News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

looking for info on a silver 69 500 hemi, red interior, thought to be in texas

Started by barnfindcuda, February 08, 2007, 10:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barnfindcuda

just wondering if anyone knows about a 69 charger 500 hemi with red interior, ever saw it??? would have had a left rear quarter panel caved in, this car was in my high school shop class, i bugged my teacher to sell it to me, he wouldnt, said i would never be able to afford the ability to fix it! he would have been right but i still wanted it! anyhow, it was a silver charger 500 with a hemi, and red interior, he said he bought it from an old man , not sure if that is true, anyhow he ended up selling it to a former student who liveed in milwaukee, this would have been around 1981-1983 , then in an auto buyer add it showed up as being stolen and looking for info!,that would have been about 1984ish,  never found the car, then ,  fast forward to last year, i was at a swap meet in milwaukee talking with my fromer shop teacher, he was selling some parts, (now has an original hemi dart) pretty cool huh! anyhow, i brought up the subject of the stolen charger, he said, he had recieved a wierd call about a year earlier, someone from texas stating they owned this car and was searching out its background, when he said, that car had been stolen some years back the caller hung up! SO! i know these cars are a rarity, they dont go un noticed, so who knows about it?????   i am not looking for names just an idea about what happened to it! does anyone know any history,  it was silver/ red interior/ auto, i believe on the floor/ its left rear qtr panel was pushed in, unsavable, would have needed a new one!  was a hemi, i loved that car, wish i would have been diligent in buying it! anyway i would love to hear about it! tell me what ya know

69_500

I hope Dave see's this post. I believe that he has a photograph of the car your speaking of. I do know the VIN to the car your speaking of. I haven't heard of anyone knowing the location of that car from I'd say 1982-1983. Not too many A4 HEMI 500's out there, let alone ones that were in that area of the country in those years.

barnfindcuda

Old Moparz

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

69_500

69_500

And I think that either Dave (xxnascar) or XS29J9B have some more photo's of the car.

barnfindcuda

i dont think that is the car, not sure though, the one at my school was wearing dog dish hubcaps, but thats easy to change, and that quarter panel facing us in the pic was caved in, and i am not sure the pic car has red interior, would need to see more pics! ???

tan top

Quote from: Old Moparz on February 08, 2007, 11:42:13 PM
:popcrn:  This could be worth a bucket of popcorn.

:iagree:...  sounds like a real good story coming here  :yesnod:       :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

barnfindcuda

hey trpy, can ya tell us any of its history and wht ya know, not looking to get anyone in trouble, just thinks its got an interesteing story, any pics, before and after???? or just before to verify its the car?

Just 6T9 CHGR

FWIW, I have that car in the registry, but I believe 69500 gave me the info ....new owner never registered it as of yet
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

barnfindcuda

i thibks its cool that people know this car, but how do we know thats the car in the registry? someone know it was stolen?

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: 69_500 on February 08, 2007, 11:50:30 PM
Is this the car?

I took that picture, the interior was not red... It is the car Troy (hemi68charger) mentioned.  The car never had a quarter caved in, and never was stolen (why "stolen" in the file name, Danny  ???).  The car came from El Paso, Texas and went to San Antonio, Texas in the 1980s (bought by Glenn H.).  The car was bought for $2500 (welll, that is almost stealing... :icon_smile_wink: ) and resold a few years later for about $5500 to someone in Universal City, Texas.  Several years later it was sold to the guy in Houston who repainted it blue... I have not seen it in person since the late 1980s at a show in Houston.  The car was in a magazine years ago also...

I have pictures and even a registration receipt from the car.  I will try to locate the material and scan it in the near future.  The computer that my scanner is on had a hard drive failure, so I need to move the scanner to another 'puter.

I will provide the scanned material to the registry, along with some other information that I have...

