News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what is with the lookie loes these days

Started by 70charginglizard, February 12, 2007, 03:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

Reminds me of when me and my dad had this guy (who drove a ford falcon) kept coming to our house every week because he wanted to buy my Charger because he wanted to cut a chunk out of the rear of the car for his friends 69. We told him to go away and its not for sale over and over and over and he kept coming back. Then one day I was home alone, he knocked and I opened the door. He asked if my dad was there, he wanted to talk about the Charger. I said "the car is not for sale, Id think u would take the hint after 9 failed tries, so go away and leave us alone". Needless to say, he never came back.

And I went to this guys house over the weekend and asked him if I could take some pictures of his rotting 68 Charger (the one me and CHARGER PUNK have gone and seen) and I knocked at the door and I said Hi, may I take pictures of the Charger and this old lady said its not for sale, i replyed i know, i just want to take some pictures and she said my husband will be down in a second. So he comes down and hes like, its not for sale, and i said i just want to take some pictures of it and he said well why, its covered up and i said because Chargers are my favorite car and Id like to put the pics of it on my website and he said again, well why, its covered up. I said fine, whatever and I left. I watched him and his wife leave in their truck, I came back and took these pictures.

Btw, this is the car that I was talking about a long time ago. The one where the owner said it was a 69 RT with 68 fenders and the Matt (Charger Punk) found out it was a 68 318 car.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1971 Charger R/T: B5 Blue 440 Automatic
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1970 GTO: 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: 340 Automatic

RD

This is why I will just direct any lookie loos to my license plate, which will read:

NT4SALE

or

NOT4SEL

:D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

genlee1970

Quote from: FastbackJon on February 12, 2007, 06:19:49 PM
Instead of saying it isn't for sale, just say $100,000. I'm really attached to my first Charger too, but for $100,000..... I think I could buy another one and get really attached to it.

I agree. I've told people $130,000 for the same reason. They ask me how I arrived at that number. My answer was simple and will sound somewhat familiar. I've wanted a GL since I was 12 and now, at 39, I have one. I spent 2 years of my life buiding this car and probably more than $20,000. If I were to sell the car I would want another one immediately so why would I sell it, only to have to spend 2 more years of my life and $30,000 (price inflation) to get something I already have. After all, I can always make more money but I only have a finite amount of time, and I don't know when it's going to be used up. Anyway, I tell them, the math breaks down as follows: 2 years of my life X $50,000 a year plus $30,000 for project car and parts = $130,000. That way I could build another and pay off my mortgage. Thankfully they walk away and nobody's called me on it. I mean, I'd do it, but it'd hurt. Which brings up another point. Some people ask why I worry about my car getting stolen or totalled, after all it's insured for the replacement cost right? It's not so much the money, it's the blood sweat, tears and beers that went into it, and the 22,000 awesome, memory making miles I've put on it the last 3 seasons. Priceless. :drive: They just don't get it. Then there are those who think I'm crazy for driving it "It's so nice,I'd be afraid it would get wrecked...." It's a car, man, meant to be driven. It'd be like having Jessica Simpson as a wife and not........... :bump:

MOPARHOUND!

Heck, if there not at the door, there sending me letters.

Just received one addressed to "Challenger Owner".  Letter had the guys phone #, and inquired if my 2 Challengers were for sale in the next few months.  (There Chargers, LOL).
1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Blue Pentastar

I would like to say I totally understand just be careful what you say. You might accidently sell it. I have a friend who has lost 2 mustangs that he built and really liked because he said a price he thought was high. The other point is make sure the garage stays closed when not around or you might come home to find no car. Mine stays locked in the garage and usually has stuff piled behind it to slow things down at least.

Mike Schrader :Twocents:
69 Charger White Hat Special  
04 Chrysler 300M Special
99 Ram 3500 Dually Diesel

jmanscharger

It amazes me that some people think they can bull you into selling them your car. On the flip side I have experienced advertised cars where the owner decided not to sell, you can always change your mind.
1968 Silver Charger RT
1969 Yellow Charger 440
1969 Charger General Lee Replica (rescued W.VA car)
1970 Charger RT Daytona Replica
Previous Chargers Owned 66, 68(2), 69(2), 70(3)

Charger1973

Be glad you have a garage.  I keep mine blocked in with my 79 Blazer just incase.