News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Accurate paint in Spray Bomb tip

Started by JimShine, January 21, 2007, 03:31:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimShine

Here is a tip for those needing accurate and hard to find paints in a spray can for painting small items or touchup. At Home Depot (and many mail order outlets) there is a unit by PreVal that allows you to mix a standard paint and spray it all with aerosol. This gives you the option to have paint mixed to a code and sprayed by aerosol. You mix the paints like usual in the jar and spray. They work very well and are not all that expensive. I did some single stage touchup with one as well as lacquer interior paint on a column and they worked great.

http://www.prevalspraygun.com/

Beer

Hi Jim! Great Tip! See ya this summer :) at the SS & Drag.
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

JimShine

Hey man! Glad I could help!

In regards to the show, I likely wont make it as I live in Indianapolis now. I will be up to visit here and there. Maybe we can hook up again when I am visiting. Glad I showed you the junkyard before I left. Now you can show it to other people (if you remember where it is).

RogerDodger

Quote from: JimShine on January 21, 2007, 03:31:11 AM
Here is a tip for those needing accurate and hard to find paints in a spray can for painting small items or touchup. At Home Depot (and many mail order outlets) there is a unit by PreVal that allows you to mix a standard paint and spray it all with aerosol. This gives you the option to have paint mixed to a code and sprayed by aerosol. You mix the paints like usual in the jar and spray. They work very well and are not all that expensive. I did some single stage touchup with one as well as lacquer interior paint on a column and they worked great.

http://www.prevalspraygun.com/

Works great too when your assembling and you realize you forgot to paint some bolts or hardware!