XS
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

tan top

could be way off here but i remember something about a  HEMI C500 in A4  being stolen &  abandoned in a parking lot  or stolen from a parking lot in TX or another state  in the in the late 70's or early 80's, & having blue or red  interior .  :scratchchin:  could be getting this mixed up with some thing else though :image_294343:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: barnfindcuda on February 09, 2007, 08:06:11 AM
i thibks its cool that people know this car, but how do we know thats the car in the registry? someone know it was stolen?

I have it in the registry listed as being stolen in WI around 1982
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

barnfindcuda

hey guys!, the one in the registry a red interior car? can you post the vin?????    it was early 80's and like i said earlier, i knew this car well when i was in highscool, graduated in 81, so 82 may be correct, and as i said earlier aswell, the car did have a caved in qtr, for sure, not easily repairable,and it definatly had red interior,and it definatly had a hemi and was a4 silver, it is way cool that people may know about this car! thanks everyone   i litterly sat 2 feet from this car in my shop class for a year, talk about not being able to your mind on school!

69_500

XS29, sorry for the confusion, that is just the title of the photo is saved under. I didn't recall where it was posted before, but that was the name of it then. for any confusion I appologize.

As far as the one being stolen out of WI, I do have a VIN of  HEMI 500 that is A4 that was stolen in the early 80's. And as far as I know, it hasn't resurfaced anywhere.

Sorry for the mix up, I'm renaming the title of that photo now though, to further avoid any confusions.

69_500

As far as the one in the registry, I'm not sure if I gave ya the information on that car, or possibly Dave. I know that I've talked to him about the car in the past as well. I think that there a club newsletter story about it from the early 80's as well.

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

xs29j8Bullitt

I see you saved the picture I posted on Moparts a few years ago Dave... whats with the "Daytona" in the filename?

I was going to post it without the complete VIN...

The picture Dave linked to shows the registration material that I have for the silver (originally blue) Hemi Charger 500 that Glenn H. bought from Danny Capehart in El Paso.  Tom McGinnis found the car, and Glenn had him be the "straw" buyer because he thought the owner might back out if a new buyer suddenly appeared.  Glenn later sold the car to a guy in Universal City who later sold it to Cliff Dukes in Houston.  In the mid 1980s I bought all of Glenn's remaining Mopar parts, literature, and related material.  I talked to Cliff Dukes at a show in Houston and offered to send him the material, but he said that he did not want it... so I kept it!  I would still give the pictures and receipts to him, or whoever owns the car now...

Dave also posted a link to the magazine article on the same car.

XS

hemi68charger

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on February 10, 2007, 02:11:19 PM
... I would still give the pictures and receipts to him, or whoever owns the car now....

XS

He still owns it......
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

barnfindcuda

very cool, sounds like we still havent solved the mystery as to where the car i am looking for may have disapeared to!, like i said earlier in this thread, my old eacher recieved a call about a year ago , and someone was doing a little background searching, so i assume its still around, an as small a world as it is withing this car circle, i am assuming someone knows about it, they just dont go un noticed,  and if it was cut up along time ago that may explain a few things but i believe its still around!  maybe we'll unravell this mystery! i am going to see if i can find the original auto buyer that had the "stolen" add in it, it also posted the vin if i remember correctly!  p.s. cant wait to see you winged guys here this year, i live in racine, 20 miles south of milwaukee and work in milwaukee, great site guys!

barnfindcuda

hey guys found a pretty cool thread on another forum site after doing a google search, seems someone else has also been wondering what the heck happened to this car!  also have a vin! XX29J9B238094 and its owner was a gentleman bye the name of bob martin from wauwatosa  , milwaukee

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: barnfindcuda on February 11, 2007, 10:28:07 PM
hey guys found a pretty cool thread on another forum site after doing a google search, seems someone else has also been wondering what the heck happened to this car!  also have a vin! XX29J9B238094 and its owner was a gentleman bye the name of bob martin from wauwatosa  , milwaukee

Bob Martin from Wauwatosa, Wisconsin used to be the National Hemi Owners Association Membership Director... I never knew that he had a Hemi C500 stolen from him.  Do you know what year the car was stolen?

