News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

look what and who i found on ebay

Started by BigBlockSam, December 24, 2006, 11:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Old Moparz on January 04, 2007, 12:00:46 AM
Grant's not allowed to come out & go anywhere until he cleans his garage.   :D
HHAAAHAHA!! :haha:

One of these days, I'm gonna get my butt to Carlisle...preferrably with my Charger. :yesnod:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

PocketThunder

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 04, 2007, 01:12:14 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on January 04, 2007, 12:00:46 AM
Grant's not allowed to come out & go anywhere until he cleans his garage.   :D
HHAAAHAHA!! :haha:

One of these days, I'm gonna get my butt to Carlisle...preferrably with my Charger. :yesnod:

When you go i'll go.  :yesnod:  i'll meet up with you in Chicago and we can (race) i mean convoy out there. :drive:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Ghoste

LOL.  Man, I am just sitting here chuckling my ass off over this thread.  I've followed it from the start but only just now realized what a path it's followed.  It started out as an e-bay notifyer and then moved into a discussion about Larry, became somewhat (ahem) contentious for a while and now it's turned to reminiscing about a past car show and looking forward to hooking up at shows this summer.  :icon_smile_big:

hotrod98

That's what I love about this board. Something new around every curve.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Howie

The wife is draging me to Pa. to go see the king tut exhibit sowhile we are there I will be dragging her to carlisle this july!

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Ghoste on January 04, 2007, 08:08:46 PM
It started out as an e-bay notifyer and then moved into a discussion about Larry, became somewhat (ahem) contentious for a while and now it's turned to reminiscing about a past car show and looking forward to hooking up at shows this summer.  :icon_smile_big:
As it should be...we're gearheads, after all. :icon_smile_approve:

The only thing we haven't talked about in length is bodily functions...  :icon_smile_tongue:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69_500

So while we are at it, who is going to be at Carlisle this year?

Aren't they going to have a special aero car section this year?

Ghoste

Right now, I am planning to attend Carlisle.  Do you think if I give my argument at the gate about the 66-67 Chargers being the first shot from Chrysler in the aero wars they'll buy into it and let me park with ya'll?

I probably stand a better chance of pissing in the wind and not getting wet, huh?

69_500

I'd almost guarantee that another car wouldn't be allowed into that area. They are pretty good at keeping things well organized there at Carlisle. Which to me is one of their best points.

Does anyone know for sure what the special feature car is this year? I had heard it might be the aero cars, but haven't ever heard a definative answer yet.

A383Wing

Quote from: 69_500 on January 06, 2007, 12:49:37 PM

Does anyone know for sure what the special feature car is this year? I had heard it might be the aero cars, but haven't ever heard a definative answer yet.

I heard "wing cars" & "convertibles"

Bryan  (but that's what I heard)

nascarxx29

Im not sure what there featuring for a display .I know a guy from carlisle productions that owns a superbird.Might try giving him a email
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Troy

According to their web site, they are "featuring wing cars and convertibles".
http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/chrysler/index.asp

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

hemigeno

Wish they were doing that wing car feature next year - I'd definitely be ready then.  The website says to contact them if you have a wing car and are going to the event.  They are trying to get the largest ever group of wing cars together, but it will be very hard for them to top the Talladega/DSAC reunion.  I didn't think there was an overwhelming number of wing cars there last year, to be honest.  MonsterMopar blew Carlisle and the 'Nats away as far as wing cars go.

I dunno if I can swing making it to Carlisle this year.  If I still have a parts shopping list, I'll probably go again since it's one of the best Mopar swap meets held.  I really look forward to bringing a car there one of these years!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: hemigeno on January 08, 2007, 10:20:06 AM

I dunno if I can swing making it to Carlisle this year. If I still have a parts shopping list, I'll probably go again since it's one of the best Mopar swap meets held. I really look forward to bringing a car there one of these years!

Hopefully that list will include more than a headlight! ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemigeno

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on January 08, 2007, 02:35:58 PM

I dunno if I can swing making it to Carlisle this year. If I still have a parts shopping list, I'll probably go again since it's one of the best Mopar swap meets held. I really look forward to bringing a car there one of these years!

