News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

i got my trunk drip rail for the daytona plug.

Started by BigBlockSam, December 27, 2006, 05:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

hey guys
I'm using a vega hatchback for the rear window plug . and hotrod98 turned me on to using a trunk drip rail from a 72 charger. i picked one up today. its not exact but with some adjustments i think it will work just fine. Rene

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

Rene,
You may have to add another piece to complete the steps so that they align with the side channel. Here's a fairly clear picture showing the steps needed. 

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

hotrod98

Rene,
I made a resin cast of the drip channel area of the dutchman panel of a 3rd gen charger and placed it on Howard's 69 charger drip channel area for comparison. It's going to be easier than I thought. One of the steps on the 3rd gen dutchman panel is longer in height than the same step on the 69. What you will need to do is cut the panel from one end to the other and overlap the two pieces with the forward piece over the rearward piece and then either spot weld or plug weld them together. You'll need to use seam sealer to prevent any moisture from wicking up between the two pieces which would cause leaks and eventually rust. In a couple of weeks, I'll cut the panel that Howard's bringing down from Tulsa and take a few pics. One step at a time my friend. We'll have these cars completed eventually.
Larry
hotrod98

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

Quotetake a few pics. One step at a time my friend

very cool , some pics would definitely help . one step at a time my friend.  :icon_smile_big:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img