News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Early '72 engine color?

Started by TruckDriver, September 03, 2005, 01:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

My charger was built at Lynch Road, and was built Dec.17th '71. Is it possable that the early built '72 Chargers still had the engine painted orange. The reason I ask is because my valve covers color is orange (the original ones) and don't appear to be repainted and the original 2bbl air cleaner color is black. I do have the original engine.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

mopar_madman

could be, I have heard that when some new models were made early on they got left overs from the previous year. Galen Govier articles in mopar collectors guide usually deals with thi stuff.
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

Drop Top

I've seen this happen many times. They would put in the earlier engines in until they where gone. Then start with the new ones. This also happened with anything else that came across the assembly line. I've seen it happen the other way around also. It was a mater of economics. Get rid of the old before using the new.

TruckDriver

The only problem is I have a 400. They didn't put them in til '72. Could it still be orange?
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

73rallye440magnum

did they use the same valve covers as 440s?
Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8