News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

look what and who i found on ebay

Started by BigBlockSam, December 24, 2006, 11:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on December 29, 2006, 04:21:33 PM
Well said Troy. :cheers:

:iagree:

Owning a board like this takes A LOT of work and dedication. Tough decisions are just that, tough....... There should never be finger pointing or name calling.. We ALL live in different circumstances, both good and bad. It's all relative.....

:2thumbs: to you Troy,,

Troy, the other Troy...  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

dkn1997

Quote from: hotrod98 on December 30, 2006, 12:21:25 AM
You missed the point entirely. Anyone else?

I am not trying to sound like a smart ass, so tell me what your point was please.
RECHRGED

69_500

Gene, we would also have to put Dave in the same part then as he no longer has a wing car, but is definately a wealth of information when it comes to the Daytona's and Superbirds.
Ghoste would also be out as he doesn't have an aero car, but definately loves the 500's.

I like having people who don't own the cars in this section. Its not a club, but a discussion board. One slight thing with a discussion though is that some people view some discussions as arguements. I know my wife thinks I argue with my buddies alot, but when we are discussing cars some things become more of heated discussions. The difference being that we are doing this face to face, and can tell when someone is being sarcastic, or serious, and you can also tell when your pushing someone a little too far, and know when to back off and let things go.

hotrod98

I really could care less who posts on this board as long as they're with us and not against us.  It's the guys that troll in here, act like they're interested and then start to complain about something that they've read. Troy's had to boot a few of them and for good reason.
They're kind of like the illegal immigrants that are flooding the U.S.. They come in to the U.S. acting like they have something to add to our society and then proceed to complain about our government, don't work, use our welfare system and weaken our way of life as a whole. Everyone just buries their head in the sand and says that we can't do anything about it.
You don't see me posting over on the Mustang board (I'm assuming there is a Mustang board) because I don't have a Mustang, don't plan to buy or build a Mustang and I wouldn't have anything valuable to add.  I like Mustangs okay, but that's just not enough of a reason to join their group. 
This aero board is important to me and several others as well. We've learned to use it as a tool to educate each other about wing cars in general, real or clone. However, there are guys that just don't seem to have anything valuable to add and are just jumping in because they have nothing better to do. As long as they don't try to change things, that's okay. It's the guys that suddenly feel like they're a part of this group and proceed to cause problems that I have trouble accepting.

Geno, I don't seperate the real wingcar owners from the cloners. We're already seperated by default. I passed on my chance to buy that bird in 2000 and now, by my actions, I'm on the other side. Believe me I think about that mistake all of the time.

My basic point is...For you guys posting on this board, you're either with us or against us. If you're with us, welcome aboard, If you're against us, get the hell out. If this doesn't appy to you then that statement shouldn't bother you. If it does, then go ahead and start complaining. It's what some people do best.
Larry
hotrod98

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

QuoteI like having people who don't own the cars in this section 
:iagree:

my old wing car was a superbird, many ,many years ago. when i decided to build a daytona , i went on all the boards asking questions and learning . thats what it's all about and i didn't have a wing car .  learning from people that know more than you . it's no easy to build a daytona . i needed all the help i could . until i figured it all out. in my book the more the better . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Ghoste

Sorry to be the stupid guy, but I guess I'm not getting the "with us or against us".  Who is "us" and what are these goals that force a with or against choice?
I'm not trying to be sarcastic and if this is an example of flagrant posting or being against anyone, I guess I should apologize although I don't really understand the crime.
Is it just me, or is this thread spinning off into a discussion where you feel like you missed out on a whole bunch of behind the scenes information?

hotrod98

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1105;sa=showPosts

Go back and read some of these posts. Larry (daytonalo) loves to jerk people's chains. I just can't believe that people are so easily offended.
Reminds me of kindergarten. "Miss teacher...Larry called me a poopyhead" "Larry, don't do that or I'll have no other choice but to call your mother and not let you come back and play with the other children. They don't like being called poopyhead."  :'(