XS

barnfindcuda

1981 ish  i got that name from another thread at a different site, but i know who wrote it and i am going to stop bye there tomorrow

69_500

I have a Dave Dixon listed as owning the car 238094. And that its an A4 silver car with Red interior. I don't have listed as an Auto on the column though. I don't have it listed as an auto with a console either though. Unknown is how i have it listed. I have it wrote down as being stolen in June of 1982 out of Wisconsin.

barnfindcuda

if memory serves me right, it was an auto on the floor , and dave was my teacher, he sold the car, i wanted that car so bad! anyhow, he sold it to a former student (thats what i was told when he sold it) and shortly after, it got stolen from somewhere in milwaukee, i wonder what the heck happened to it! i am sure there is a story about it!, i believe its still around, but ya never know, the story goes ,dave recived a call about a year or so ago, someone stating they owned the car and were doing some research, call ended as quickly as it started when the person on the other end was informed the car had been stolen many years back. wonder what would happen if it resurfaced!?

hemi68charger

Quote from: barnfindcuda on February 12, 2007, 06:40:07 PM
if memory serves me right, it was an auto on the floor , and dave was my teacher, he sold the car, i wanted that car so bad! anyhow, he sold it to a former student (thats what i was told when he sold it) and shortly after, it got stolen from somewhere in milwaukee, i wonder what the heck happened to it! i am sure there is a story about it!, i believe its still around, but ya never know, the story goes ,dave recived a call about a year or so ago, someone stating they owned the car and were doing some research, call ended as quickly as it started when the person on the other end was informed the car had been stolen many years back. wonder what would happen if it resurfaced!?

I remember seeing a for sale / parts ad once on a mopar site about a complete quarter panel cut off and laying in the owner's back yard. It had it's original silver paint and black "500" stripe on it.......

Troy
Troy

barnfindcuda

thanks troy!, i am trying my hardest to remember if this car had a stripe!?????  not sure, did they make 500's without?, i am pretty sure it did though.

69_500

I believe that MsMopars 500 was without a stripe upon delivery if memory serves me correct. They were all supposed to have the stripe however.

barnfindcuda

PocketThunder

What happened to MsMopar (Vicki)?  I havent seen her on this board for quite some time now.  She has some connections to my 500 and i would like to keep in touch with her so i can research my cars history and finally (hopefully) find the broadcast sheet that the 3rd owner kept..
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger_Fan

Quote from: PocketThunder on February 14, 2007, 10:46:11 PM
What happened to MsMopar (Vicki)?  I havent seen her on this board for quite some time now.  She has some connections to my 500 and i would like to keep in touch with her so i can research my cars history and finally (hopefully) find the broadcast sheet that the 3rd owner kept..
Last I remember, the tool company where she worked had laid off a bunch of employees, forcing her to go job searching. It sounded as if she was having a hard go at it, I hope things turned out favorably for her.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

barnfindcuda

if its the same msmopar i am thinking of, from kenosha wisconsin?? i just talked with her husband on tuesday, i'll let him know you guys are looking for her here!

barnfindcuda

i know itsw not a charger but here is my latest project,always wanted one, going to restore it, going to send it to my frinds resto shop in volo illinois,this is going to be a keeper for me, alos, anyone looking to buy a 390 4 sped 69 amx?, got one of those too! heres my new cuda project

69_500

haven't heard from MsMopar in almost a year now. Was wondering how the 500 was coming along. last I had heard it was painted, and ready to be reassembled.

barnfindcuda

i just met her husband about a year ago, he had a convertible top done by the shop i work at, anyhow, i saw the car, painted, absolutly beautiful car, and yes needing assembly, i dont think they are in a hurry though

barnfindcuda

hey guys! well, there has been a little chatter about this car i have been askin about, i am pretty surprised it hasnt surfaced, or someone remembers buying parts, or maybe someone has the engine with the vin on it, its a small world for these type of cars, surprised some one hasnt said, they bought a silver window plug, any how, still wanna know!  if anyone has anything let us know, thanks people, love all the cars here, you guys ar hardcore 500 and wingcar fanatics, would love to build a clone daytona for myself someday!

