News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

who bought???

Started by charge-it, January 28, 2007, 03:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charge-it

Who bought the two Superbirds from Maine? One was b-5 and the other was white. I talked to the former owner today and all he would tell me is they went to the midwest.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

charge-it

So far these two cars have been the best kept secret on the planet I guess.
Visit our new website:

mikepmcs

what 2 superbirds from maine?  are you talking like the original birds delivered back in the day or are you talking a sale that went down recently??  i'm curious?

v/r
Mike in Maine
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

charge-it

This was a fairly recent sale. I spoke to the owner of them last weekend and he confirmed the sale. All he would tell me is that the cars went to the midwest.
Visit our new website:

hotrod98

We discussed the sale of two birds a few weeks ago. Probably the same cars. The guy won't say much about the sale.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,22600.0.html

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

mikepmcs

Ok i read the whole thread and even over on whatever forum i was linked to from the other thread.  Where in there does it say these cars came from Maine.  If i missed it then i apologize.  I'm just curious cause I live here.

Jim Shine once told me that there is a guy near oxford maine (i think he said oxford) That has I believe a Superbird that is Yellow(Jim will help me out if he sees this post)

Also, get this, I live in Readfield Maine and supposedly there is a guy like 4 miles from me that owns more than one but he keeps them tucked away hidden from the world.  He supposedly has other Mopars as well hidden away.  I do not know him but people I know around here do and say it's for real.  I've been down the road they say he lives on at least 1000 times in the 11 years i've lived here and have never seen one mopar let alone a bird..  I have one good friend that knows him pretty well and eventually i'm gonna pop the question and see if I can see his collection.  I have no idea what's there and what condition they are in.  I think the guys name is Steve Thumb.

I guess the reason i'm asking is because that Harry guys last name started with a T on the other site and wonder if he's related and these cars were sold right down the street from me.

Anyways, just thought i'd try to get some info on why or how you guys know these cars came from Maine.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

hotrod98

The guy that owned the two that sold recently, Harry T mentioned that his shop was blown away in Hurricane Hugo. That storm hit the Carolinas but tracked up through Maine as a tropical depression. Still not sure if this is the guy that you're talking about.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

JimShine

Wow! Its hard to say. I always heard rumors of Birds in Maine, but only ever saw a yellow Hemi Bird near Freeport that is fully restored.

There was a rumour a guy once lived in the Oxford/Fryeburg area that had 2 of them in a barn. I heard this from atleast 3 people, but the specs of the cars always changed (colors, engines, etc), but they always were in the same area and in a barn.