Charles Addams

Shakey

Quote from: hotrod98 on December 30, 2006, 02:43:27 PM
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1105;sa=showPosts

Go back and read some of these posts. Larry (daytonalo) loves to jerk people's chains. I just can't believe that people are so easily offended.
Reminds me of kindergarten. "Miss teacher...Larry called me a poopyhead" "Larry, don't do that or I'll have no other choice but to call your mother and not let you come back and play with the other children. They don't like being called poopyhead."  :'(

You hit the nail right on the head there Larry!   :smash:

When you say:

QuoteLarry (daytonalo) loves to jerk people's chains.

Isn't that just like a five year old kid in Kindergarten?   :scratchchin:

Now with regards to your suggestion to have others locked out of the aero section, how 'bout we have two seperate sections, one for the folks that actually own a real aero car and another one for the ones that wished they owned a real aero car.  That way the folks that want to discuss aero cars inteligently can do so undisturbed and the wanabes that are building clones, tribute cars or whatever they're called, can hurl insults at each others cars and laugh about it without concerning themselves with anyones feelings.  Good idea?   :shruggy:

Charger_Fan

Quote from: hotrod98 on December 29, 2006, 09:48:02 PM
Personally, I think that if you're not actively involved in the aero part of this hobby,that you should find another place to voice your opinion.
I mean come on... you're basically a troll.

Hey, that's Mister Troll to you.  :wave: :icon_smile_tongue:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

hotrod98

As I reread the posts in this topic, I realize that some people are reading something from my posts that just isn't there. Re-read the posts again...slowly.
I have no problem with people that are interested in the aero cars that get involved with this site. I'm glad that they share their interest in the hobby with us. Who knows, they may buy parts from me some day. I just don't like the...let's say...non-regulars that love to complain a little more than they like to talk about wing cars. This doesn't apply to a single person that I've seen posting on this topic if that makes anyone feel a little better.

As for wing car classifications, I guess I would fall somewhere in the middle. I have a 70 satellite to build my bird clone from and I have all of the parts to build it. I have the charger to build my daytona from and I have most of the parts to build it. But, I don't actually have a clone. Too busy working on other projects right now. I'm always thinking about selling a few of my cars and just biting the bullet and buying a real bird, but then I would have one car to drive instead of several. I think I'll just keep moving forward with the two clones.

Troy and mods...thanks for not locking this topic. I'm hoping that these guys will come to understand that I'm not trying to preclude anyone from getting involved in this site. In fact, I've brought in a couple of new members in the last couple of weeks.

Charles Addams

PocketThunder

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on December 30, 2006, 04:46:20 PM
Quote from: hotrod98 on December 29, 2006, 09:48:02 PM
Personally, I think that if you're not actively involved in the aero part of this hobby,that you should find another place to voice your opinion.
I mean come on... you're basically a troll.

Hey, that's Mister Troll to you.  :wave: :icon_smile_tongue:

Mister Douche-bag maybe......  ahahahaha  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Even though i own an aero car i dont know anymore than the "trolls" do and i'm on here every day looking to learn somthing new about them.  I'm 31 years of age.  And i do almost learn something new every day about Chargers when i'm on here,..... (durring my lunch hour ofcourse :icon_smile_wink:)

Paul
in St. Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: BigBlockSam on December 29, 2006, 10:57:26 PM
QuoteWell said Troy.

i see all your moderaters are lining up with ya Troy . thats cool , there your boys . I've only met one mod , at the whiskey cafe, he wasn't very friendly . even after i went out of my way to be nice , so f--him . he won't get that respect next time i meet him.
i think if a man comes up to you and tells you, hey i f-ed up and hasn't tried to sneak on under a differant computor or name or some thing . maybe he deserves a chance . Rene
Whoa there bud....where'd this come from?  F--- Me?  Respect?  Where do you come off?

I think I extended full courtesy to you when you pretty rudely barged into a conversation I was having with some friends......shook hands, nice to meet you, chatted with you a bit, shook hands again, nice to meet you again, waved good-bye :wave:

What more did you want?  Dinner?

Dont bother looking for me next time Rene

PS---I'm the unnamed mod who's generally liked by all....some say I'm too nice.....except my wife who nicknamed me Mr. Grinch :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Chris G.

Quote from: BigBlockSam on December 29, 2006, 10:57:26 PM
I've only met one mod , at the whiskey cafe, he wasn't very friendly . even after i went out of my way to be nice , so f--him . he won't get that respect next time i meet him.
Rene

You are WAY off Rene. I was there that night as well, and you came up and busted in to a 4 person conversation and demanded to know who owned the '69 Charger. No "hello", no "excuse me", just a wanna be tough guy entrance. I remember Chris talking to you, and I thought he was very nice to you. I also had another experience with you at the Whiskey. You pulled in with a primered '68 Charger, stopped in the middle of the road and asked my buddy if you could climb into his backseat to see the package tray in his Daytona. You also weren't very polite that day either.

I think you are a nice guy, but YOU were the unfriendly one, not the other way around.

Brock Samson

OK since were all airing dirty laundry how come the HEMI guys think they're superior to the 440 guys who think they can lord it over the 383 guys.. who sneer at 400 boat anchor types (ya see where I'm goin with this?...)   :icon_smile_wink:
Yes Larry is a great craftsman who went waaaaaaaaay out of his way to call out some of us who were discussing the current NASCAR rules and upcoming bodystyles as "white trash", so, even though his judgments of other folks headlight motor fabrications might have some merit in a "IMO" sort of way,.. humble is not a word that can be included in his rational for yanking people's chains... his lack of tact and bloated opinion of his own dogma when in what otherwise might be considered a "discussion", can best be illustrated by his Anti-Union rants or even the going without a thermostat blather..  (sp?). imo...
So let him back on,..  it's fine with me, he's the ones who conducts his own behavior, so what if he likes to play rough with what he conciders the cupcakes,.. I'm not fragile.. nor am i a "knuckle dragger".. imo..  ;D
I'm somewhere in between...

Please Mojo,.. why do the Puerto Ricans think they are superior to Mexicans?.
('n for the record i didn't complain to the mods).

'69's Rule BTW!  :yesnod:

Howie

Damn! :popcrn: This is better than the soaps my wife watches on TV.

Charger_Fan

I wouldn't have thought that of Chris...I couldn't really guess who he was referring to before, but not Chris! Chris has always been one of the most level-headed guys on this forum 99.8% of the time...way more than I could have been, by a long shot. Rene, maybe you read the situation wrong? :shruggy:

Oh & PT... :moon: ...   :lol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

johntpr

I also will vouch for Chris.  He is a true gentleman who does nothing but good things for our hobby, and helps us all with this website.  I don't know why some many threads turn into personal attacks.

John

hemi68charger

Quote from: Brock Samson on December 31, 2006, 09:34:34 PM
  OK since were all airing dirty laundry how come the HEMI guys think they're superior to the 440 guys who think they can lord it over the 383 guys..

I guess I'm a perplexed person who not only looks down on myself, but others too? (I own both a real Hemi and 440 Charger R/T)... My New Year's resolution.... Treat 440 and Hemi people equally and look in the mirror without casting criticism to the 440-side of me..... Now, if only the winged-aero owners would treat us wingless-aero owners with some respect......  :icon_smile_big:

On a side note; SHUT UP !!!!!!!!!!!

GEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.......

