News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

And on a lighter note... I had a wing car dream last night.

Started by Ghoste, January 02, 2007, 04:53:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Not that this thread has any profound relevance, but I had a dream last night that my sister was dating some knucklehead who bought a Daytona clone.  It was Plum Crazy in color and the thing that stood out the most and made me remember it when I woke up was that whoever had cloned the car, had rigged the uprights so that they had functioning rudders in them.  I can still picture them moving as he turned the front wheels of the car.  Imagine what that would do to your high speed handling.  Not good. :o

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

69_500

I have a dream all the time that I own a Daytona. Then I wake up every morning at 3:45 am, and realize its not true.

WINGMAN

Yes Danny     But sometimes dreams come true      It happened to me     :icon_smile_big:
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

BigBlockSam

i use to have dreams about a white superbird , but not lately
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

THE CHARGER PUNK

i had a dream awhile ago about a black with blue interior 1968 383 4-spd charger with an Inland shifter(most distinct part of my dream) that i stole from a cop station that was full of cop gear(cb radio,scanners,computer etc.) as  i rememeber the cops were tryin 2 chase me and i was cruising around slowly outside their building in 2nd waiting for my brother.-MATT

Magnumcharger

Quote from: 69_500 on January 02, 2007, 06:24:37 PM
I have a dream all the time that I own a Daytona. Then I wake up every morning at 3:45 am, and realize its not true.

I have that same dream....except I wake up with a pistol grip shifter in my hand.... :o
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

69_500

Ah yes, we all know that dreams come true for some people.

Gene had the dream come true, he has a Daytona as well.

One of these days I'll quit dreaming and have it truly happen as well.

hemigeno

Quote from: 69_500 on January 05, 2007, 10:23:35 PM
Gene had the dream come true, he has a Daytona as well.

Well, I suppose I did find and buy a project Daytona shortly before the market shot through the roof, but I am certainly not the only guy who has been lucky enough to own one, nor am I the last one.  Even my "affordable" project Daytona purchase will end up costing me an arm and a leg by the time it is all said and done - mostly due to my decision to do a concours resto.  At least when I get finished with mine, the market value will still exceed what I've put in it.  I can't say that about all my projects, unfortunately.  Perhaps things have a way of evening out over time, who knows.

To me, some of the more lucky people are those like your Dad, who owned several aero cars back when they were just considered neat old cars.  Even though I don't intend to lock mine away in a hermetically sealed tomb once it is completed, I seriously doubt it will get driven and enjoyed as much as the cars your family had when you were growing up.  THAT'S a dream which cannot come true (if for no other reason than the classic car insurance companies would never insure the car for its true market value if they knew I was going to use it as a daily driver).

Quote from: 69_500 on January 05, 2007, 10:23:35 PM
One of these days I'll quit dreaming and have it truly happen as well.

As determined and focused as you have been Danny, I know it will happen someday.

69_500

Hey speaking of classic car insurance companies.

I got a letter the other day saying that AON no longer is going to do classic cars, and they sold all their coverages of those vehicles off to another company. I had my 500 insured through AON which used to be K&K Insurance, who as we all know was a sponsor on a well known WING CAR back in 69.
Anyways they don't have a mileage limit on my 500 as far driving the car is concerned.

So there is hope to still drive the car and enjoy it Gene.

I do not think anyone will drive their wing car as much as my dad did when I was younger, the only one to still drive theirs a lot would be Rick Edwards. He drives his Superbird everywhere.

69bronzeT5

I had a dream sorta like that. but it was me going into this fenced yard and it was like a gravel driveway with chain link fences and in the fenced areas were 69's up on blocks but not rusty at all. there was a bunch of RTs and a 500. It was an awesome dream! :icon_smile_cool:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic