News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

just for fun.....

Started by wingcar builder, January 10, 2007, 11:50:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingcar builder

wouldn't it be great to have this backed out of your garage?

wingcar builder

and you need a K&K Dodge too......... ;)

Magnumcharger

It'd be even more fun ...if they weren't so small.... :icon_smile_cool:
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

THE CHARGER PUNK

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

wingcar builder

sorry but these are not diecast. these are cars i've built over the years. they are 1/25 scale models built from scratch. many hours and many parts boxes and resin parts i mastered my self.

daytonalo

probably more work than a real one ! Looks awesome

hotrod98

Quote from: daytonalo on January 11, 2007, 01:33:54 PM
probably more work than a real one ! Looks awesome

I agree. People underestimate the time and talent it takes to build the resin cars. These look perfect.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

hemigeno

Doug (wingcar builder) has done a phenomenal job with recreating the details of these cars.  A lot of the fab work he does from scratch... :o

There is a REALLY nicely detailed thread about a Race Daytona model fabrication project on this thread:

Wingcar Building Seminar

Doug Schellinger (not the same Doug) has posted some links to that forum before, but there is a TON of good Nascar/USAC racing information from my all-time favorite period of oval track racing.

wingcar builder

Gene, Thanks for posting this. as you will notice i tried to keep it simple for builders of all levels of skills. i'm currently working on a book on modeling the Nichels Chassis. this project is going to be 100% accurate. for Terry Nichels has offered me access to Ray Nichels' archives. in the seminar i use the amt chassis to work with to keep it simple for model builders.but as you know or if you didn't, the only thing they really used on the real wingcars is some sheet metal. the whole chassis and everything was fabricated. the book will be loaded with pics never seen before and we'll build a car as we go.and as was mentioned in another thread i'll show panel attachment I.E. the nose cone to the fenders and attaching the other panels. so stay tuned. thanks for your interest ........Wingcarbuilder

4cruzin

Great looking car!  Nice job on the details!  Definitely looks like it would be a great deal of work . . .
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .