News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

source for quarter panels for 3rd gen charger

Started by 1958300, January 31, 2007, 04:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anybody know where I can buy new quarter panels for a 1972 Charger? Year One doesn't list them in their catalog, and AutoBody Specialties says the ones they have are hand formed and not very good. Apparently Goodmark has abandoned any work they had in progress for the 3rd gen chargers, so I am looking for another source. Any help would be appreciated.
pwlynn@att.net
1972 Charger Rallye coupe auto 440 N96, GY9 (1 of 28)
1990 Dakota convertible

jasonfromIKILLYA

holy crap.  that took me a long time.  Here they are: http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/charger.html

Paddack used to sell them, but I guess not anymore.  Damn that was hard to find!  I need to buy one before these dissapear too!
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

41husk

I could use some bottom wheel well quarters, probably need to dig up a doner or bondo buggy it, until repo parts are available.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

ACUDANUT

Chances are, they will never made unless some multi-millionaire has a desire to fund the project. Hey, let's all send Goodmark Ind. continious e-mails begging them to help us out. NOW, THAT'S A IDEA.

73chargers4404

I had a post on this yesterday bitching about the same thing its on page 2 in general diss.you guys saved my ass and alot of money i allmost ordered a quarter panel off ebay ,but before i did i asked the guy if they where hand formed with a machine or stamped ,and someone said on here that the hand formed ones sucked.and guess what sfter 3 times asking him he said they where hand formed ,heres a link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/QUARTER-PANEL-DODGE-CHARGER-1973-74-NEW_W0QQitemZ140081139122QQihZ004QQcategoryZ42611QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

twilt

You wouldn`t have been the first sucker to buy them.  I honestly dont understand  :shruggy:  how anyone could look at that and possibly think it was a quality or for that matter........ usable product. 

Charger1973

73chargers4404

the paint or coating on it looks allmost like the one i bought last year that was stamped .but it dont look as round.and i was wondering why i couldnt see the indention for the side marker in the picture he probley couldnt reproduce it so he took as dark picture of that section.

73chargers4404

you start to lose hope in finding one and suddenly this peice of shit starts to look good and then a moment of cleardy and u realize that might as will flush your money in the toilet if u buy it.i have tied to buy the left side 3 damn times now i have the money get tired and spend it on other parts then save up again3rd time now, its a bad very cruel cycle.

AKcharger

What exactly is a "hand-formed" 1/4 panel? Like some one used a hammer and dolly to form it?

jasonfromIKILLYA

I know I'm new here and it's easy to miss my posts, but if you check the link I put up, and scroll down the page you will find new steel panels.
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

twilt

Quote from: jasonfromIKILLYA on February 02, 2007, 05:44:31 PM
I know I'm new here and it's easy to miss my posts, but if you check the link I put up, and scroll down the page you will find new steel panels.
Yeah.... and those Showcars 1/4`s are priced at $110 each....which means that they are hand formed pieces of crap too. Bottom line here that some people are having a hard time understanding is that you dont get a quality (usable)  1/4 skin for around $100

Charger1973

I have never heard anything good about that showcars place

mopar_madman

ok guys I bought the hand formed ones off ebay, they suck, don't fit right ,thinner metal. stay away you would be better off paying a good metal guy to hand make them specifically to the car (I think Nacho had that done to his) As for show cars in canada I dealt with them, he said the faster I got the money in his paypal he would ship right away. Once he got the money took over a month to ship something he said he had in his warehouse, just piss poor buisness in my opinion. A place called Tabco out of Ohio was die stamping the 73-74 panels I found one and they were good quality no real issues (my wheel opening mould. fit a little funny) but was a nice aftermarket compred to some. Unfotunatly they stopped making them. I'm sure there are some floating around, just keep looking.
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

73chargers4404

jason i called the guy at that link and he couldnt get the die stamped ones rite now,just the hand fromed ones for now ,and  AKcharger hand formed is with a bead roller and metal brake .die stamped is pretty mutch what they do at the factory.hay mopar_madman  was this guy the same one you bought yours off of ,he dont say shit in his discription about them being hand machined.someone needs to put in his feed back that hes making the parts him self. i read some of his feed back he charges 145 for the part 100 for shipping and if you dont like them he will give your money back all but the shipping ,thats a croke of shit so youll be out 200 for nothing.

AKcharger

Quote from: 73chargers4404 on February 02, 2007, 11:06:55 PM
AKcharger hand formed is with a bead roller and metal brake .die stamped is pretty mutch what they do at the factory...

That sounds like a LOT of work, a lot more than $100 worth

Thanks

73chargers4404

mopar_madman

Quote from: 73chargers4404 on February 02, 2007, 11:06:55 PM
jason i called the guy at that link and he couldnt get the die stamped ones rite now,just the hand fromed ones for now ,andĀ  AKcharger hand formed is with a bead roller and metal brake .die stamped is pretty mutch what they do at the factory.hay mopar_madmanĀ  was this guy the same one you bought yours off of ,he dont say shit in his discription about them being hand machined.someone needs to put in his feed back that hes making the parts him self. i read some of his feed back he charges 145 for the part 100 for shipping and if you dont like them he will give your money back all but the shipping ,thats a croke of shit so youll be out 200 for nothing.

Yes its the same guy, this was about 3 years ago and he had sold a pair on ebay and i contacted him privatly to see if he had more so I couldn't leave any feedback on ebay. I ended up using them for small patches. they are just flat sheetmetal with 2 bodyline bends (in the wrong spot) and a beadroller wheel opening on thinner metal. You would be better buying these (if your going to ) from JC whitney they sell they same ones but they have a 30 money back return policy.
1973 Dodge Charger
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

mopar_madman

Quote from: 73chargers4404 on February 03, 2007, 09:50:35 AM
i have found a right side they is die stamped i asked ,but it is high,they dont have the side i need left.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AL%3ARTQ%3AUS%3A1&viewitem=&item=260036735969&rd=1

those are probably the good ones here's a link that shows a 73 charger resto that has a pic of the good die stamped panels  http://partsused.homestead.com/partspage.html
1973 Dodge Charger
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

73chargers4404

yah these are the good ones ,i posted it for the guy that started the post here are the good quarters that are stamped .http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AL%3ARTQ%3AUS%3A1&viewitem=&item=260036735969&rd=1     this is the only place that have them everyone else list them but dont have them.

ACUDANUT

Okay, Problem again Guys.  Those are for 73-74 Chargers.  Maybe I am wrong, but the issue was for 71-72 CHARGERS.  :shruggy:

moparguy01

the post does say 3rd gen charger. They should have been more specific in the title.  :icon_smile_big: the 73-74 are still third gens.

ACUDANUT

You have a point, but he also stated 72.  73-74 owners are lucky, they have a source. But us 71-72 guys are screwed. :icon_smile_sad: