News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Talladega restoration pictures

Started by jonw29, December 26, 2006, 11:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pettybird

just one ;)

if you're going to play the 'every color' card, them wing things get kinda complicated...

Ghoste

Of course, that all depends on how much you love Mercury's.  ;D

moparstuart

Quote from: Ghoste on December 27, 2007, 01:55:26 AM
Of course, that all depends on how much you love Mercury's.  ;D
not so crazy bout a mercury  LOL
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

pettybird

psh i'd take them both in a heartbeat, and a couple cougars too.

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on December 27, 2007, 11:04:19 AM
psh i'd take them both in a heartbeat, and a couple cougars too.
ok  go get them  ,i'll take your mopar no problem give you plenty of room for the new cars .

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69_500

Well you gotta admit though having one of every one of the aero cars and all of them being the same color would be a pretty cool line up to have in the garage.

pettybird

If you really like white cars ;)

I do, though...I love white on wing cars, and that's my favorite 'dega color.

69_500

Well I actually prefer Blue or Red to white, but that is just me. But I get what your saying as all of the Cyclone Spoilers are white with either red or blue graphics.

pettybird

i'll let ya slide and pick the red or blue mopars then, i suppose.  we'll call the graphics 'paint.'

69_500

:2thumbs:

It was a close one then, sliding in under the buzzer like that.

A side note here though, to me if your including the aero cars as a package and trying for the whole package, I would include the 69 Boss 429 Mustangs as its the only one actually containing the engine they all used in nascar. ??????? Or were some teams still using the 67 SOHC in 69 and 70?

learical1

Quote from: 69_500 on December 29, 2007, 08:52:48 AM
I would include the 69 Boss 429 Mustangs as its the only one actually containing the engine they all used in nascar. ??????? Or were some teams still using the 67 SOHC in 69 and 70?

The Boss 429 wasn't approved for NASCAR until March or April of 1969, so before that, the Fords were still running the 427 tunnelport motor.  Ford wasn't happy about NASCAR withholding the 429's approval, so prior to it's approval, the Talladegas said 'Torino Cobra' on the side instead of 'Torino Talladega.'  (The brand new Talladega race track was owned by Bill France, who owned and ran NASCAR.)  The Spoiler II and the 429 were both approved for the race at Atlanta, and Cale Y. won "out of the box".
Bruce

Ghoste

I don't think Ford was ever allowed to run the SOHC in anything but A/FX drag racing were they?

Aero426

As a side point, the earlier SOHC Ford engine Danny mentioned was intended for NASCAR, but was never legal for use in NASCAR.    The Tunnelport 427 was used up into 1969, and again starting in 1971 as restrictor plates came into play.    This was because it got a larger restritor plate opening than the Boss Nine.    Same thing happened for Chrysler as some teams gravitated back towards the old 426 Wedge. 

Ghoste

Ford never even got so much as to run it in a time trial did they?  Didn't France basically ban it outright the moment he caught wind of it?

hemigeno

And for good measure, Big Bill banned the DOHC Hemi that had barely made it off of Chrysler's drawing board (and certainly wasn't ever on a NASCAR/oval racetrack).   :rotz:

Ghoste

I thought Chrysler dropped it when they found it wouldn't be needed to counter the SOHC?

Charged

Okay, I was under the impression that "Aero Car's" was a nickname given to Superbirds & Daytonas. Makes sense now. It was a nickname given to any manufacturers car with a high intent for aerodynamic packaging. Carry on.

PS: Since being a member of this site since 2001...screw google. What do you think this site is created for? Its for information sharing. If you dont get that, then your missing the entire point. We ask questions here pops.

jonw29

My Talladega is going to paint next WED or THURS.YAHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.Now all that I have to do is reassemble it in time for the 09 Reunion.Jon Wood

Aero426

October of 2009 will come quickly.

jonw29

69_500

Yeah October of next year isn't that far away now. I started making plans on what all I needed to do to my car before the last meet down there in Talladega. 4 years later now, still haven't gotten it all done.

Ghoste

Is there a link to anything with more info on that meet?

jonw29

Ghoste.The club website is WWW.SUPERBIRDCLUB.COM.That is where the info will be.I don't think that it is on there yet.Thanks Jon Wood.

69_500

I don't recall hearing any additional information on the show. When new information comes up on it, I"m positive that Doug will make sure to post it though.

jonw29

Its finally in color.YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.One small step for man,one giant leap for me.