News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

looking for info on a silver 69 500 hemi, red interior, thought to be in texas

Started by barnfindcuda, February 08, 2007, 10:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barnfindcuda

just wondering if anyone knows about a 69 charger 500 hemi with red interior, ever saw it??? would have had a left rear quarter panel caved in, this car was in my high school shop class, i bugged my teacher to sell it to me, he wouldnt, said i would never be able to afford the ability to fix it! he would have been right but i still wanted it! anyhow, it was a silver charger 500 with a hemi, and red interior, he said he bought it from an old man , not sure if that is true, anyhow he ended up selling it to a former student who liveed in milwaukee, this would have been around 1981-1983 , then in an auto buyer add it showed up as being stolen and looking for info!,that would have been about 1984ish,  never found the car, then ,  fast forward to last year, i was at a swap meet in milwaukee talking with my fromer shop teacher, he was selling some parts, (now has an original hemi dart) pretty cool huh! anyhow, i brought up the subject of the stolen charger, he said, he had recieved a wierd call about a year earlier, someone from texas stating they owned this car and was searching out its background, when he said, that car had been stolen some years back the caller hung up! SO! i know these cars are a rarity, they dont go un noticed, so who knows about it?????   i am not looking for names just an idea about what happened to it! does anyone know any history,  it was silver/ red interior/ auto, i believe on the floor/ its left rear qtr panel was pushed in, unsavable, would have needed a new one!  was a hemi, i loved that car, wish i would have been diligent in buying it! anyway i would love to hear about it! tell me what ya know

69_500

I hope Dave see's this post. I believe that he has a photograph of the car your speaking of. I do know the VIN to the car your speaking of. I haven't heard of anyone knowing the location of that car from I'd say 1982-1983. Not too many A4 HEMI 500's out there, let alone ones that were in that area of the country in those years.

barnfindcuda

Old Moparz

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

69_500

69_500

And I think that either Dave (xxnascar) or XS29J9B have some more photo's of the car.

barnfindcuda

i dont think that is the car, not sure though, the one at my school was wearing dog dish hubcaps, but thats easy to change, and that quarter panel facing us in the pic was caved in, and i am not sure the pic car has red interior, would need to see more pics! ???

tan top

Quote from: Old Moparz on February 08, 2007, 11:42:13 PM
:popcrn:  This could be worth a bucket of popcorn.

:iagree:...  sounds like a real good story coming here  :yesnod:       :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

barnfindcuda

hey trpy, can ya tell us any of its history and wht ya know, not looking to get anyone in trouble, just thinks its got an interesteing story, any pics, before and after???? or just before to verify its the car?

Just 6T9 CHGR

FWIW, I have that car in the registry, but I believe 69500 gave me the info ....new owner never registered it as of yet
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

barnfindcuda

i thibks its cool that people know this car, but how do we know thats the car in the registry? someone know it was stolen?

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: 69_500 on February 08, 2007, 11:50:30 PM
Is this the car?

I took that picture, the interior was not red... It is the car Troy (hemi68charger) mentioned.  The car never had a quarter caved in, and never was stolen (why "stolen" in the file name, Danny  ???).  The car came from El Paso, Texas and went to San Antonio, Texas in the 1980s (bought by Glenn H.).  The car was bought for $2500 (welll, that is almost stealing... :icon_smile_wink: ) and resold a few years later for about $5500 to someone in Universal City, Texas.  Several years later it was sold to the guy in Houston who repainted it blue... I have not seen it in person since the late 1980s at a show in Houston.  The car was in a magazine years ago also...

I have pictures and even a registration receipt from the car.  I will try to locate the material and scan it in the near future.  The computer that my scanner is on had a hard drive failure, so I need to move the scanner to another 'puter.

I will provide the scanned material to the registry, along with some other information that I have...