69_500

Some would call us idiots for loving these aero cars so much. Personally i think its awsome.

Ghoste

It is awesome isn't it?  That whole "win on Sunday, sell on Monday" thing was working so much better than they ever imagined.

69_500

barnfindcuda

seems this thread has come to a dead end,! someone surely has to remember this or parts from this car!  or someone is being very quiet! lol,

barnfindcuda

hey people, dont froget about this thread, i have been wondering for 20+ years what happened to this, even if its annonomys.

nascarxx29

I went through my old car club newsletter member listing for July 1979 J9B238094 is listed as being silver metallic red interior automatic hemi 500 owned by a Dave Dixon

barnfindcuda

that is the car!, my teacher that owned it at the time i was in high school is dave dixon, he wouldnt sell me the car when i asked him about it, then sold it to a prior student, thats the story i got when asking where it went! then i read in an auto buyer it was stolen, fast forward to last year, i saw my old teacher at a swap meet, i asked him if anything was ever found out about it, he laughed and said he recieved a weird phone call from texas, the guy said he owned the car and was researching it, when he said that car was stolen the guy hung up, thats the story i got.what a mystery, maybe its a different color and nobody is looking for it wearing different color robes!  wonder what happens if it does turn up?

nascarxx29

Then that 238094 vin needs to redflagged as a stolen car.And the vin needs to be run past TX motor vehicle agency

MsMopar

Hey Folks!
Small world. I am very familiar with the silver C-500. In fact, I bought all the parts from the guy in Milwaukee that bought the car from Dave. The NOS trunk lid on my car was suppose to go on the silver car. I don't know what happened to the silver car after it disappeared from Milwaukee. I keep watching for it though. Not too many silver 500's with red interior. MsMopar

barnfindcuda

???i guess this car really must be in hiding or fell off the edge of the earth!, lol, this trail went very dead!  thanks for all the input people, this is a great site! :icon_smile_cool:

barnfindcuda

:icon_smile_big: hey people, milwaukee wing car reunion comming up, you guys comming???? i live just south of milwaukee and work about 5 miles fromt he track where its being held!  i WILL be there,  hope to see all you guys! :icon_smile_cool:

barnfindcuda

anyone know of any cruisin gonna be f=going on in milwaukee, or any events that will be happening along with the show?? there is a little sandwich/icecream shop opn the south side of milwaukee that has saturday night cruises, lots of room for a great sat.night show, called "GEORGIE-PORGIES"

barnfindcuda

geogie porgies is on hwy 100 and hyw 38 , south of the airport by about 3 miles, P.S.  still no sighn of the chager 500, a4 silver with red guts?????????, c'mon,someones gotta know!, see ya guys at the show

barnfindcuda

hey people, havent stopped bye in awhile, great new stuff!, i can see nothing new on this thread, honestly i thought this car would have popped up along time ago, hope everyone had a great year!

barnfindcuda

hey people , been awhile since i stopped by, not a single lead on this car surprises me! with the mopar community  on the lookout for cool old projects, vin numbers on blocks and junkyards with mopars in them  , i cannot believe not one single shred of a lead of this car has turned up!!!  not one person saying "hey i remember seeing that car in parts" or a "friend of  a friend bought one just like that  in iowa and didnt know it was stolen, cut  it up and used the hemi" NUTHIN!!!  this one is either still in deep hiding or it was just cut up and the hemi used elswere, either way, it will make for a good story when something surfaces. :popcrn: :popcrn:

spang

nascarxx29

Its possible that GA car might be the orig gold 440 AC car a friend of mine owned .Then it turned up in VA in Arringtons hands

69_500

The car pictured definately isn't in Georgia. Its in Michigan. I believe it was being advertised by a broker that is based out of Georgia, but its not in that state. And Dave its not the one your thinking of, its a real HEMI 500 car. The one your thinking of, was a 440 car that they dropped a crate engine into.

barnfindcuda

checking vin's will the only way we know. that one appears to have black interior .glad to see someone is reading this thread! was begining to think no one else could see it. i cant wait to see if this car ever pops up. :popcrn:

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

spang

Quote from: 69_500 on March 31, 2008, 05:54:34 PM
The car pictured definately isn't in Georgia. Its in Michigan. I believe it was being advertised by a broker that is based out of Georgia, but its not in that state. And Dave its not the one your thinking of, its a real HEMI 500 car. The one your thinking of, was a 440 car that they dropped a crate engine into.

wow, really? the broker is asking $297,000, how much is the actual owner asking?

nascarxx29

69_500

You are correct the only way for sure to track down the one with the red interior would be with a VIN or fender tag information.

The difference between the Buddy Arrington car and the one listed by the broker is a mere 89,000 digits in the VIN difference. 157xxx, and 248xxx.

barnfindcuda

i was looking at a charger at a local car show last week and making small talk, i was talking to one guy telling him about the stolen charger and how it was in my high school shop class when some guy interjects and says the car in question had been recovered shortly after it was stolen, i nicely argued with him and told him that was not the case, he was a very confrontational type guy, and said he knew the guy who has that car, i asked where it was , he said it hadnt been on the streets since he "bought " it. ?  . i asked again, where it was , he wouldnt tell me but he gave me the impression it is either in northern illinois or southern wisconsin. in the midst of all this conversation another guy said he heard the car was parted out over 20 years ago and the shell was in a rather unused old salvage yard in southern wisconsin, he also said this was hearsay.i told him if he could track this down it would put this mystery to rest with  a not so happy ending !  so! whats the real story ? anyone else hear anything more on this car?

barnfindcuda

i just realized i started this thread 2 years ago, i find it interesting that no one has heard about this car in years past, it seems only a few people remember this story. i never heard back from the guys who said they knew of the car. i'll bet if we start asking around a friend of a friend knows something!  hemi cars like this one dont usually fall off the map like this, especially when people have been keeping an eye out for it.  is it possible it was cut up?, is it in someones back yard and been there for over 20 years? this is one dead end.  a true cold case.  would be real cool if we could find something out.  cool site guys!  i love this place. keep up the great work. :icon_smile_big:

barnfindcuda

well its been another couple of years since i brought this car up, nothing new has turned up in my neck of the woods,  always thought this one would surface.  i am going to see if my shop teacher from high scool may have a picture of it.  still think this is a great site! keep up the great work guys... :2thumbs:

barnfindcuda

hello All, I posted this topic a long time ago,  last time I bumped it was November of 2011,  I think its a cool topic and if it turns up it would be cool, I am sure it was either cut up or there is a different VIN on the car, 

barnfindcuda

here were are again another couple years has gone buy, more old cars discovered in yards, barns and junk yards, anyone remember this car?  southern Wisconsin, A4 silver 69 charger 500 Hemi with red interior, left rear qtr was damaged. would love to see of this one ever turns up after is was stolen in the early 80s. or if anyone has the Hemi from the car. Vin

barnfindcuda

Johnnyu

I was the 3rd owner of this car. Car was bought at Bob Asinger Dodge of Racine by I believe John Crull. His wife was a student counselor at my middle school. I used to see this car everyday  from 1971-1974.Then in 1975 I moved to the 1500 block of Park av. John would drive by my house every weekday on his way home from work. He lived 2 blocks away at 17th at College.In the summer of 1977 I saw that it was smashed in the rear 1/4.I followed him home and talked to him. He told me someone ran a stop sign and hit it.He said it cost more to fix than he wanted to spend and was thinking of selling.I had no money so I told Dixon about it.I believe Dave bought car in Aug. of 1977. Fast forward to Jan. 1980 when I bought car and some parts from Dave including a trunklid.In about Nov. of 1981 I needed money to buy house. Sold car to Ted (can't remember last name) out of Milwaukee. He gave me a phone call about 6 months later asking me if I had seen car. Said it was stolen from parking lot of his apartment building.A friend of his thought he saw it on the back of a tow truck that night. He did take out 1/4 page ad in Autotrader. I have some pics of car. Silver,red interior,column shift,8 3/4 rear,over 101000 miles, engine was never out of car.Car was repainted at least once.500 stripe was not installed after repaint. Also I have seen Vicki's 500,It is really nice. She works at the same company as my wife.

hemi68charger

author=xs29j8Bullitt link=topic=24387.msg264958#msg264958 date=1171030872]
Quote from: 69_500 on February 08, 2007, 11:50:30 PM
Is this the car?

... I have not seen it in person since the late 1980s at a show in Houston.  The car was in a magazine years ago also...

[/quote]

Here is Cliff's C500 more recently.. From the Texas Motor Speedway Aero Meet.
Troy

tan top

Quote from: Johnnyu on April 26, 2017, 02:19:31 PM
I was the 3rd owner of this car. Car was bought at Bob Asinger Dodge of Racine by I believe John Crull. His wife was a student counselor at my middle school. I used to see this car everyday  from 1971-1974.Then in 1975 I moved to the 1500 block of Park av. John would drive by my house every weekday on his way home from work. He lived 2 blocks away at 17th at College.In the summer of 1977 I saw that it was smashed in the rear 1/4.I followed him home and talked to him. He told me someone ran a stop sign and hit it.He said it cost more to fix than he wanted to spend and was thinking of selling.I had no money so I told Dixon about it.I believe Dave bought car in Aug. of 1977. Fast forward to Jan. 1980 when I bought car and some parts from Dave including a trunklid.In about Nov. of 1981 I needed money to buy house. Sold car to Ted (can't remember last name) out of Milwaukee. He gave me a phone call about 6 months later asking me if I had seen car. Said it was stolen from parking lot of his apartment building.A friend of his thought he saw it on the back of a tow truck that night. He did take out 1/4 page ad in Autotrader. I have some pics of car. Silver,red interior,column shift,8 3/4 rear,over 101000 miles, engine was never out of car.Car was repainted at least once.500 stripe was not installed after repaint. Also I have seen Vicki's 500,It is really nice. She works at the same company as my wife.

hello  &welcome  , thanks for sharing your story  :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs:

Charger Stuff 

nascarxx29

Was this it before painting it blue

69_500

Quote from: nascarxx29 on January 30, 2022, 12:52:41 PM

No this is not the same car. this is the car that is currently painted BLUE and it has BLUE interior.

gtx6970

Quote from: 69_500 on February 01, 2022, 08:07:56 PM
Quote from: nascarxx29 on January 30, 2022, 12:52:41 PM

No this is not the same car. this is the car that is currently painted BLUE and it has BLUE interior.

This is the problem when multiple cars get posted in same thread.

I'm like, when did it get painted green , now blue. ON a a car originally silver with red interior.?????

Ive only seen ONE A4 silver with red interior Charger 500 and it was a 440 car. Totaled in Indianapolis area many years ago. Ended up on Jim Waltons hillside. then sold off a few years later.

I was told a few years back the car is / has been repaired . The ONLY way that car was going to be repaired was a front clip.

I do know of a A4 silver with BLUE interior hemi 500. Last known location was NJ

aerolith

Great thread barnfinder!

Silver hemi 500 with a red interior!

OMG that is an awesome story, hopefully you will find her again and 'scratch' that lifelong itch.

The guy you need is Columbo lol...

He would never give up on such a BIG prize!
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

Hopefully the current 'owner' wasn't this MUPPET!

Someone stole my Dodge race car back in the 90's, outta my Unit.
It turned up some 15 years later and we met the new owner and said to him ''its stolen''.
Before we got to see the Dodge again, he scrapped it and fled to the hills... :slap: :patrol: :fireangry:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623