News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Look what I Found!!!!!! Updated Updated

Started by bookedbydano, January 20, 2007, 05:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

Hurry up & get that baby home!! :o
Congrats to you, that's just too cool! :thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

hemi-hampton

Great score considering only 246 total made. :o 137 4 speeds & 109 Automatics. The very first thing I would have done was looked at the VIN's 5th# long before that.  LEON.

Brock Samson

i paid 14 for my all original 340 '71...
you lucky so and so..  :yesnod:

Mean 318

I am so happy to here that a car that rare gt saved and that it went to a good guy like yourself! Also Congrats DAD!o ;D

Silver R/T

Super Score! you got a great deal man, congrats
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

dkn1997

If you have not done it yet, get it out of there!!! even if you have to pay a flatbed to hoist it up for you.  and be at the dmv or courthouse or whatever monday when they open, heck, sleep out in a tent on the sidewalk if you have to.  last thing you need is for the wife to drive by and see it missing and put the kibash on the whole deal.  was the title in just his name? 
RECHRGED

Mean 318

If it were me, I would be sleeping in the car in front of the DMV!!!

BigBlockSam

Quotemoney talks and timing is everything...Oh some luck doesn't hurt either. 
:iagree:

did you bring the car home . do that as soon as possible . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

jasonfromIKILLYA

HOLY CHRIST!  well done man!!!!  go buy a frickin lottery ticket right now!! 
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

migsBIG

Good luck on that, hopefully trhe owner dosen't want to "restore it" and let it sit for another 30 years!

TruckDriver

Quote from: migsBIG on February 05, 2007, 03:13:46 AM
Good luck on that, hopefully trhe owner dosen't want to "restore it" and let it sit for another 30 years!

Didn't read the whole thread did you ::)   He got a steal/deal that's making most of us jelous. Even better then he thought it was.

BTW, This story could almost go into Mopar magazine in the rare finds section like Dick Landys car.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

red72chrgr

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on February 05, 2007, 12:33:06 PM
Quote from: migsBIG on February 05, 2007, 03:13:46 AM

Didn't read the whole thread did you ::)   He got a steal/deal that's making most of us jelous. Even better then he thought it was.
I agree with you Guy, he should let a mag know if what he has is rare.

BTW, This story could almost go into Mopar magazine in the rare finds section like Dick Landys car.
Nothing personal, just business

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on February 05, 2007, 12:33:06 PM
:iagree: But after he posts pics here first. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

bookedbydano

Hi everyone,  I want to thank everyone for the great comments.  On Monday morning my daughter was born at 12:30.  She was 7lb and 12oz.  She has got to be the most precious little thing I have everseen.  It makes everything else going on mean nothing.........The car is nice and safe at the farm in the shop next to the charger.  Two of my brothers went and picked it up for me.  I have got the title changed "no the wifes name was not on the title and there was no pending judgement by the divorce"...the car is legally mine.  From what my brothers say that it is a # matching 71 roadrunner 440-6.......man what luck what a great week it is so far....Well I need to get back to the hospital.....Once again thanks everyone for all the kind words it means a lot....I will keep you posted about the car!!!!!!

Charger1973

Awesome man, congrats on the car and the baby  :icon_smile_big:

Shakey

Quote from: bookedbydano on February 06, 2007, 11:33:05 AM
Hi everyone,  I want to thank everyone for the great comments.  On Monday morning my daughter was born at 12:30.  She was 7lb and 12oz.  She has got to be the most precious little thing I have everseen.  It makes everything else going on mean nothing.........The car is nice and safe at the farm in the shop next to the charger.  Two of my brothers went and picked it up for me.  I have got the title changed "no the wifes name was not on the title and there was no pending judgement by the divorce"...the car is legally mine.  From what my brothers say that it is a # matching 71 roadrunner 440-6.......man what luck what a great week it is so far....Well I need to get back to the hospital.....Once again thanks everyone for all the kind words it means a lot....I will keep you posted about the car!!!!!!

Congratulations on the baby and the car!   :cheers:

You are correct, what a week! 

Now post some pics of both the baby and the car when you can.   :yesnod:

There are a lot of naysayers over at Moparts saying this whole story is BS.  The car story that is, not the baby story.   ::)

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=3271021&an=0&page=0&gonew=1#UNREAD

Now, when you have a chance, put them in their place.   :yesnod:

TruckDriver

Quote from: Shakey on February 06, 2007, 11:49:50 AM
There are a lot of naysayers over at Moparts saying this whole story is BS.  The car story that is, not the baby story.   ::)

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=3271021&an=0&page=0&gonew=1#UNREAD

Now, when you have a chance, put them in their place.   :yesnod:

Ya ::) And the Dick Landy car was a farse too :rotz:

I like the board over there, but there's to many "know it all"s over there too.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

bookedbydano

That makes me laugh.....I don't know much about roadrunners so I wasn't even looking to see what the # were... I just like the style of car and thought it would be a good car to drive around I had know Idea it would turn out to be a 440-6 car...I wasn't interested in # when I looked at it for a brief 10 seconds to geat a photo.........I do know what a air grabber hood is and what 440-6 is and that is how I knew I might have found something special......I couldn't careless what others are saying, let them talk and be skeptics...All that is important to me is my Daughter, the Miss's and my family and friends.....not to mention my 71 roadrunner...they are all jealous and probably all tire kickers and that is why they can't find themselves a ride......All I got to say to them is that not everyone is a car guy ..buyer or seller....there are still great deals out there.....Don't always worry about numbers when you are looking...you might get lucky..........thanks to all my friends here!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I will have photos as soon as I can get to the farm......

Mean 318

PocketThunder

:o  Moparts guys are a hoot!  I like to lurk on there, but i dont post very often. 

Congrats on the baby girl dano!  we just had our little girl in October and she's almost 4 months old already!!  Dammit i'm getting old fast and time never seems to slow down does it? :-\
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

TruckDriver

Quote from: PocketThunder on February 06, 2007, 12:24:54 PM
:o  Moparts guys are a hoot!  I like to lurk on there, but i dont post very often. 

Same for me too. Although, I put in my two cents on that post :icon_smile_approve:

I personally dont care about numbers matching either when I first buy a car. If it IS a rare car, then I'll keep it that way, or at least all the numbers parts. My car was numbers matching when I got it, but it wont be when it is done and I could care less.
PETE

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Brock Samson

WOW!

I bet you got a grin the size of TEXAS!

:icon_smile_big:

Right On man,..  RIGHT ON!!! 

Skued

Congrats on the little girl!   :cheers: I have three year old and shes a Daddy's girl! :angel:

Steve
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

TheAutoArchaeologist

Yeah, damn those people on moparts who would like to see the proof, then just hear a story.

Congrats of the baby.

Ryan