News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

R/T authentication

Started by rooks, April 06, 2010, 04:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooks

G'day all ...

Just curious, I've been eyeing a '68 R/T here in Oz for a while that needs a full resto.

It appears to be # matching. VIN & Engine numbers link up, and the Fender Tag & body stamps also match. Fender tag at one time or another has been removed & painted a different colour, but has been put back and does match the body stamp numbers. All the numbers on the car look legit, and don't appear to be tampered with in any way.

Is there any other way, other than the broadcast sheet (which I'm waiting to hear back on), to tell if this is ridgey-didge, or just a really good swap-job?

Appreciate your time & thoughts,

Russ

moparstuart

welcome , I would just look it over really , really well and check out those stampings if stuff looks hinky run away .

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Mike DC

If you'e checked the body stamp numbers at the trunk driprail and the rad support, and it all looks legit, that's about all you can do. 

Talk to the owners and see how far back you can trace the car.  That might reveal something.  For example, sometimes one owner does a major resto/rebody and is honest about it, and then a subsequent owner puts phony tags on it to rip someone off. 

rooks

Thanks.

I've only seen pictures at this point as it currently resides interstate, but they're good quality photo's of the vehicle, and all stamps/tags etc. it definitely does look legit.

It's actually being sold by an importer that constantly imports and sells - not a private seller - so I'm waiting to hear back from the seller about it's history if they know anything & any documentation it might have.

Pending that outcome, I may take a weekender down to see for myself.

Dans 68

Without the buildsheet there is really no way to link the VIN/engine to the body. If the body stampings all match the fender tag number, and the engine (and transmission?) stampings match the vin tag, it probably is legit. You can look to see if the dash was removed/exchanged or/and if the rosette rivets were changed on the vin. Ask for any history on the car to help sort it out. Good luck.  :2thumbs:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Darkman

Rook,

Sounds like you are dealing with Russel (I PM'd you). There is no indication that he is not a legit seller. Keep you hands off the triple red, it's mine  :icon_smile_big:

I take it you have spoken to him then? Is yours in the country yet?
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

rooks

I don't like red interiors, so the triple red is all yours   :coolgleamA:

C500

Quote from: Darkman on April 06, 2010, 04:54:26 PM
Rook,

Sounds like you are dealing with Russel (I PM'd you). There is no indication that he is not a legit seller. Keep you hands off the triple red, it's mine  :icon_smile_big:

I take it you have spoken to him then? Is yours in the country yet?

triple red?? can you post a pic or two...never seen one. thanks.

:popcrn:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Darkman

It has red interior, red exterior and had a red vinyl roof. It is only called a triple red on the website, as the fender tag showed it came as a factory black vinyl roof.

It won't be red for long (either the interior or exterior) :coolgleamA:
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

C500

"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."