News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

C500 FOR SALE

Started by tan top, December 17, 2006, 09:43:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tan top

500 for sale on  e bay now   ,  J code  & a 4 speed    :drool5: :drool5:, looks like T5

LINK                 :ahum:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

hemi68charger

**Inactive Link Removed**   <<< Linky

Volo !!!!!  Run !!!!  Run as fast as you can !!!!!!!

They can't get their stuff together..... Gold exterior!!??  Think it's T7 Bronze actually... If it's the one I think it is, it's the sequential car after my T7 C500
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Ghoste

What's with all the copper colored 500's lately?

69_500

It is a T5 bronze car. Car has had a repro fender tag put on it, some time ago. Car was for sale out of Canada 2 1/2 years ago for $70K Canadian. Then was for sale in Washington earlier this year for $110K. Then for sale in Chicago through another dealership this summer for $150K. Now is for sale. I"m guessing they are wanting in the neighborhood of $175K. Non numbers matching, but it is a legit HEMI 500 4 speed car.

Ghoste

I was more or less meaning copper in a generic sense.  It just seemed like I've seen a lot of threads lately with 500's (and Daytonas) in that color family.  Just their turn I guess.

69_500

I would say your right though Ghoste, there was a lot of T5 and T7 cars built though back in 69.

PocketThunder

Quote from: 69_500 on December 17, 2006, 08:08:09 PM
I would say your right though Ghoste, there was a lot of T5 and T7 cars built though back in 69.

Danny, do you know how many Bronze 500's had black interior and how many had Saddle Tan interior?  Were these the only interior colors available with Bronze exteriors?  thanks.

Paul
in St. Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69_500

I haven't broken all the information down that far as of yet. I can tell you that there are bronze cars with white interior as well. I don't recall any with red interior, or blue interior, or green interior, but that doesn't mean there wasn't any. Would definately be some weird combo's if there was though.

69_500

Okay I went over what I do have on the bronze cars.

I have a T3 car with tan interior, T3 car with white interior.

T5 with white interior, T5 with black interior, and a T5 car with Tan interior.

T7 cars with black interior, T7 cars with white interior.

The T3 cars both have white tail stripes though.

T5 cars have white stripes with tan interior, and black stripes mainly with black interiors. Well really about 50/50 on the black interior cars.

T7 cars have black stripes with tan interior, and black stripes one the majority of the black interior cars as well.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on December 18, 2006, 06:55:07 PM
Okay I went over what I do have on the bronze cars.

I have a T3 car with tan interior, T3 car with white interior.

T5 with white interior, T5 with black interior, and a T5 car with Tan interior.

T7 cars with black interior, T7 cars with white interior.

The T3 cars both have white tail stripes though.

T5 cars have white stripes with tan interior, and black stripes mainly with black interiors. Well really about 50/50 on the black interior cars.

T7 cars have black stripes with tan interior, and black stripes one the majority of the black interior cars as well.

Danny... Not sure if you have, but did you change my stripe color to white after I found out it didn't come with a black stripe?

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

69_500

Yuppers, sure did.

I haven't added a section in the spreadsheet yet for stripe color. So far for most cars I just have photo's to go off of. I only have about 45 cars wrote down as to which stripe color they are. The rest are from photo's from years and years.

hemigeno

I was thumbing through the Color & Upholstery manual just now, and here are the available interior color combinations for exterior paint colors T5 and T7:

T5:  Black, Tan, White , and C5X (cloth & vinyl)

T7:  Black, Tan, White, C5X (cloth & Vinyl) plus C6G Dark Green!! (although C6G was listed as not recommended)

69_500

I've often wondered about those options listed in the color and upholstery guide.

If I'm not mistaken does it list blue interior as an option for the Y4 cars? Or the A4 cars?

How about green for a Yellow car? I know of a Y2 yellow 500 with green interior. Y4 gold car with blue interior, and an A4 car with blue interior.

hemi68charger

Quote from: hemigeno on December 18, 2006, 07:07:26 PM

T7:  Black, Tan, White, C5X (cloth & Vinyl) plus C6G Dark Green!! (although C6G was listed as not recommended)

eewwwwwwwww  !!!!!

It's like that yellow '70 v-code Charger R/T with green interior..............
Troy

hemigeno

Quote from: 69_500 on December 18, 2006, 07:15:55 PM
I've often wondered about those options listed in the color and upholstery guide.

