News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

your vin numbers

Started by 72_R/T_s/e, December 21, 2006, 11:46:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bookedbydano

I want to see these pictures. grab a camera and take a few, not that hard........we will be waiting.

Khyron

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on December 22, 2006, 10:53:58 PM

Fake?        Fake?     Did somebody say fake?   

Sometimes it just really doesn't matter, does it. 

for some reason I want a pop tart now.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Doright

I cant belive so many are so fast to claim BS
It is possible..... although highly unlikly, but it is still possible if it was a late run 71 built in 72 its happend before.
After all most said I would never find another 72 U code + H code charger with all the same accessorys my old car had!!!!! 
Its in my yard now in all its rusting proof
Doright
A&P FCC 
I play with cars because Jets are way too serious to be fun any more
I have so many car projects that cars are beginning to be no fun any more

71gtx

hud                ???????????????????????????????

Picture of frame rails next to rear spring hangers ?
Picture of underside of floor just above the rear U joint?
Is it a 4 spd car? If so, please provide picture of the vin stamping on the Dana rear.?
Part numbers of both r and l torsion bars  ?

Size / Part number stamped in Oil Pan?   70 -72  440 6 pack pan no number

vin numbers on the dana 60 ?     66- 72  dana 60    no vin numbers on dana 60s :icon_smile_big:

twilt

Quote from: Doright on December 23, 2006, 12:10:17 AM
I cant belive so many are so fast to claim BS
It is possible..... although highly unlikly, but it is still possible if it was a late run 71 built in 72 its happend before.

The sequence number is way too high to be a  72 V code car, thats why.  The old story on the real cars is that the snuck off the line in the 1st couple of days of 72 production. That makes sense and  is supported by VINS of known legit cars. Now, if he had posted  a number like WH23V2A100013............. I`d quietly munch on some popcorn     :popcrn:  :popcrn:  and await further details.     

ph23vo

i agree with N96 its either a misprinted vin with no other docs to back it up.... or it would need to be an early car...dan

Doright

Ok I will buy that and waite as well still not going to say it couldnt happen though cause you could order any thing with Dodge if you had the cash
Doright
A&P FCC 

Chris G.

This is the funniest thread I have read on here in a long time. Thanks guys, keep it coming.  :lol:

Hemidoug

Quote from: 71gtx on December 23, 2006, 12:24:37 AM

hud                ???????????????????????????????

Picture of frame rails next to rear spring hangers ?
Picture of underside of floor just above the rear U joint?
Is it a 4 spd car? If so, please provide picture of the vin stamping on the Dana rear.?
Part numbers of both r and l torsion bars  ?

Size / Part number stamped in Oil Pan?   70 -72  440 6 pack pan no number

vin numbers on the dana 60 ?     66- 72  dana 60    no vin numbers on dana 60s :icon_smile_big:

last 2 numbers of the pan are available from the broadcast. I couldn't remember if they were stamped in the pan or not. As for the DANA, I'll go down and take pictures of my sequence numbers off my 71 Dana if you like... ALL 6 pack cars came with Hemi equipment including torsion bars, rear springs, pinion snubber reinforcement and boxed frame rails.....

Here is a picture of the pinion snubber reinforcement. It is the strip of sheet metal welded to the formed snubber plate on the bottom of the rear floor pan. I will have to take more pics of the other stuff the next time I go to the body shop for a visit.
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Scatpack

Ground Hog Day........................................I think we've all been here before.......................
:scope: :popcrn:
http://community.webshots.com/user/moooboy
70 Barracuda Gran Coupe,383Hp,# match
70 Dodge PU 383 Adventurer
02 F250 SuperCab LB 4X4 7.3, 6 speed manual
06 Dodge Magnum SXT
06 Honda VTX1800S Spec 3
Suzuki Vinson 500 4x4 ATV
Ford 1510 Diesel 4x4 Tractor
AQHA QuarterHorse,1HP,Very Fast

Doright

440 Six-Pack Production Numbers I found on the net at :
http://www.mymopar.com/6packprodnumb.htm

So it may be possible

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4-Spd Auto Canada Total 
Challenger R/T - 2 door hardtop 127 119 - 246
Super Bee - 2 door hardtop 30 69 - 99
Charger R/T - 2 door hardtop 80 98 - 178
'Cuda - 2 door hardtop 108 129 - 237
'Cuda - Convertible 5 12 - 17
Road Runner - 2 door hardtop 137 109 - 246
GTX - 2 door hardtop 62 73 - 135
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4-Spd Auto Canada Total 
Charger Rallye - 2 door hardtop - - - 2*
Road Runner GTX - 2 door hardtop - - - 1*
* Known to Exist         

Mopar, Dodge, Chrysler, and Plymouth are registered trademarks of DiamlerChrysler.
MyMopar.com is not affiliated in any way with DaimlerChrysler.
Please read our Privacy Policy.

