News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Interior Color Codes - Do they exist?

Started by BronzeOnSteelies, January 28, 2007, 08:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BronzeOnSteelies

Is there such a thing as a color code for interior colors. My 68 has a white interior and Legendary calls it Pearl White.

SEH said they could match it if I gave them a 2" x 2" swatch of the color but anything I have to take a sample that size off of is old and crappy.

My buddy dyed several items on his tan 69 Charger interior and they look great and match well with the legendary seat covers he bought.
My goal is to do the same and save some bucks.

:shruggy:

Mark
68 MM1 (Turbine Bronze) R/T

UFO

There is  All you need to do is find someone with a 68 color and uphol. book.Inside is swathes.

Charger-Bodie

the codes are in the service manual too atleast some years of it ....... but any way if it helps you any the sikkens color map number is 494c3 i made the interior in my roadrunner clone convert peal white but just so you know the painted parts on a pearl white interior are not pearl its just a white thats close
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

BronzeOnSteelies

Quote from: 1hot68 on January 28, 2007, 10:58:53 PM
the codes are in the service manual too at least some years of it ....... but any way if it helps you any the sikkens color map number is 494c3 i made the interior in my roadrunner clone convert peal white but just so you know the painted parts on a pearl white interior are not pearl its just a white thats close

1hot, the upper and lower door panels are what I am interested in dyeing. My buddy gave me some tan lowers that are better than mine.
They would be pearl white correct?

Also what is a "sikkens color map" and the 494c3 number you stated. I am not familiar with the terminology at all.

AKcharger

I have the same problem with '70 Burnt Orange. I could never find a code for SEM to match and Mopaints was AWFUL, more brown then burnt orange (although their 2003 lot was a good match?)

Standing by for #s

mikepmcs

i'm a little late, does this help anyone here?

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: BronzeOnSteelies on April 03, 2007, 09:32:05 PM
Quote from: 1hot68 on January 28, 2007, 10:58:53 PM
the codes are in the service manual too at least some years of it ....... but any way if it helps you any the sikkens color map number is 494c3 i made the interior in my roadrunner clone convert peal white but just so you know the painted parts on a pearl white interior are not pearl its just a white thats close

1hot, the upper and lower door panels are what I am interested in dyeing. My buddy gave me some tan lowers that are better than mine.
They would be pearl white correct?

Also what is a "sikkens color map" and the 494c3 number you stated. I am not familiar with the terminology at all.

if you kens paint they will have a book that has all there colors from 1 end of the spectrum to the other instead of flipping thru charts for the best match it is a very helpful tool
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

BronzeOnSteelies

Thanks 1hot I get it now. I did not know Sikkens was a brand of paint.       :thumbs:

gtx6970

Interior paint codes are in the factory service manuals.
Also , 1969 color cosed are different from 1968's

soft trim in a 68 is pearl. 69 is simply  white

Recharger

I've got a 68 manual here, but I don't see anything called Pearl White.   ???   Under "Low Gloss Finish colors" they list something called Dawn White, could that be it?  Anyone know if they've changed the name over the years?  The Ditzler code listed for Eawn White is 8671 (Chrysler code DAB5W3.)  Hope that helps.   I don't have anything for 70's, sorry AKCharger.