News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone installed different seats in their charger?

Started by Chargeraddict, February 05, 2007, 05:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: terrible one on February 11, 2007, 09:50:44 PM
Sort of on topic...will 3rd gen Charger buckets bolt into the 2nd gens?

70 use same first half 71 Chargers and 70-first half 71 E bodies. At least they look the same from the distance, so probably will be enough changing the seat tracks from 2nd gen to those laters ones to install them on 68/69 to match with holes and floor shape
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

HITMAN 149

i believe "pocket thunder" put 03" leather intrepid seats in his 68'!?!?!? i think i recall?!?!?!? ???
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

PocketThunder

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on March 13, 2007, 12:03:01 PM
i believe "pocket thunder" put 03" leather intrepid seats in his 68'!?!?!? i think i recall?!?!?!? ???

:yesnod: :yesnod:  And they are as comfy as all get out!  But.......  they do not recline forward past the upright position because they came out of a 4 door car.  And with the seat all the way forward there is not much room to get into the back seat.  So that just means that fat Charger Fans old girlfriends festively plump chicks cant squeeze in the back seat.  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:     

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

SeattleCharger

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

HITMAN 149

Quote from: PocketThunder on March 22, 2007, 12:34:15 PM
Quote from: HITMAN 149 on March 13, 2007, 12:03:01 PM

:yesnod: :yesnod:  And they are as comfy as all get out!  But.......  they do not recline forward past the upright position because they came out of a 4 door car.  And with the seat all the way forward there is not much room to get into the back seat.  So that just means that fat Charger Fans old girlfriends festively plump chicks cant squeeze in the back seat.  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:     

woa!!!!!!!!!!!!! SMACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_smile_blackeye:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

73chargers4404

Quote from: NorwayCharger on March 12, 2007, 04:12:22 PM
Quote from: Chargeraddict on February 05, 2007, 05:35:58 PM

Im just curious if someone has had luck installing seats from a newer car? I dont think I have the money to invest in redoing the buckets right now, seeing as how the covers are 300+ each. I could see newer seats being more comfortable anyways, Im not worried about the value of my car either, its never leaving my hands.

I did fit those summit seats in mine 68
what all did you have to do to get those seats to fit in car ,and do you have to run the belts all the way to the back like they are in the picture or could they be mounted to the front ,looks good ,you bought those from summit?

terrible one

Quote from: 73chargers4404 on August 11, 2007, 10:49:39 AM

Im just curious if someone has had luck installing seats from a newer car? I dont think I have the money to invest in redoing the buckets right now, seeing as how the covers are 300+ each. I could see newer seats being more comfortable anyways, Im not worried about the value of my car either, its never leaving my hands.

what all did you have to do to get those seats to fit in car ,and do you have to run the belts all the way to the back like they are in the picture or could they be mounted to the front ,looks good ,you bought those from summit?

I'm wondering the same as well! I would love the Summit seats but need some insight as to how to make them fit and how hard it was.

NorwayCharger

Quote from: terrible one on August 11, 2007, 12:40:11 PM

I'm wondering the same as well! I would love the Summit seats but need some insight as to how to make them fit and how hard it was.

They fit almost right the original holes, but i thought they where a little low so i made up some brackets that raised the seat 1"
The seatbelts you can fit as you like ;)
AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

terrible one

Quote from: NorwayCharger on August 11, 2007, 01:30:02 PM

They fit almost right the original holes, but i thought they where a little low so i made up some brackets that raised the seat 1"

So Norway, do the Summit seats come with like tracks and studs or whatever? And when you say they "almost" fit, did you have to drill new holes or did you oval out the existing ones?

NorwayCharger

Quote from: terrible one on August 11, 2007, 02:11:44 PM

So Norway, do the Summit seats come with like tracks and studs or whatever? And when you say they "almost" fit, did you have to drill new holes or did you oval out the existing ones?

They come with tracks, so you only have to oval out the holes in the seat tracks.

AKA the drummer boy

terrible one

Quote from: NorwayCharger on August 11, 2007, 04:15:13 PM

They come with tracks, so you only have to oval out the holes in the seat tracks.

Ooh so you used your old front seat tracks that bolt to the floor and just ovaled out the holes in them to bolt the seats to the tracks?

NorwayCharger

Quote from: terrible one on August 12, 2007, 12:35:03 AM
Quote from: NorwayCharger on August 11, 2007, 04:15:13 PM

Ooh so you used your old front seat tracks that bolt to the floor and just ovaled out the holes in them to bolt the seats to the tracks?

Noup, i used the ones that was on the Summit seats..
I made some brackets to raise the seat 1".
You make them or you can buy them http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SUM%2DG1151&N=700+4294922468+400304+115&autoview=sku like this one.
Then you can drill the holes in the raising bracket where you want them.
The width of the Summit seat is perfect for the Charger.
AKA the drummer boy

73chargers4404

Thanks for the quick reply,and thank terrible one for asking all the questions i needed answered,the seats look bad ass very nice ,its goiing to be fun for me i put in a wole new floor in, so there no holes at all in my floor, but i think theres braceing under the floor where the holes go, did you have to drill alot into that braceing to get them to fit snd was that a pain to do?

