News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Yes, Aerophilia is a sickness

Started by hemigeno, January 03, 2007, 10:14:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XH29N0G

This is way before my time at DC.com

What a gem.  kids, cars, and aero.

Makes me feel good to see.  I have a son about the same age who always loved automotive aero and hopes to make that his profession.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

moparchris

Reminds me of when I used to teach an Engineering course in high school.  One of our first projects was designing a co2 powered drag car.  The kids had to design the car in 3-d modeling CAD and then build it to spec.  I then set up a racetrack in the room and we had a couple of days of "eliminations" for fun.  One time the kids asked me to build my own car so they could race the teacher.  I build a goofy version of the Sox & Martin 70 Cuda,
Painted it Red,White and Blue.  I think the teacher ended up winning the eliminations LOL!!
This also gave me a wonderful excuse to take the kids on a field trip to the Winternationals at Firebird Raceway. Then they could see the physics involved in real race cars.
This was when you could have fun being a teacher.