OH, HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!!
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

69_500

Ah those darn wing car owners. OH wait they don't treat non wing car owners any differently as far as I can tell. I have many, many friends who have wing cars, and some have handfuls of them. They are all friendly to me, open their houses, call on the phone. Sit down and have dinner at shows. They are people too.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on January 01, 2007, 10:09:01 AM
Ah those darn wing car owners. OH wait they don't treat non wing car owners any differently as far as I can tell. I have many, many friends who have wing cars, and some have handfuls of them. They are all friendly to me, open their houses, call on the phone. Sit down and have dinner at shows. They are people too.

"softly", Pisssss, hey, Danny........ I was kidding buddy....   ;D

I know a few wing guys and they're top-notch; Jim, Geno, Steve, John, Brian, Ed-squared, Pete, and a slew of others...
Troy

Troy

Geez, I go away for a few days and look where this went...  :ahum:

The Aero section was deemed necessary because we had a LOT of topics about wing cars and clones scattered around the site. We have many members who have years of experience and/or extensive knowledge regarding these cars and we needed a place to organize it. It was NOT an effort to separate people into little cliques (that's the absolute last thing that I would do on the site). I cannot and will not treat people differently because the site as a whole is the community and people need to find a way get along.

In the past (and this last year especially) I've had the opportunity to meet a bunch of wing car owners and I never felt like I was out of place or looked down upon. Most were more than willing to share information and just gab about cars in general. By the same token, I've also had the opportunity to meet almost 200 members of this site in person and I have enjoyed every chance. I've spoken to many more on the phone (even Daytonalo) and haven't had any bad experiences. Overall I think we have a great group here but I also think it's all too easy for one person or one event to drive a wedge into that. (I've seen evidence of this rather recently as a reminder.) This site is here for the members so whatever keeps them happy is the direction that it will follow. I don't have the time to write my entire plan or motivation out for everyone but I'd hope that I've earned at least a little bit of trust by now. I also hope that everyone knows that they are more than welcome to provide their opinions or suggestions and that I do take them all seriously. To me, that's the only way to constantly improve.

:cheers:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

hotrod98

Troy,
I missed the part where someone wanted to "separate people into little cliques". I'll re-read the thread again and try to find that part. It sure as hell wasn't me.
The only thing that I want seperated is the people that have nothing positive to add to this forum. They have the right to post all they want until they cross that line. Sometimes, I think that the guys that complain are the real problem. :Twocents:
Larry

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

QuoteDont bother looking for me next time Rene 

don't worry pal, i won't be looking for you next time . sorry i rudely interupted your conversation .i was just excited to meet someone from the board . i think your post shows your full of yourself  attitude well enough . you don't gotta be nice to me but i was to you, i guarantee you that won't happen again . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

BigBlockSam

QuoteYou are WAY off Rene. I was there that night as well, and you came up and busted in to a 4 person conversation and demanded to know who owned the '69 Charger. No "hello", no "excuse me", just a wanna be tough guy entrance. I remember Chris talking to you, and I thought he was very nice to you. I also had another experience with you at the Whiskey. You pulled in with a primered '68 Charger, stopped in the middle of the road and asked my buddy if you could climb into his backseat to see the package tray in his Daytona. You also weren't very polite that day either.

I think you are a nice guy, but YOU were the unfriendly one, not the other way around.

are you kidding me , i said howdy and put my hand out , in a friendly gesture . i'm sorry  i scared you guys . i know i'm a big guy but don't worry i was only being friendly . i was excited to see someone from the board so yes if i intrupted you guys i'm sorry . i had a friend with me with his 66 charger . after our conversation he remarked to me , those guys wern't very friendly . i told him i was surprized too.

well , i was in a hurry that day with the daytona, i think i said that to you and your friend . i thanked your friend 2 or 3 times for letting me take some pics  and he seemed to be ok with it. i was only there for a minute or so,thats why i stopped in the road with my primer charger i was late to meet some friends .  and i didn't climb into his back seat. i respectfully moved the back of his front seat and leaned in and took pics. i respect other peoples machines .  i'm sorry you felt that way . as i said before . i was being friendly. that won't happen again. Rene