News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

C500 FOR SALE

Started by tan top, December 17, 2006, 09:43:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 19, 2006, 01:16:10 PM
I've acquired photos of Dana from the '70's when she was in her original paint and it's a white stripe........  She went through the ringer, that's for sure........
WOW! :o I didn't know your car was ever in that sort of shape! Here I had thought it led a pampered life. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

whitehatspecial

This car is very cool.

**Inactive Link Removed**
Cars owned:
1968 Dodge Charger, 48k orig. miles, family owned since new.
Not a Hemi, a mini-hemi 340.

70 Charger RT

Very cool.  I love the 69 500s.
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

hemi68charger

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on December 19, 2006, 01:46:56 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on December 19, 2006, 01:16:10 PM
I've acquired photos of Dana from the '70's when she was in her original paint and it's a white stripe........  She went through the ringer, that's for sure........
WOW! :o I didn't know your car was ever in that sort of shape! Here I had thought it led a pampered life. ;D

Pampered life !!???  Hell, I've broken camshafts and driveshafts flogging on her........   :icon_smile_big:    I ENJOY my Chargers..... The same will be true for the Hemi car when it's done.. Granted, I may trailer her on long distance trips, but that's because I have a little baby.......  Sheetmetal has always been good on her though.........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemigeno

Hemidog

that car is smoking! 4 speed HEMI :o

hemigeno

To keep this thread from being moved into the eBay section (where 99% of threads about eBay auctions belong), I'll move it to the Aero Forum and merge it with the other thread.

Geno

69_500

Paul,

I don't think your car had the leather inserts from the factory. I only saw your car once in person. and that was right before your purchased it. If I'm not mistaken wasn't your car with a red stripe?

If the car hasn't been striped the easiest way to tell what stripe color it would have had, is to look at the rear bezel markers, from the inside of the trunk. There should be part of the stripe inside behind the bezels. Stripe should be cut in an X patern, to allow for the bezel to be mounted. Thus leaving the 4 flaps on the inside of the trunk. However if the car has been repainted or a new stripe added over the years its hard to tell.
For some reason I thought your car had a red stripe.

I would say what color are the bezels painted but in my opinion 80% of them are body color, so that wouldn't be any help either.

PocketThunder

HEY!!!!  guess what, my stripe color was black  :boogie:  I checked for the stripe folded over in the marker light and sure enough there it was, black stripe material.  Which makes me happy because i wasnt too excited about putting a white stripe on if that were the case.  i think black looks much better.  Here are a couple pics of the material and one of my cars current condition for those of you following along at home. :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

tan top

intresting ..  good find   :thumbs: . i never realised  until   recently  there would not of been any way to tell  what the original color a C500  stripe would be ,   ::)
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

69_500

I'll make a note of the stripe color in my little notebook tonight then.

Congrats on the find. I knew there was a reason I thought it was a red stripe, as that is the stripe it has on it now.

nascarxx29

The decal material on my original daytona was x cut.Then marker light was shoved in.Most likely done same way for the 69 500.As you found the evidence
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

69_500

Weren't all the R/T style stripes the same way? As far as the origional stripes go? No holes in the origional stripes for the marker lights, unlike the replacement stripes we now have?