News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Installing 73 Upper CAB bushings, Won't go in all the way

Started by WH23G3G, January 02, 2007, 01:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

I'm putting the upper control arms on my 73 Charger now with the K-member and body mount bushings in. I've got the support plate bolted down on the K-frame, and the alignment studs in the hole. I'm using Energy Suspension red control arm bushings and the original sleeves were kept in the upper control arm. I got one of the bushings to slide in just by hand. I greased the bushing and the shell in the control arm and it slid right in. The other one went in halfway and then I couldn't get it to go in or come out again. It was also greased the same way. There were no burrs or rough spots in the outer shells. I hammered with a lot of force with a rubber hammer and it went almost all the way in, but not totally. There's no way possible I'll be able to get it out. I'm wondering since the strut alignment bar just goes over the alignment studs, can't I get someone to torque down the nuts and it should squeeze that bushing in? Because I was just going to put it on loosely and continue putting all the other components on and tighten it all up when I dropped the car, but I want to make sure the bushing well get pressed in by torquing it down before I go any further.