73chargers4404

and allso what year did you fit those in ,i have a 73, i dont know if the seat placement is the same as a second gen

NorwayCharger

Quote from: 73chargers4404 on August 12, 2007, 10:05:47 AM
and allso what year did you fit those in ,i have a 73, i dont know if the seat placement is the same as a second gen

I have a 68, do not know the meassure for the 73, anyway fitting the seats in a 68 was APOC.
As i see it you got to raise the seat aprox 1", i am not a litte guy..
So making some brackets is a thing you got to do, and then the bracing under the floorpan will fit ;)
AKA the drummer boy

terrible one

Alright, I'm sorry, but I'm still confused.

Norway, so you bought the seats from Summit that had tracks on them. Have a link to that?

Then what did you do? Oval out the holes in the floor and mount them up or what? Sorry, I'm sure I'm missing something easy. I just can't do much by means of fabricating stuff. . .

Corellian Corvette

TerribleOne

Check out the instructions for the brackets on Summit's site. It makes things a bit clearer.

If you have conformation that the seats aren't too wide, you won't need to do any fabricating or modifications at all to the car, other than drilling a hole in the summit brackets.

Looks like the brackets mount to the seat, but the other side of the bracket (that goes on the floor) is basically untoched so you just need to drill some holes in the bracket, put a bolt through them, and that's it.

Seems like it should be really easy.

Brock Samson

my  :Twocents:

i have looked into this and mid '90s grand cherokee leather seats have exactly the same seat styleing as '69 chargers. back a few years ago now, there were some on e-bay for a few hundred bucks i forget the exact figure now...
i seriously thought of getting them then, but, not knowing the seat track dimensions and/or how to wire them into the electrical system, i passed I guess too that GCs being four doors they wouldn't fold forward either... :shruggy: all those things togeather spell out to me they'd be a problematic can of worms...  :-\
  carry on..

73chargers4404

If i get the measurements off my 3rd gen could someone get me the measurement off a 2nd gen so i could see if these summit seats would work in my car .thanks  :2thumbs:

terrible one

Ahhhh! Haha breakthrough! I'm so stupid. I totally get it now, and this is the route I'm going. No thanks to paying half a grand for some ripped up '70 highbacks. Thanks guys!  :2thumbs:

Upholstery guy

I don't know if this is the same where you guys live at, but you can pickup some plain factory import seats about 10 years or a little older out of a junk yard for about one hundred dollars for both seats and have them redone at a trim shop ranging about $300 to $500, I like the factory seats more than after market seats because they are made a little more durable than the after market seats and you can find used parts for them if you need them.

You can make some bases out of angle iron if you have the tools and weld them to the factory sliders, I just made some bases for some 93 Nissan 300ZX seats to fit a 69 b-body, the angle iron cost under $30 the bolts, nuts, washers and spacers where $20, I cut off the factory tabs to level the sliders off flat to weld to the angle iron.

The measurement for the spacing between the b-body factory seats holes was 13 7/8" left to right and 10 7/8" front to back, the inner seat holes near the drive shaft are level, the outer front holes need a 5/8" spacer and the rear needs a 7/8" spacer to lever the seat out with the tracks that where on the 300 seats.

HITMAN 149

DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNN those look sweet!!!!! nice job!!!!! gotta post a pic of what they look like in the car!!!!
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

The70RT

Quote from: Upholstery guy on August 19, 2007, 10:46:04 AM
I don't know if this is the same where you guys live at, but you can pickup some plain factory import seats about 10 years or a little older out of a junk yard for about one hundred dollars for both seats and have them redone at a trim shop ranging about $300 to $500, I like the factory seats more than after market seats because they are made a little more durable than the after market seats and you can find used parts for them if you need them.

You can make some bases out of angle iron if you have the tools and weld them to the factory sliders, I just made some bases for some 93 Nissan 300ZX seats to fit a 69 b-body, the angle iron cost under $30 the bolts, nuts, washers and spacers where $20, I cut off the factory tabs to level the sliders off flat to weld to the angle iron.

The measurement for the spacing between the b-body factory seats holes was 13 7/8" left to right and 10 7/8" front to back, the inner seat holes near the drive shaft are lever, the outer front holes need a 5/8" spacer and the rear needs a 7/8" spacer to lever the seat out with the tracks that where on the 300 seats.

Bad assed.....you da man :drool5:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Upholstery guy

If you get seats from a junk yard make sure the frames are not broke or rusted bad, put your knees on the seat area and grab the seat back and try to move them they should not move too much they should stay pretty ridged, if you hear any clicks or sounds the frames may be cracked or the adjusters maybe broken just make sure all of the parts work on the seat if not just find another set.