News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

K FRAME QUESTION, HAVING A BRAIN FART HERE.

Started by CHASWINGMAN2, January 13, 2007, 01:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHASWINGMAN2

I've got my 69 Road Runner up on the rack and just realized that it doesn't have a sway bar, yet the control arms have the perches on the outermost edges.  So I looked at the K Frame and I'm thinking I have a 70 K frame in the car and not a 69.  From what I can remember, the 69 sway bar mounts into the front edge and in 69 it mounts to two long flat plates that go between the webbing for the mounting bolts for the k frame itself, man that was a mouthfull.  Any help would be appreciated.   
Also there is a metal disc welded to the front of the K frame with a #12 stamped into it, any thoughts?
Charger nut first, parts maker/seller second.<br />Selling top quality Mopar Restoration parts, most are licensed.  Email me for more information.<br />Working on the web site, be patient.<br />68 383 SILVER CHARGER<br />69 318 SILVER CHARGER C5X GUTS<br />69 383 4SP ROAD RUNNER<br />72 DART SWINGER, HEMI ORANGE<br />73 DART SWINGER, WHITE/BLACK<br />93 RAMCHARGER CANYON SPORT<br />99 RAM 3500<br />72 DART PROJECT<br />ETC.

Daytona R/T SE

If it's got the disk welded to it, then it's a 70

CHASWINGMAN2

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on January 13, 2007, 01:28:49 PM
If it's got the disk welded to it, then it's a 70

could it be late 69 car.  I don't have the build date at all.  The fender tag is long gone, no build sheet, no nothing, which is a shame because it's a true 4 spd air grabber car.
Charger nut first, parts maker/seller second.<br />Selling top quality Mopar Restoration parts, most are licensed.  Email me for more information.<br />Working on the web site, be patient.<br />68 383 SILVER CHARGER<br />69 318 SILVER CHARGER C5X GUTS<br />69 383 4SP ROAD RUNNER<br />72 DART SWINGER, HEMI ORANGE<br />73 DART SWINGER, WHITE/BLACK<br />93 RAMCHARGER CANYON SPORT<br />99 RAM 3500<br />72 DART PROJECT<br />ETC.

Chryco Psycho

the 69 mounts to the fromt lip of thew k frame & the 70 goes through the center of the K frame with the strap across the side opening of the K