XS
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

tan top

could be way off here but i remember something about a  HEMI C500 in A4  being stolen &  abandoned in a parking lot  or stolen from a parking lot in TX or another state  in the in the late 70's or early 80's, & having blue or red  interior .  :scratchchin:  could be getting this mixed up with some thing else though :image_294343:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: barnfindcuda on February 09, 2007, 08:06:11 AM
i thibks its cool that people know this car, but how do we know thats the car in the registry? someone know it was stolen?

I have it in the registry listed as being stolen in WI around 1982
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

barnfindcuda

hey guys!, the one in the registry a red interior car? can you post the vin?????    it was early 80's and like i said earlier, i knew this car well when i was in highscool, graduated in 81, so 82 may be correct, and as i said earlier aswell, the car did have a caved in qtr, for sure, not easily repairable,and it definatly had red interior,and it definatly had a hemi and was a4 silver, it is way cool that people may know about this car! thanks everyone   i litterly sat 2 feet from this car in my shop class for a year, talk about not being able to your mind on school!

69_500

XS29, sorry for the confusion, that is just the title of the photo is saved under. I didn't recall where it was posted before, but that was the name of it then. for any confusion I appologize.

As far as the one being stolen out of WI, I do have a VIN of  HEMI 500 that is A4 that was stolen in the early 80's. And as far as I know, it hasn't resurfaced anywhere.

Sorry for the mix up, I'm renaming the title of that photo now though, to further avoid any confusions.

69_500

As far as the one in the registry, I'm not sure if I gave ya the information on that car, or possibly Dave. I know that I've talked to him about the car in the past as well. I think that there a club newsletter story about it from the early 80's as well.

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

xs29j8Bullitt

I see you saved the picture I posted on Moparts a few years ago Dave... whats with the "Daytona" in the filename?

I was going to post it without the complete VIN...

The picture Dave linked to shows the registration material that I have for the silver (originally blue) Hemi Charger 500 that Glenn H. bought from Danny Capehart in El Paso.  Tom McGinnis found the car, and Glenn had him be the "straw" buyer because he thought the owner might back out if a new buyer suddenly appeared.  Glenn later sold the car to a guy in Universal City who later sold it to Cliff Dukes in Houston.  In the mid 1980s I bought all of Glenn's remaining Mopar parts, literature, and related material.  I talked to Cliff Dukes at a show in Houston and offered to send him the material, but he said that he did not want it... so I kept it!  I would still give the pictures and receipts to him, or whoever owns the car now...

Dave also posted a link to the magazine article on the same car.

XS

hemi68charger

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on February 10, 2007, 02:11:19 PM
... I would still give the pictures and receipts to him, or whoever owns the car now....

XS

He still owns it......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

barnfindcuda

very cool, sounds like we still havent solved the mystery as to where the car i am looking for may have disapeared to!, like i said earlier in this thread, my old eacher recieved a call about a year ago , and someone was doing a little background searching, so i assume its still around, an as small a world as it is withing this car circle, i am assuming someone knows about it, they just dont go un noticed,  and if it was cut up along time ago that may explain a few things but i believe its still around!  maybe we'll unravell this mystery! i am going to see if i can find the original auto buyer that had the "stolen" add in it, it also posted the vin if i remember correctly!  p.s. cant wait to see you winged guys here this year, i live in racine, 20 miles south of milwaukee and work in milwaukee, great site guys!

barnfindcuda

hey guys found a pretty cool thread on another forum site after doing a google search, seems someone else has also been wondering what the heck happened to this car!  also have a vin! XX29J9B238094 and its owner was a gentleman bye the name of bob martin from wauwatosa  , milwaukee

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: barnfindcuda on February 11, 2007, 10:28:07 PM
hey guys found a pretty cool thread on another forum site after doing a google search, seems someone else has also been wondering what the heck happened to this car!  also have a vin! XX29J9B238094 and its owner was a gentleman bye the name of bob martin from wauwatosa  , milwaukee

Bob Martin from Wauwatosa, Wisconsin used to be the National Hemi Owners Association Membership Director... I never knew that he had a Hemi C500 stolen from him.  Do you know what year the car was stolen?

XS