News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'68 Rear Glass

Started by Zentelis, February 07, 2007, 11:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zentelis

The body shop busted the rear-glass in my Charger today..and they won't pick up the bill for it (they said that up front).

PSAutoglass wants $350..for a flat peice of glass!! Are there any other replacement companies out there that might have something for less?
Or heck, does anyone have an extra they'd sell to me? :)

Charger1973

I think you should look for a new body shop asap...   :rotz:

Also I dont think that glass is perfectly flat either. 

Zentelis

Just an update, turns out the body shop guy made a typo in his email to me. He meant to say it "didn't" break.
So, I don't need a replacement afterall (thankfully!!)

70 Charger RT

And you DIDN'T have a heart attack?
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

bill440rt

I'd still question the integrity of that shop. What "if" they break something down the road?? That's not YOUR fault if THEY break something.

Yes, that back glass is expensive. Several reasons why. First, it's tempered, whereas a front windshield is laminated. There is also less demand for a back glass vs a windshield. Demand/supply controls price.

Try pricing a repro DATE-CODED glass. Ooh-FAH!!!  :scared:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

mally69

it is not  flat,,, i looked for one  and i cannot find the company that makes it but i remember they wanted 550 for one and that was 3 years ago  coulnd imagine what it is now ::)

Shakey

Quote from: mally69 on February 13, 2007, 11:23:17 PM
it is not  flat,,, i looked for one  and i cannot find the company that makes it but i remember they wanted 550 for one and that was 3 years ago  coulnd imagine what it is now ::)

I believe it's $350.00 USD from a place outta WI.

HITMAN 149

ebay...has some glass everyone now & then?!?!?! prices?!?!?!?!? dunnno!!! thanks god all my glass is good!!!
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

chargercraig

Why would they tell they didnt break something do they tell you about everything they dont break? Sometings up ???