News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DAYTONA PACKAGE TRAY

Started by daytonalo, January 12, 2007, 12:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonalo

IF SOMEONE COULD POST A FEW PICS OF PACKAGE TRAY ,AND REAR WINDOW INSIDE INSIDE TRIM , i WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED . I'M NOT SURE WHAT TO DO IN THE AREA OF WHERE THE PLUG MEETS THE PACKAGE TRAY . THANK YOU , LARRY O

hemigeno

Larry, were you looking for pictures of "done" cars, or pictures without the trim and/or headliner installed?  I can help out with the latter, but not the former.

Some of these pictures were posted before, so it may take me a couple of minutes to get them all posted.

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

daytonalo

THANKS GUY'S , IT APPEARS TO ME THAT THE PACKAGE TRAY DOES NOT LAY FLAT .  IT SEEMS IT SLOPS DOWN IN THE SPEAKER AREA AND RAMPS UP IN THE REAR , IS THAT A SAFE ASSUMPTION ?   LARRY O

hotrod98

Larry, The package tray slopes up to go over the factory back glass channel since it's left in place. When I first started studying the daytonas, I was surprised to see that they left the factory channel in place. I always assumed that they were cut out.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

daytonalo

THAT SAID , THE PACKAGE TRAY MUST HAVE AIR SPACE BETWEEN SHELF AND TRAY ?

hemigeno

Quote from: daytonalo on January 12, 2007, 03:39:42 PM
THAT SAID , THE PACKAGE TRAY MUST HAVE AIR SPACE BETWEEN SHELF AND TRAY ?

:yesnod:

BigBlockSam

the angle of a real daytona's  tray is differant then if you use the vega hatch . the first one is a real daytona and the second is a clone. Rene

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

daytonalo

Besides the trim , they look pretty close ?

daytonalo

Looks like the package tray sits on a ledge attached to that filler panel , is that the case

hemigeno

Yep, you got it - the tray is just sorta wedged or sitting in place.

daytonalo

What type of material is used in the center under back window, the black stuff under window

BigBlockSam

i've seen people glue wood to the hatch then screw the tray to it. it looked real good too. i think i will make it out of steel instead . Rene

daytonalo

Rene , thanks for the photos . I  bought a set of rear window int trim , to make the installation look stock , including the lower corner dog legs . As I was test fitting the trim and the corners wouldn't fit properly because the an orig daytona window on the lower corners are roughly @90 degrees , the Vega window is a little relaxed in that area . I took the stock corners and using a heat gun stretched out the dog leg , therefore the trim will look stock . The photo shows I stetched them to 5.5 inches , the stock one is 5 inches

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

PocketThunder

Quote from: hemi68charger on January 15, 2007, 12:13:13 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on January 12, 2007, 01:47:31 PM
:icon_smile_shy:

Paul, I knew I could count on you.........   ;D

Is that your car?  i was wondering where i saved that picture from years ago.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

daytonalo

NO , RENE POSTED THAT PIC , I JUST WANT THOSE OF YOU THAT ARE USING A VEGA PLUG THAT THE INSIDE TRIM CAN LOOK LIKE STOCK DAYTONA WITH A LITTLE TWEAKING .

hotrod98

Larry, Did you use the original sawtooth headliner retainers and did you weld them to the vega plug or did you screw them on?
Also, did you order the inside trim pieces from YearOne?  ???

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

daytonalo

Used the original , down the sides I bent them on a 90 and used self tapers . to get the teeth to follow upper corner I had to back cut in few places so that I could get proper radius . The top I had to weld on tabs to reach inner roof structure and used self tapers ,no screws on the bottom , had to fabrcate a shelf and a place for the plastic trim .  Cake walk for you !

hemi68charger

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 15, 2007, 02:10:53 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on January 15, 2007, 12:13:13 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on January 12, 2007, 01:47:31 PM
:icon_smile_shy:

Paul, I knew I could count on you.........   ;D

Is that your car?  i was wondering where i saved that picture from years ago.

Yeap, that's Dana...........   :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection