News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can i turn on the the car safely when the dash is pulled out ?

Started by christianlarsen, December 27, 2006, 05:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

christianlarsen

Hi, im a total newbe and have a dodge charger from 1969.
i have just pulled out the dash (thnx to another article here!), so i can clean it up and also because i dont have instruments running (except speedometer), and i need to get the gauges up and running. Also i want to have the panel lights on.
Im wondering if i can turn on the electrics or even start the car when the cluster is out and disconnected ?...So i can test why the panel lightbulbs dont shine :)

Brgds
Christian

Ghoste

Take the two leads for the amp guage and tape them securely together.  Make CERTAIN there is no exposed metal at the leads to short out and disconnect the battery while you are playing around with them.  Hook it back up after you get them together.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Ghoste on December 27, 2006, 06:45:42 PM
Take the two leads for the amp guage and tape them securely together.  Make CERTAIN there is no exposed metal at the leads to short out and disconnect the battery while you are playing around with them.  Hook it back up after you get them together.
:iagree:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

christianlarsen

thnx alot guys! The engine fired up without problemos (w/ dash out..) :-)

brgds
Christian