If I'm not mistaken does it list blue interior as an option for the Y4 cars? Or the A4 cars?

How about green for a Yellow car? I know of a Y2 yellow 500 with green interior. Y4 gold car with blue interior, and an A4 car with blue interior.

Of the combos you listed, the book says all were possible but the Y4/blue interior.  That doesn't mean they didn't make such an animal, as we all know there are lots of examples of things that weren't "supposed" to be made.

Silver had all combo's listed as possible except Tan.  Y3 (Cream) had all listed as possible except Blue, although Red was listed as "not recommended".  Here is the page from the book:

PocketThunder

So.   :ahum:

Danny, put me down for T7 car with Tan interior.

Troy*, how did you know Dana's stripe color was originally white?  I'm trying to find out what my car is supposed to have.  It has had one repaint.  Maybe it should be white also since we have the same color car interior and exterior.

Geno, was there a factory option for leather seat inserts?  or is that an aftermarket option now available?

* the other Troy.. :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

41husk

Volo is about 15 miles fro Hlpg, between the two establishments you should be able to find a good bargain :P
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

hemigeno

Quote from: PocketThunder on December 19, 2006, 11:40:23 AM

Geno, was there a factory option for leather seat inserts?  or is that an aftermarket option now available?

Paul,

The SE interior combos (with leather seat inserts) were on the back side of that same page.  Do I need to scan and post it too?

PocketThunder

Quote from: hemigeno on December 19, 2006, 12:42:25 PM

Paul,

The SE interior combos (with leather seat inserts) were on the back side of that same page.  Do I need to scan and post it too?

nope, thats ok.  Could a leather seat insert interior be ordered without the SE option?  I dont have the build sheet for my car and the interior was out of it when i got it so i'd like to put the leather seat interior in when i get to that point.

thanks

hemi68charger

Quote from: 41husk on December 19, 2006, 12:21:53 PM
Volo is about 15 miles fro Hlpg, between the two establishments you should be able to find a good bargain :P

Or a big fat lie..........

Apparently, that C500 at volo has some body issues........... or at least did.........
Troy

hemi68charger

Troy*, how did you know Dana's stripe color was originally white?  I'm trying to find out what my car is supposed to have.  It has had one repaint.  Maybe it should be white also since we have the same color car interior and exterior.

* the other Troy.. :icon_smile_big:

Paul,,
I've acquired photos of Dana from the '70's when she was in her original paint and it's a white stripe........  She went through the ringer, that's for sure........
Troy

hemigeno

Quote from: PocketThunder on December 19, 2006, 12:51:18 PM
Could a leather seat insert interior be ordered without the SE option?  I dont have the build sheet for my car and the interior was out of it when i got it so i'd like to put the leather seat interior in when i get to that point.

thanks

To my knowledge, you only got the leather & vinyl seats when the SE package was ordered.  There is no separate line item on the Price Sheets I have for the options and accessories, and the Dealer Data book only mentions it as part of the SE package.  On top of that, here's a quote from the Upholstery book:

The standard bucket seats are trimmed in leather and vinyl when the extra-cost optional Special Edition Package is selected in either Charger R/T or Charger.

The title of that section is called "Charger R/T & Charger - 2-door hardtop Extra-cost Leather S.E. Trim"

I know better than to say it NEVER happened, but leather inserts were only supposed to come on SE cars.  After talking to some guys that used to work at the St. Louis Assembly plant back then, just about anything could happen.  Lots of guys that worked at the plant bought cars, and personally walked them down the assembly line.  A few bucks here, a few bucks there, and all sorts of things were "added" to a car that wasn't on the order sheet or supposed to be available.

If your car is an SE, it should definitely have the leather/vinyl seats.  If not, almost certainly not.  Isn't the fender tag still with the car?  All Charger SE's should have CR_ coded on the tag, with the last digit denoting the color of the interior trim.

Beep Beep Dave

If thats the one outta Canada its a decent enough car but way overpriced at $175k, unless the car has been restored. I would say it was driver condition with fair paint covering up some bodywork. I heard the Canadian owner traded a 69 Daytona straight up for it...Red on Red car needing a total resto. I believe the Daytona was on Ebay a few years ago...maybe 3 and thats how the trade came about.
I have the old Auto Trader ad when the Red on Red Daytona was for sale in Western Canada for $13,000...right around 1986.

