News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Correct power booster check valve? 69 B-body disc

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, January 26, 2007, 06:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: gtx6970 on January 29, 2007, 08:39:04 PM

Hmmmmmmm, power brakes this week, sounds like it's only a matter of time until the A/C is back on it .......

Oh geez...I certainly hope not..... :rotz:

You know what the problem is?  Im running out of things to do......maybe time for a new car :scratchchin:

NOT! :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

resq302

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on January 29, 2007, 09:05:50 PM
Quote from: gtx6970 on January 29, 2007, 08:39:04 PM

Hmmmmmmm, power brakes this week, sounds like it's only a matter of time until the A/C is back on it .......

Oh geez...I certainly hope not..... :rotz:

You know what the problem is?  Im running out of things to do......maybe time for a new car :scratchchin:

NOT! :thumbs:

You dont have to sell your car, just get another project   ;D
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

gtx6970

Ok,. I just ck'd the setup I have stashed away and there is NO gasket between the booster and master cyl. it Doesn't appear to have ever been apart. I've had this setup  for at least 10 years just stuck away in the shed.One of these days I'm either gonna use it or sell it

I did  find out Mine doesn't have the ck valve in it so I'll have to keep an eye out for one now.

8WHEELER

Quote from: gtx6970 on January 29, 2007, 09:21:27 PM
Ok,. I just ck'd the setup I have stashed away and there is NO gasket between the booster and master cyl. it Doesn't appear to have ever been apart. I've had this setup  for at least 10 years just stuck away in the shed.One of these days I'm either gonna use it or sell it

I did  find out Mine doesn't have the ck valve in it so I'll have to keep an eye out for one now.

:iagree:  no gasket between the two, Chris that is the same booster I put in my car last year. They told
me its correct for drum and disc brakes, one thing, I thought you had and liked your manual brakes?

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 8WHEELER on January 30, 2007, 12:39:01 AM

:iagree: no gasket between the two, Chris that is the same booster I put in my car last year. They told
me its correct for drum and disc brakes, one thing, I thought you had and liked your manual brakes?

Dan

I do & did Dan....like I said above, running out of things "to do" ;)
I thought it would be a nice addition though.  If I was going to do it, I wanted to do it right with all the "correct" stuff..... :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

resq302

Uh oh, does this mean that your aftermarket intake is coming out and a correct cast iron one is going in too? :scratchchin:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Shakey

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on January 30, 2007, 07:54:14 AM
Quote from: 8WHEELER on January 30, 2007, 12:39:01 AM

:iagree: no gasket between the two, Chris that is the same booster I put in my car last year. They told

Dan

I do & did Dan....like I said above, running out of things "to do" ;)
I thought it would be a nice addition though.  If I was going to do it, I wanted to do it right with all the "correct" stuff..... :thumbs:

So the hunt begins for the "correct" spindles and calipers and........ :pity:

resq302

Mike,

Those spindle assemblies would be "correct" for a 70 Charger. :pity:
Brian

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: resq302 on January 30, 2007, 08:42:17 AM
Uh oh, does this mean that your aftermarket intake is coming out and a correct cast iron one is going in too? :scratchchin:
Nope...that intake is worth at least 2 tenths at the track where I'm having more fun as of late....   :drive:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

resq302

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on January 30, 2007, 09:47:36 AM
Quote from: resq302 on January 30, 2007, 08:42:17 AM
Nope...that intake is worth at least 2 tenths at the track where I'm having more fun as of late....   :drive:

So I guess all that heavy A/C stuff is not going back in then either.   ;D
Brian

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Shakey

Quote from: resq302 on January 30, 2007, 08:58:37 AM
Mike,

Those spindle assemblies would be "correct" for a 70 Charger. :pity:

How can you tell the difference by looking at them?

resq302

on the 69's the caliper bolted directly to the spindle and did not use any adapter plate like in your picture.  Also, the backing plates were rounded and not squared off where they met the caliper area.
Brian

rare69

Chris, could you tell me where you got the cardone booster and part number. thats the last brake piece in my puzzle, cant seem to find one.

resq302

I asked Chris the same thing since they seem to be so hard to find, I was going to try and pick up on as a spare for me.  I went onto Rockauto.com to see if they even had any there.  No luck.  The only rebuild and restore yours that you send to them.  Supposedly they do repro the boosters but I have not seen what they look like.  The thing is once you find the booster, you still need to get the linkage for it.
Brian

rare69

i have the linkage and master cylinder just need the booster. and since my car was drum brake car not disc and i am using willwood front discs my booster wont work even if i had it restored.

Just 6T9 CHGR

The Cardone # is 54-73603.  It took me a month of searching online to see who had one.  Found one out in CA.
Spoke to a Cardone rep and she stated they havent had any in almost 2 years.   Im sure there is a few still floating around on a mom & pop auto parts store somewhere.

Check eBay as well....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

resq302

I just checked ebay.  No disc brake boosters on there.  new, reman'd or even used.   :rotz:
Brian

rare69

thanks Chris, the part number should help the search.

resq302

just found one by a seller by the name of Chgr69rt,  Chris you know who this guy is?  Seems like he is promoting your registry site as well   ;D   :icon_smile_big:
Brian

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Chatt69chgr

MBM Brakes out of Asheville, NC is supposed to be repoping the Bendix dual diaphram booster.  Their retail outlet is Pirate Jack I think---also in Asheville.  I believe you can google them up.  I've been checking with them since last April on the booster.  Not sure what the release date is now but last time I called it was supposed to be this spring.  They have really good stuff and I think that eventually they will have this part.  Maybe more folks ought to call them and talk to a sales guy and bug them.  Don't just talk to the nice lady that answers the phone.  They say they will tell the sales guy but you know thats bull.  I will say that every time I have talked to these guys they have been very curteous and as honest as they could be.  So be nice to them. 

Just 6T9 CHGR

I remember their website last year saying the same thing.....Available Spring of '06 :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

rare69

just talked to mbm and thay said should be out in a month. :yesnod:

resq302

Quote from: rare69 on February 01, 2007, 01:11:38 AM
just talked to mbm and thay said should be out in a month. :yesnod:

Is it one of those "the check is in the mail" deals or does this guy actually follow through?  Will the bell crank be included and what kind of price are they looking to get for it?
Brian