News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What type of shifter was used in 69 daytonas used in nascar?

Started by THE CHARGER PUNK, December 27, 2006, 05:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE CHARGER PUNK

Ghoste

I imagine Hurst was the unit of choice as they were almost the only game in town back then.  However, with it being the era when an independent could still run Daytona, I'm sure there were plenty of racers who were using whatever shifter was available.

Howie

The 71 daytona at the museum has the same shifter. While looking at you picture what is the steering wheel out of. It is not out of a 68 or 69 charger?

THE CHARGER PUNK

that pic is out of the #88 car, no nascar daytona or charger used a stock steering wheel, they were 2 spoke units which i suppose were home made by bending steel rods and putting foam on them and wrapping the crap out of it with black electrical tape-MATT

Rolling_Thunder

that is the exact same shifter that is in my boss's 1968 GTX...   hurst shifter for early B-bodies
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

wingcar builder

just about every wingcar that ran nascar had the hurst shifters. if you look on the pics of the cars most have the hurst decal on the fender mostly in front of the the wheel.

kab69440

You looking for one of these, Punk?
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

69_500

what is he going to put it in if he had it?

Sorry low blow I know.

kab69440

As if I care what he puts it in... As long as I get my eleventy billion dollars for it...
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

69_500

kab69440

I would, but the ball is missing, so I am forced to adjust the price accordingly...

WANT TO BUY:

Thank you,    Kenny