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

Brock Samson

I read some years ago that there was a guy who's specific job was to catch bad color combos like a yellow car with a red gut or blue and green combos.
sorry i don't remember the source...

i'd like to see dark blue with the tan on a '69 SE.

(any word on that tan vynal top material anyone?..)

PocketThunder

Quote from: hemigeno on December 19, 2006, 01:19:34 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on December 19, 2006, 12:51:18 PM
Could a leather seat insert interior be ordered without the SE option?  I dont have the build sheet for my car and the interior was out of it when i got it so i'd like to put the leather seat interior in when i get to that point.

thanks
If your car is an SE, it should definitely have the leather/vinyl seats.  If not, almost certainly not.  Isn't the fender tag still with the car?  All Charger SE's should have CR_ coded on the tag, with the last digit denoting the color of the interior trim.

Yep i sure do.  i just checked and it is coded for C6T seats..

thanks

Quote from: Brock Samson on December 19, 2006, 01:36:02 PM(any word on that tan vynal top material anyone?..)

not sure but i'd better look into it because i'm gonna need some. :yesnod:

Charger_Fan

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 19, 2006, 01:16:10 PM
I've acquired photos of Dana from the '70's when she was in her original paint and it's a white stripe........  She went through the ringer, that's for sure........
WOW! :o I didn't know your car was ever in that sort of shape! Here I had thought it led a pampered life. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

whitehatspecial

This car is very cool.

**Inactive Link Removed**
Cars owned:
1968 Dodge Charger, 48k orig. miles, family owned since new.
Not a Hemi, a mini-hemi 340.

70 Charger RT

Very cool.  I love the 69 500s.
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

hemi68charger

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on December 19, 2006, 01:46:56 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on December 19, 2006, 01:16:10 PM
WOW! :o I didn't know your car was ever in that sort of shape! Here I had thought it led a pampered life. ;D

Pampered life !!???  Hell, I've broken camshafts and driveshafts flogging on her........   :icon_smile_big:    I ENJOY my Chargers..... The same will be true for the Hemi car when it's done.. Granted, I may trailer her on long distance trips, but that's because I have a little baby.......  Sheetmetal has always been good on her though.........
Troy

hemigeno

Hemidog

that car is smoking! 4 speed HEMI :o

hemigeno

To keep this thread from being moved into the eBay section (where 99% of threads about eBay auctions belong), I'll move it to the Aero Forum and merge it with the other thread.

Geno

69_500

Paul,

I don't think your car had the leather inserts from the factory. I only saw your car once in person. and that was right before your purchased it. If I'm not mistaken wasn't your car with a red stripe?

If the car hasn't been striped the easiest way to tell what stripe color it would have had, is to look at the rear bezel markers, from the inside of the trunk. There should be part of the stripe inside behind the bezels. Stripe should be cut in an X patern, to allow for the bezel to be mounted. Thus leaving the 4 flaps on the inside of the trunk. However if the car has been repainted or a new stripe added over the years its hard to tell.
For some reason I thought your car had a red stripe.

I would say what color are the bezels painted but in my opinion 80% of them are body color, so that wouldn't be any help either.

PocketThunder

HEY!!!!  guess what, my stripe color was black  :boogie:  I checked for the stripe folded over in the marker light and sure enough there it was, black stripe material.  Which makes me happy because i wasnt too excited about putting a white stripe on if that were the case.  i think black looks much better.  Here are a couple pics of the material and one of my cars current condition for those of you following along at home. :icon_smile_big:

tan top

intresting ..  good find   :thumbs: . i never realised  until   recently  there would not of been any way to tell  what the original color a C500  stripe would be ,   ::)
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

69_500

I'll make a note of the stripe color in my little notebook tonight then.

Congrats on the find. I knew there was a reason I thought it was a red stripe, as that is the stripe it has on it now.

nascarxx29

The decal material on my original daytona was x cut.Then marker light was shoved in.Most likely done same way for the 69 500.As you found the evidence
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

69_500

Weren't all the R/T style stripes the same way? As far as the origional stripes go? No holes in the origional stripes for the marker lights, unlike the replacement stripes we now have?