News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's the difference?

Started by six-tee-nine, February 03, 2007, 01:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

six-tee-nine

Can anyone tell me the difference in Superbee / coronet dashes.

Sometimes i see superbee's with a charger dash with the circular gauges and other times i see the coronet / RR dash with the rectangular gauges....

i lost track  so can anyone explaine please what is correct....
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

UFO

The Charger dash was optional.In 69 it was code A62 standard on the superbee,extra cost on the coronet R/T.

Ghoste

Which means if you're seeing it in a Bee, they've either had to change the dash out or there is a good chance it's a regular Coronet with a Super Bee stripe.

Dennis K

The Rallye (Charger) dash was standard in the Super Bee in 1968 and 69, and optional on the Coronet R/T. It wasn't available in a Plymouth B-body until 1970, when it was standard on the Road Runner. I don't know if it was in a 1970 GTX.

Ghoste

8WHEELER

I just about bought a 68 Coronet RT, it did not have the rally dash, so I checked into it
then, and found out you could get either dash in a 68 Coronet RT, I was thinking that
they all came with the rally dash but no.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Ghoste

I've only seen a couple of RT's (both 69's) that DID have the Rallye dash.  I haven't seen enough RT's to form an honest opinion of it's rarity but it sure is a lot nicer looking than the regular Coronet instrument cluster.

lilwendal

UFO is right on the money.  :yesnod: The 69 coronet RT I'm currently playing with is an A62 for the instrument cluster and N85 for the tach.

six-tee-nine

So if i see a Bee with a Coronet dash it's not a real Bee but a Coronet with a Bee stripe then......

That's really nice to know then.....
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Ghoste

Not necessarily.  The round Charger style intrument cluster came stock in the Super Bee from 68-70, so if you see a Super Bee from those years with the rectangular Coronet dash, be suspicious.  But I wouldn't immediately find the owner and accuse him of falsely portraying the car.  Hard "facts" have a way of biting you in the ass when it comes to old Mopars.