News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

help with fuel tank

Started by 1badbee, January 28, 2007, 12:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1badbee

I first want to express my sincere THANK YOU`s to all the KNOWLEDGABLE people here with their expertise in helping othere with our questions on this site..YOU ALL are a HUGE ASSET to the RESTORATION/MOPAR community!!
THANK YOU ALL!!!

Now I HOPE Im in the correct place for this..
I am restoring a 70 SuperBee and Now Im on to the fuel tank..I have a 383 with a 4-Gear backing her, and on the origional sending unit tube is only one line, I up-graded her to a 3/8" sending unit(and fuel line) ...On the after-market sending unit is a return line (which I do not need)..
So brings me to question 1:
How would I cap off the return line on the sending unit?? would I use a rubber nipple, or would I use a "check-valve" type of set up??
Question number 2:
On the fuel tank there is two nipples on the tank, and they were cut off at the nipples,and had rubber on them..
Where did these lead to?? In the origional trunk pan,there was NO holes to accodomate the "reverse plumbing trap" type set up..
So where would these two lines go to?? If I was to use the "reverse plumbing trap" type, would one go to the one side,and one to the other to the fuel tank nipples??
If I was to not go this route, woud thay run into the frame rales and have a "check-valve" type of set up there??
AND how would I secure this to the frame??

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

PM me here or e-mail me at doogie772007@yahoo.com

Again THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!!!
INCLUDING DODGE CHARGER FOR THE FREE POST!!!