News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any info on this superbird

Started by THE CHARGER PUNK, January 05, 2007, 07:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE CHARGER PUNK

looks to have a moulded nose cone and smoothed over headlights,on the site it states it being tubbed and being a pro-street car, any1 know any info on it?

nascarxx29

Not sure if this is the one .But at the nats one year there was a yellow super pro street superbird replica.It was tubbed and all .The license plate had PROZAC on it
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

PocketThunder

Jeepers Punky you are the aero car picture finder extraordinair!  where do you get all this stuff? ;D
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69_500

Dave I'm with you, I think its the one that was at the Nats a few years back.

If I'm not mistaken wasn't that Bird for sale on Ebay just recently as well?

hotrod98

The only one that I remember at the nats and on Brice road was the yellow pro street car.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

THE CHARGER PUNK

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 05, 2007, 10:26:24 PM
Jeepers Punky you are the aero car picture finder extraordinair! where do you get all this stuff? ;D

i have a nack for finding pictures, if i want to see it bad enough i somehow find a picture of it :icon_smile_big:

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: hotrod98 on January 05, 2007, 10:39:19 PM
The only one that I remember at the nats and on Brice road was the yellow pro street car.

I saw that car at the Nationals a few years ago-did you notice it's got a '70 Charger hood on it?  Looks better than the stock chopped-off coronet hood to me...

hotrod98

The only thing that I didn't care for was the pro street tubs and wide steamroller tires. I talked to the owner for quite a while about how he built the car, but don't remember much of the conversation now. I do remember how good that hood looked though.  I think my 70 coronet R/T hood will look even better.

Charles Addams

Daytona R/T SE

69_500

That would be the same one I was thinking of. I'm just guessing that its the same Superbird. I know the top one appears to be a different color, but I'm guessing it is due to the camera and lighting, mixed with the white balance of the camera being used.

hotrod98

What about the blackouts on the nose? Added later maybe?

Charles Addams

THE CHARGER PUNK

crazy how the 70 charger hood center line matches up with the bird nose center line? guess it was just made 2 be, also alot easier to put on and just cover it with an air grabber bulge skin like kab did-MATT

70charger_boy

Isn't that Mike's daytona from dayclona enterprises?

hotrod98

As far as I know, all of Mike's cars have working headlamps.

Maybe it's this one from Texas.

Charles Addams

FastbackJon

"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

hotrod98

Quote from: FastbackJon on January 07, 2007, 12:17:17 AM
How about this one?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=g0KLincOq4I&mode=related&search=

I don't think that car would be idling down Brice road or any other road for that matter.

Charles Addams

ds440

Here are some pics that I took on Brice road.

These are from either '98 or '99.  I never talked to the guy, nor have any info - just additional pics. ;)
1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

hotrod98

I think that the mystery's solved. They're the same car. The color has to be off on the first pic. He must have added the headlamp blackouts later on.

Charles Addams

69_500

I'll have to agree. I thought I had some photo's of the car as well but can't seem to find them.

THE CHARGER PUNK

personally i think superbirds looks better without the headlight black outs, just add the superbird decal on the drivers side headlight bucket and leave it that way-MATT