News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

looking for info on a silver 69 500 hemi, red interior, thought to be in texas

Started by barnfindcuda, February 08, 2007, 10:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barnfindcuda

1981 ish  i got that name from another thread at a different site, but i know who wrote it and i am going to stop bye there tomorrow

69_500

I have a Dave Dixon listed as owning the car 238094. And that its an A4 silver car with Red interior. I don't have listed as an Auto on the column though. I don't have it listed as an auto with a console either though. Unknown is how i have it listed. I have it wrote down as being stolen in June of 1982 out of Wisconsin.

barnfindcuda

if memory serves me right, it was an auto on the floor , and dave was my teacher, he sold the car, i wanted that car so bad! anyhow, he sold it to a former student (thats what i was told when he sold it) and shortly after, it got stolen from somewhere in milwaukee, i wonder what the heck happened to it! i am sure there is a story about it!, i believe its still around, but ya never know, the story goes ,dave recived a call about a year or so ago, someone stating they owned the car and were doing some research, call ended as quickly as it started when the person on the other end was informed the car had been stolen many years back. wonder what would happen if it resurfaced!?

hemi68charger

Quote from: barnfindcuda on February 12, 2007, 06:40:07 PM
if memory serves me right, it was an auto on the floor , and dave was my teacher, he sold the car, i wanted that car so bad! anyhow, he sold it to a former student (thats what i was told when he sold it) and shortly after, it got stolen from somewhere in milwaukee, i wonder what the heck happened to it! i am sure there is a story about it!, i believe its still around, but ya never know, the story goes ,dave recived a call about a year or so ago, someone stating they owned the car and were doing some research, call ended as quickly as it started when the person on the other end was informed the car had been stolen many years back. wonder what would happen if it resurfaced!?

I remember seeing a for sale / parts ad once on a mopar site about a complete quarter panel cut off and laying in the owner's back yard. It had it's original silver paint and black "500" stripe on it.......

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

barnfindcuda

thanks troy!, i am trying my hardest to remember if this car had a stripe!?????  not sure, did they make 500's without?, i am pretty sure it did though.

69_500

I believe that MsMopars 500 was without a stripe upon delivery if memory serves me correct. They were all supposed to have the stripe however.

barnfindcuda

PocketThunder

What happened to MsMopar (Vicki)?  I havent seen her on this board for quite some time now.  She has some connections to my 500 and i would like to keep in touch with her so i can research my cars history and finally (hopefully) find the broadcast sheet that the 3rd owner kept..
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger_Fan

Quote from: PocketThunder on February 14, 2007, 10:46:11 PM
What happened to MsMopar (Vicki)?  I havent seen her on this board for quite some time now.  She has some connections to my 500 and i would like to keep in touch with her so i can research my cars history and finally (hopefully) find the broadcast sheet that the 3rd owner kept..
Last I remember, the tool company where she worked had laid off a bunch of employees, forcing her to go job searching. It sounded as if she was having a hard go at it, I hope things turned out favorably for her.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

barnfindcuda

if its the same msmopar i am thinking of, from kenosha wisconsin?? i just talked with her husband on tuesday, i'll let him know you guys are looking for her here!

barnfindcuda

i know itsw not a charger but here is my latest project,always wanted one, going to restore it, going to send it to my frinds resto shop in volo illinois,this is going to be a keeper for me, alos, anyone looking to buy a 390 4 sped 69 amx?, got one of those too! heres my new cuda project

69_500

haven't heard from MsMopar in almost a year now. Was wondering how the 500 was coming along. last I had heard it was painted, and ready to be reassembled.

barnfindcuda

i just met her husband about a year ago, he had a convertible top done by the shop i work at, anyhow, i saw the car, painted, absolutly beautiful car, and yes needing assembly, i dont think they are in a hurry though

barnfindcuda

hey guys! well, there has been a little chatter about this car i have been askin about, i am pretty surprised it hasnt surfaced, or someone remembers buying parts, or maybe someone has the engine with the vin on it, its a small world for these type of cars, surprised some one hasnt said, they bought a silver window plug, any how, still wanna know!  if anyone has anything let us know, thanks people, love all the cars here, you guys ar hardcore 500 and wingcar fanatics, would love to build a clone daytona for myself someday!

69_500

Some would call us idiots for loving these aero cars so much. Personally i think its awsome.

Ghoste

It is awesome isn't it?  That whole "win on Sunday, sell on Monday" thing was working so much better than they ever imagined.

69_500

barnfindcuda

seems this thread has come to a dead end,! someone surely has to remember this or parts from this car!  or someone is being very quiet! lol,

barnfindcuda

hey people, dont froget about this thread, i have been wondering for 20+ years what happened to this, even if its annonomys.

nascarxx29

I went through my old car club newsletter member listing for July 1979 J9B238094 is listed as being silver metallic red interior automatic hemi 500 owned by a Dave Dixon
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

barnfindcuda

that is the car!, my teacher that owned it at the time i was in high school is dave dixon, he wouldnt sell me the car when i asked him about it, then sold it to a prior student, thats the story i got when asking where it went! then i read in an auto buyer it was stolen, fast forward to last year, i saw my old teacher at a swap meet, i asked him if anything was ever found out about it, he laughed and said he recieved a weird phone call from texas, the guy said he owned the car and was researching it, when he said that car was stolen the guy hung up, thats the story i got.what a mystery, maybe its a different color and nobody is looking for it wearing different color robes!  wonder what happens if it does turn up?

nascarxx29

Then that 238094 vin needs to redflagged as a stolen car.And the vin needs to be run past TX motor vehicle agency
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

MsMopar

Hey Folks!
Small world. I am very familiar with the silver C-500. In fact, I bought all the parts from the guy in Milwaukee that bought the car from Dave. The NOS trunk lid on my car was suppose to go on the silver car. I don't know what happened to the silver car after it disappeared from Milwaukee. I keep watching for it though. Not too many silver 500's with red interior. MsMopar

barnfindcuda

???i guess this car really must be in hiding or fell off the edge of the earth!, lol, this trail went very dead!  thanks for all the input people, this is a great site! :icon_smile_cool: