News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Disc Brake Conversion Kits????????

Started by THE COLONEL, December 30, 2006, 07:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE COLONEL

OK.  I am getting ready to buy a set of Front Disc Conversion Brakes.  Now, here are two auctions on eBay, by the same seller, but one is a power brake kit, and the other is not.

NON-POWER

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mopar-B-C-E-body-disc-brake-conversion-kit-Cuda-Hemi_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34199QQihZ013QQitemZ230070783787QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

POWER

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mopar-B-C-E-body-Power-disc-brake-conversion-kit-69_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34199QQihZ013QQitemZ230070783831QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Now being that I already have the booster for my power brakes now, do I still need to buy the power brake setup, or can the Non-Power set just hook up to the booster I already have in The Colonel?  I don't want to buy the one with the booster, if I don't have to. :?   Also, has anyone ever bought a set from this seller, or anyone that you know of?  He seems reputable enough.
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

Chatt69chgr

The parts he is supplying appear to be for a small rotor disc setup which is perfectly fine for a Charger that isn't going to be raced or run hard.  I bet the spindles are F-body spindles since I wasn't aware that anyone had new 73-76 A-body spindles.  But they will work just fine.  The $419 setup should work fine with your power booster.  Drum boosters are normally single diaphram and disc were normally dual diaphram on the charger but lots of folks like the single diaphram better as they say the dual is too powerful.  Kind of academic since nobody has the correct dual diaphram booster available anymore, least ways, the Bendix unit.   You would need to change your master cylinder to a disc type.  Correct one is either a Cardone 101475 or a Cardone 101404 depending on whether you want the lines to come out of the engine side or the fender side.  You will have a distribution block now with switch to operate the "brake light failure" bulb.  Will need to buy the Mopar Performance adjustable proportioning valve and plumb in the line going to the rear wheels.  Will probably need to mount the calipers to the rear due to sway bar interference.  His price on the pieces seems pretty reasonable.  I have no experience with this seller.  Maybe someone else does.