Hopefully that list will include more than a headlight! ;)

That was one expensive headlight, I'm here to tell ya!   :icon_smile_blackeye:

Shakey

Remember Geno, it's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase!   :yesnod:

hemigeno

Yep, I kept telling myself that too.

I'm having fun... I'm having fun... No, really, I AM having fun...  Driving 14 hours one-way for a headlamp bulb is not so bad...  :P

Honestly, I did much better this last year than the ill-fated headlight run the year before, and got to take in much more of the car show PLUS meet a lot more cool board members.  I would recommend Carlisle to anyone who wanted to see a major car show done right.

69_500

Hey Gene, come through Indy, and ride to Carlisle with me. :) I think I"m going to drive the 500 over this year.

nitrometal

I'm pretty sure my car won't make it. That's a 1,500 mile haul from my house!
:drive: :drive: :drive: :drive: :drive: and  :drive: some more!!!
I sure would like to be there though.
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

hemigeno

Quote from: 69_500 on January 08, 2007, 08:14:47 PM
Hey Gene, come through Indy, and ride to Carlisle with me. :) I think I"m going to drive the 500 over this year.

I'd love to, but the question is not whether I want to go to Carlisle, it's whether I can spare the time to do so.  That's usually right in the heart of our busy season at work, and I'm supposed to be taking regular trips up to Michigan to check on Vance's progress.  That will probably chew up what little "play"time I'll have.  If I can swing it, that would be a fun trip to make with ya.

Speaking of road trips with Danny, any chance you could take off a Monday from work sometime soon?  I'm thinking of heading up to see Vance around the 29th (but that date is not chiseled in stone just yet).  I would leave on Sunday afternoon, road trip up to Grand Haven, and spend pretty much all day Monday at Vance's drooling over all the cool Mopars he has sitting around being worked on.  Let me know if you can swing that.  After all the school basketball games are over for the season, I'll be able to make Friday night/Saturday trips instead of having to skip work.  That might be better for you if you can't spare the vacation day.

Boy, this thread's topics have sure meandered around quite a bit!

Aero426

Wish they were doing that wing car feature next year - I'd definitely be ready then.  The website says to contact them if you have a wing car and are going to the event.  They are trying to get the largest ever group of wing cars together, but it will be very hard for them to top the Talladega/DSAC reunion.  I didn't think there was an overwhelming number of wing cars there last year, to be honest.  MonsterMopar blew Carlisle and the 'Nats away as far as wing cars go.

This is not the best year for Carlisle to surprise us by pulling the "We're going to feature Wing Cars" rabbit out of their hat.    Our club is doing an event in Milwaukee.   Winged Warriors is doing an event in Charlotte.   Both clubs spend good money from their treasuries to put on events that are FREE to attend, with relevant guest speakers, the whole nine yards.

In some ways, Carlisle will simply dilute what the clubs are trying to do, and to me that is personally frustrating.   I wish they had given us the opporunity to coordinate it and really get behind it.  I didn't hear anything about it until the general announcement.   It really caught me by surprise.

I realize there are folks who will not go to Milwaukee,  Charlotte or St Louis for distance reasons.  But we are trying to put on special, memorable events.  Having so many choices waters things down to a more regional level, versus a true national meet.   

hotrod98

The St. Louis event (Monster Mopar Weekend) is an awesome show. I was so surprised at the number and quality of the wing cars at the first event that I attended about four years ago. It seems to be growing every year. With the drag racing, vendor midway, the regular mopar show and the decent swap meet, the wing cars are just the icing on the cake. I hope the Carlisle event doesn't affect the MMW show too much. I know that people have to plan their vacation schedules as well as their allotted vacation dollars in advance and sometimes people will attend a show that's much closer to them.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

69_500

Hey Gene, I have next Monday off of work already. :)

As far as another one, well that depends on if the deal I'm working on goes through. I'm working on getting exclusive video, and photographic rights to 6 major car shows on the west coast. yeah I know its not close to me, but its a deal. If that goes as planned I'll be heading to Arizona on February 2nd for the first show. Otherwise I'm always free on weekends to head up to Michigan.

OH and I think Carlisle is about 580 miles from me, but hey that is only 2 1/2 tanks in the 500. :)