Doright
A&P FCC 

Doright

The canada models are the only ones known to exist doesnt mean there isnt more some were
Doright
A&P FCC 

Ghoste

No one's said that none were made.  Just asked for a little proof this is one is all.

Hemidoug

Quote from: Doright on December 23, 2006, 02:39:41 PM
The canada models are the only ones known to exist doesnt mean there isnt more some were

You are correct. It doesn't mean that they are the only ones that exist, that is why it is important to find any more LEGIT ones! That is also why that any that are FAKE are debunked.

Anyone know what factory the Canada ones were made in? Just another piece of the puzzle.........
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

konigcharger

1972                                                    4-Spd Auto Canada Total 
Charger Rallye - 2 door hardtop                   -       -        -          2
Road Runner GTX - 2 door hardtop              -       -        -          1

known to exist

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

twilt

Really?   ;)  GG`s  white book indicates 2 of each. Guess i will have to call him and tell him to stop printing such erroneous numbers.  :lol: :lol:  Either way it really doesnt mean squat to me whether there is 2, 3, 4, or 6 since i don`t have one in my garage.  I think it would be accurate to say that they are ultra  rare and the documented ones have very low sequence numbers (unlike this one)   

72_R/T_s/e

its in storage at our ware house at the cottage wich is only summer accesible but ill find the picture if the car its self ill scan it and put it up other than that all that was givin with the car was the vin tag an ownership and ill dig out the build sheet and get pics as soon as i see the car

72_R/T_s/e

personally id rather it not be ligit valuale car like a 1 of 1 because i wanna enjoy it motre than it bieng a trailer queen type car to me that v code stuff means no more that anything its just owning a mopar is the joy and best part of the car

Ghoste

Yeah well, if it's legit, you'll be able to sell it for so much money that you'll be able to enjoy a number of "lesser" Mopars and have some cash left over to put gas in them besides.  So I wouldn't worry about it too much.

72_R/T_s/e

i underSTAND that its just ppl are pulling out there bs meters at shot calling m,e a liar when i never said it was are it wansnt i simply gave my vin not caring if it was the rare 72s or not its my mopar and ill love her either way

Ghoste

72_R/T_s/e

yeah either way u put it its a charger and thats all that matters my plans wernt on making it a show car simply a fun car and if it was u guys get super ofensive ar if i dont or wouldnt deserve a 1 of 1 car it can happen to anyone to find a ultra rare one just takes luck

twilt

Don`t take it  (BS meters)  personal,  but the info (sequence #) that you posted does not jive with other 72 v code Chargers. There is good reason that your information is accepted with a high level of disbelief. I am not calling you a liar, I just believe that your car is either  a mis-struck VIN or an error on your part in reading the VIN. 

Dude

Quote from: 72_R/T_s/e on December 23, 2006, 10:31:39 PM
its in storage at our ware house at the cottage wich is only summer accesible but ill find the picture if the car its self ill scan it and put it up other than that all that was givin with the car was the vin tag an ownership and ill dig out the build sheet and get pics as soon as i see the car

DAMN!

I thought I was the worst speller in the world...BS or not, I have hard time understanding this dude.

konigcharger

Quote from: Dude on December 24, 2006, 12:23:35 AM
Quote from: 72_R/T_s/e on December 23, 2006, 10:31:39 PM

DAMN!

I thought I was the worst speller in the world...BS or not, I have hard time understanding this dude.

~translation~

it is in storage at our cottage in a warehouse, which i can only access during the summer months. i will attempt to find a picture of the car in question and scan it so I may post it for you to see. All the infomation have to go on at this time is the vin tag and title. i will dig out the build sheet and take pictures as weather permits

all right guys give him a break now. who knows he might have the last six pack charger built  ::)

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.