News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

your vin numbers

Started by 72_R/T_s/e, December 21, 2006, 11:46:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NHCharger

Quote from: 72_R/T_s/e on December 24, 2006, 12:03:23 AM
yeah either way u put it its a charger and thats all that matters my plans wernt on making it a show car simply a fun car and if it was u guys get super ofensive ar if i dont or wouldnt deserve a 1 of 1 car it can happen to anyone to find a ultra rare one just takes luck

Don't get your panties in a knot. If you peruse through the website you will find a lot of knowledgeable members here who have been into Mopars for years (or decades).
Put yourself in our postion, a newbie comes on the board claiming ownership of an ultra rare Charger but has NO proof to back it up. When pressed for information, claims the car is currently in-acessable.
If you currently have no proof to validate your claim you might want to ask one of the mods to delete this thread and then start a new thread once you do have some pics and documentation. Even if it turns out to be a U code car you still have an awesome Charger.
And my last thought. I've been wondering if this is another board member yanking our chain. :scratchchin:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Ghoste

I was wondering that myself based on spelling, punctuation, sentence structure and overall theme.

72_R/T_s/e

k w/e u think boys the thing is that oner charger is out there and thats my vin did i ever state that it was it i just poped up my vin its as if u cant handle that a newbie found it and u dint feel happy about it that its not another car gone to the crusher ...... i tend to see the older u get the more jeulousy u tend to have sorry about my poor english im french canadian

twilt

Maybe konigcharger can decipher that post too.

TylerCharger69

poped????    Is that when THE POPE  slaps the crap out of you?

Hemidoug

Quote from: 72_R/T_s/e on December 24, 2006, 04:40:37 PM
k w/e u think boys the thing is that oner charger is out there and thats my vin did i ever state that it was it i just poped up my vin its as if u cant handle that a newbie found it and u dint feel happy about it that its not another car gone to the crusher ...... i tend to see the older u get the more jeulousy u tend to have sorry about my poor english im french canadian

Well "boys"....that explains a LOT! Now I know that english is a second language in french Canadian land.......I'm thinin' he has his alfamabet all a screwy.......It's GOT to be a 6pack car now.... yup, that's the problem, we're all "jeulous".......
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Hemidoug

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on December 24, 2006, 06:36:38 PM
IP addy is unique

I think this thread needs to die the death it deserved some time ago...... :yesnod:

Brock Samson

Hey guysRemember that new yorker who got the low milage hemi charger out of a storage space in NYC last yr. for a couple hundred bucks?,  ...we spent some amount of time trying to get him to prove his b ghtohclaimnever did  my gf's puter sucks merry xmas!  strat kak---- brock etx-c

konigcharger

Quote from: twilt on December 24, 2006, 04:45:09 PM
Maybe konigcharger can decipher that post too.

sorry... thats past even my skill

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

69CoronetRT

Quote from: 72_R/T_s/e on December 24, 2006, 04:40:37 PM

OK. (THE) Thing is that's (another?) Charger is out there and that's my VIN. Did I ever state that it was? I just popped up my VIN. It's as if you can't handle that a newbie found it and you didn't feel happy about it. It's not another car gone to the crusher. I tend to see the older you get the more jelousy you tend to have. Sorry about my poor English. I'm French Canadian.

Let's let this one play out and see what happens. I'm skeptical too but how many were skeptical about the Landry Charger? That one turned out to be legit. While the probablilty this is a real 72 6bbl is exceedingly low, the possibility does exist. Many cars that weren't supposed to be built have surfaced over the years. If it's real...well then, good for all of us. Ma Mopar struck again and surprised us.

'72 R/T SE...Many people have made claims about cars they've found and the claims are not backed up with any proof. If you have the broadcast sheet or a picture of the VIN or fender tag, you'll need to produce it if you want members on this board to believe you have a '72 6bbl Charger or know where one is.

Be prepared for what may follow if it is or is not a legit car.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

72_R/T_s/e

i know ppl have claimed i never said it was i was just asking advice putting up my vin and i get bitched out man ive just posted to get an opinion i know some ppl have claimed i never hear of a 72 charger six pack bieng rare i thought it was a normal sixpacker worth a bit more so we will all have to find out soon

twilt

Quote from: 72_R/T_s/e on December 25, 2006, 02:08:39 AM
i know ppl have claimed i never said it was i was just asking advice putting up my vin and i get bitched out man ive just posted to get an opinion i know some ppl have claimed i never hear of a 72 charger six pack bieng rare i thought it was a normal sixpacker worth a bit more so we will all have to find out soon

XS29L9B2

my vin decoder XS29L9B258015
dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

TylerCharger69

Just show us the pics and the pic of the vin tag.   If it's legit....well...you wouldn't believe the help you would get to do to this car what needs to be done.   If it's a legit car...everyone here will most likely go out of their way to help you.  And...if it is legit.....you may want to think of going back factory original with it   and start "caring" if it definately IS a "V" code car or not.    Probably be worth a mint...especially wuth documentation that you stated that you have...i.e.  broadcast sheet....etc...  I have to agree, however, that the likelihood of this being what you stated is extremely low.  Not saying there isn't that possibility.....but the odds are not in favor of it.

Doright

72 RTSE how old are you?
I ask because your post kinda lead me to belive your kinda young just wondering.
Also was this car a gift to you by a family member? (nothing like keeping a car in the family) :icon_smile_big:
My father has given me Two nice Mopars over the years my first wich I didnt apreciate enough and His Pize a 1957 NewYorker 2 door with the original 392 Hemi although the later was just a few years ago it awaits in the back yard to be restored again.

As far as my newly aquired 72 SE My wife is on direct orders when I go sell the car! that way the boys dont get it.  :icon_smile_evil:
The last thing I want to do were ever I go is worry that one of them are going to wreck it   :rotz: That way I can rest in peace :angel:
Doright
A&P FCC 
I play with cars because Jets are way too serious to be fun any more
I have so many car projects that cars are beginning to be no fun any more

72_R/T_s/e

i am 18 paid for the car myself with my part time job i paid 3500$

TylerCharger69

We would  REALLY  like to see a few pics.  If the car is what you say it is.....it could be worth a lot of money!!!   I know that you have stated that you aren't concerned about that, but if, in fact, it turns out to be a rarity,  you may want to re-consider the fashion you wish to restore that car.  I could very well  lead you to an early retirement.   I was just doing some reading in a Mopar Action mag  I've had stored.  There is a '72 B5 blue Charger with a 440 six-pack  and it states that only two known Chargers were spanked out the door with that option early in the assembly line.  (Maybe left over stuff??)  I don't have a scanner,  but I'm going to take the mag to my bass players' house and scan the pictures and the write-up on it so I can post it in here.  Those of you who are familiar with this car,  It's a B-5 Blue '72 Charger with white vinyl top  and the louvre indentions in the door are black  and an Air Grabber hood.    I'll post up as soon as I get the task at hand done.  Perhaps the car is owned by a member in this forum??

twilt

For research purposes, I looked at the sequence numbers and build dates on the 3 72 Chargers that I own. Only one was built at Lynch Road. It has a sequence number of 156XXX and a build date of 1-72. Using that as a guide and using numerical logic, the likely build date of this alleged v code car would be more like 5-72 or 6-72.  I dont believe for a minute that any legit V code cars rolled off the line that late in production. The vins for 2 v code 72 Chargers were posted on Moparts a few days ago and were so low, that they indicated that the cars rolled off the line on the 1st day of 72 production.   

TylerCharger69

I went online to a few decoders  including the one I have...and they tell me that this VIN is improper.    I'm leaning toward the BS side of things now.....but  we'll see...at least I hope so.

Doright

72 RTSE
Sounds like you got a heck of a deal on a cool car even if it turns out to be a clone you have more value in parts than you paid!!!!
So all is good cant waite to find out if its a jenny or not, looking forward to a few picks.
Doright
A&P FCC 
I play with cars because Jets are way too serious to be fun any more
I have so many car projects that cars are beginning to be no fun any more

AKcharger

I just junked one that the yard said was supposed to be special XS29R0G11511. Car was actually in good shape but I just needed the seats out of it. Does that vin look "special to you guys, looks like a normal car to me?  :icon_smile_big:

69CoronetRT

Quote from: AKcharger on December 26, 2006, 02:18:09 AM
I just junked one that the yard said was supposed to be special XS29R0G11511. Car was actually in good shape but I just needed the seats out of it. Does that vin look "special to you guys, looks like a normal car to me?  :icon_smile_big:

I don't know...it's real close to my XX29ROG. (Bought it from some 'Bob' guy...funky color and bumpers) :icon_smile_wink:
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Hemidoug

Well, I found BS23R2G233451 not to long ago. It has this weird engine in it, the spark plugs went clean thru the valve covers. this 72 Plymouth, must have been a special order. Came with a shaker hood, super track pac, included a 12 bolt independent rear with a 6 spd tranny, and this big wing on the back with the words Super Cuda on it, all factory installed. The guy sold it to me for 3500.  It's up at my dad's cottage in Mane but we can only get there in the summer. It's only accessible for 5 days in July. I'll get the broadcast and take pictures of it then. Until then just believe that I have this 72 Cuda. It's my fist Cuda and I don't care if you think this is BS or not, I still love it, I don't care of it's 1 of 1. Believe me when I say it's VIN has an R in it, I swear it's all original.

(see I can play too)

72_R/T_s/e

see the car is in a ware house at our cottage thats only acesible to in the summer thats where the challenger is also but i never said it was a 1 of 1 dude