News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Look what I Found!!!!!! Updated Updated

Started by bookedbydano, January 20, 2007, 05:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerSG

Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

Drache

And DONT admit being the one to leave all those foot prints in the snow around the car! They might shoot first and tell you no afterwards!  :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

andy74

keep us posted,that looks like an awesome ride

hemi-hampton

The Roadrunner never came with a 440 4bbl. The only time the Roadrunner did come with the 440 4bbl is in 1972-74 when it had the added GTX option to it. Since the 383 was standard on Roadrunner & 440 Standard on GTX, when the 2 were combined in 72 due to the demise of the GTX as it's own model (& now a added option to survive) this would be the only possibility. If 5th digit is indeed a U for 440 then I'd guess 6th digit a 2 for 72. If not 5th digit should be a N for 383. Hope this helps? LEON.

jasonfromIKILLYA

wow, that looks like it's in too good of shape to have been out there that long!  Best of luck getting it.  I've never had luck with cars in yards. 
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

Bones68charger

bookedbydano is that car  down near Broken Bow?

tan top

looks good  from the picture  :yesnod:  whats the  fith  digit  say ( letter )  on the vin  :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Mr_fixit

Looks like it's someone's car and doesn't need saving.

bookedbydano

Okay, I decided to go over to the house and see if he/she  would sell.  I went to the bank and got 3 thousand dollars worth of $100 bills.  I wasn't going to beat around the bush so this is what I did.  I went to the door and a guy answered.  I said...Hi sorry to bother you but I would like to buy the car in your back yard......I handed him the money and I said....this is all I had.  He counted it and said Sold!!!!!!!!I couldn't believe it.  He invited me in to sign the title and a bill of sale slip.  Come to find out he is in a middle of a divorce and needed to sell so his wife didn't get part of it.....I guess timing is everything...LOL.  I started to ask about the car.  He said it was his wife's dads car that was given to them when he passed away.  He admitted he really wasn't a car guy.  He said the car at one time did have some front end damage that was repaired... the fenders, grill and the hood.  He said the hood is different than the one it came with and that the original hood and fenders where in the barn out back...we bs for a while and I asked if I could see the stuff in the barn, mind you I haven't even really checked the car out yet.  Well we walked out to the barn and he opened it up and what I saw made my heart about stop.  On the fender above the side marker was 440-6 and the hood was a air grabber style...I couldn't believe it, I however acted dumb....we went to look at the car.  I went straight for the hood.   We opened it up and there it was the Scat Pack 440-6 pack...He said It hasn't been driven for a couple of years.  I looked underneath and it does have the dana rear-end.  I jotted the Vin and fender tag and said thank-you....Oh he also said the car had been painted at one time.... I have to tell you guys this car is in great shape, this might be a diamond if all the numbers are right.  I am going to the court house on Monday to get the title changed ASAP, just in case the wife finds out...thank god she is not on the title.  The title says 1971 and I know for sure it is a road runner.  Guys is this a rare car for the year???  I have to do some research on the vin and fender tag and let you all know if it is what I think it is.  Pictures will be coming after ViN numbers a comfermed and title changed....please be patient...my first child is suppose to be born anytime...I will get them as soon as I can.  I am still amazed.........Oh he told me that he was impressed with my forwardness and not beating around the bush, not to mention all those 100 dollar bills........As I tell everyone money talks and timing is everything...Oh some luck doesn't hurt either.

Ghoste

SOME luck????  Man, that is just an amazing find.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

bull

Awesome! Wow, great end to the story and a great find. I hope you get her home soon and enjoy her immensely. Right place at the right time I guess. It was meant to be.

mikesbbody

WOW!!!!! i was hoping you would get that car! good for you bookedbydano  :2thumbs:

69bronzeT5

Wow. I just did a NADA price check on it.

71 Roadrunner 440 6pack auto
   Low     Average    High 
$22,995 $44,835  $81,795 

71 Roadrunner 440 6pack 4spd
  Low      Average   High
$24,090 $46,970  $85,690
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Charger1973

That sounds like an awesome score!   :o  I guess I was right when I said it was worth looking into.   :icon_smile_cool:

Hope to see some more pics of it soon.  You are going to bring home the old body panels, right? 

Bandit4142

That is truely awesome!   Congrats on the incredible find, and BUY!   
1969 Charger - 383 mag auto - Sold and sorely missed.
1970 Charger R/T - 440 mag - sold
1969 Super Bee - 383 mag auto - sold
1969 Cornet R/T - 383 mag 4 spd - sold

mikepmcs

Awesome!!!
Another peice of mopar history is saved.  Kudos to the gentleman who sold it as well.

Congratulations :2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

nh_mopar_fan

How can you beat that timng?

Must be clean living.

Congrats, that is an awesome score.

RT

This story reminds me of a car that I found once..........then I woke up!!!

Great find!!

More pictures please.

Ralph

TruckDriver

Quote from: dads_69 on February 04, 2007, 12:40:52 AM
Right on Dan. That is just awesome!!!! I can tell you, if thats a '71 440 6 Pak car, its rare. My buddy has won, I'll see if he can join on here and give up some more info. also. How cool is that, his X old lady is getting the shaft on top of it, hahahaha. Score one for the guys side of the deal in the end!
Mark  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  :drive:
:o :o :o :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :o :o :o

:cheers: on getting the car. I'm jelous big time. '71/'72 Roadrunners are my second favorite Mopars
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

hemi68charger

WELL !!!!!!   Is it a v-code !!!???

Man oh man !!!!  That's a GREAT freakin' story !!!!!  Good for you.... I hope this 'runner sees the light of driving-day again with a true-mopar enthusiast..

Troy

MORE PICS !!!!!
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

rt green

oh my god...........................do you realise  what you just scored???????????????? did you have to change your pants?  could you sleep last nite?  is it an auto? is it a 4 speed? holy shit!!!  i'm excited and i'm a number of states away!!! if we lived close, you'd be my pal, even if you beat the crap out of me  NICE SCORE!!!!!!
third string oil changer

Bandit72

lucky b*stard.....lol j/k, awesome score  :2thumbs:
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

Just 6T9 CHGR

Wow!   Chalk one up for the little guy! :thumbs:   

Great score man.  Fill us in on the details when you can.

PS---congrads to you & the misses on the new addition :cheers:  (baby.....not the car ;) )
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Hemidoug

Sounds like a great deal. As I was going through this post from the start I was going to say that if it was an original 440 car chances were that it was a 6 pack. Not very many 440 4bbl Roadrunners out there. If you wanted a 4bbl, GTX was the way to go. Anyway, glad you found it and I hope you do something with it and resist the urge to flip it. I would be a little leary of the current situation (ie sold his soon to be exwife's fathers car.....) but as long as the title was in his name all should be legal. Good luck with it! Keep us informed of it's progress!
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

mikepmcs

Oh yeah exactly, if the title has both the names on it, or her father's name on it, it could get tricky.  I had a problem in maine with that same thing on a toyota tercel junker i bought.  It was in his wifes and her father's name cause it was her first car.  Husband sold it to me and the state let me register it.  1 month later I got a letter stating that it was no good and i had to get the father and her to sign a bill of sale as well.
I'm not trying to rain on this because this is an awesome deal, I just wanted to throw that in there. I hope Nebraska's rules are less stringent for sure.  If nothing else and it comes down to that, just convince the guy to tell his soon to be ex that the car wasn't worth $3000 and maybe she will go for it.  Heck, he's gotta give half anyways, right??
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?