News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MPH TOP SPEED, HOW FAST HAVE YOU GONE (ON LAND)?

Started by skip68, February 13, 2007, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MorePwr

140 in my buddys 72 383 beater Chally, decades ago. bad shocks, bad tires, loose front end and too much vodka. stupid, stupid kids! funner than hell though :devil:

And a trip to Spokane from Seattle once in a 72 Merc Marguis in three hours, including a fuel stop at about the halfway point in George WA.
340 miles in three hours and 60 gallons of gas. The 120 speedo, pointer was showing it's backside most of the way.

gtx6970

Speedo said 145, but felt more  like 200 mph - on a Suziki GSX R 750

Approx 125 in a 1969 GTX vert, my mother in law was in the back seat  Screaming her  head off, I couldn't hear a word she said with wind buffeting around the interior,,,,,top was down and I was loving it.

I guess I finally grew up a bit,,,,,,, I Haven't been over about 75 in last 10 years at least

RD

148mph as stated by the 68 Charger that was trying to pass me, but didn't :D

73 Charger SE, 400-2V, 2.76 gears.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

mikepmcs

137 indicated over the woodrow wilson bridge from Va to Md in a 91 vette.

Not crazy on the 1/8th, on my Z1 Kawi but lots of fun. 

135 past the Fairfax County Police on my  83' GPZ 1100. didn't even pull out cause he knew it was me and I used to let let all the Fairfax County, Va police bowl for free after we closed and poured them beer for free. Back in 86'

Wrapped out on the autobahn in Germany in a Mercedes.  Didn't dare to look down. That one was the fastest for me ever.

112 in a Honda CRX with me hanging out the sunroof, I wasn't driving, not my best moment.

Once again in the vette going from Waldorf Md to Andrews AFB, D.C.,  Kicking a Mustang Saleens butt.

Many times over 120 in my 01 vette. 

And... the big one 237 MPH indicated on a 04 Kawi ZX6RR down in Virginia International Raceway.  I wasn't driving, but used to own a small race team(2 years ago).  My buddy, who roadraced the bike is a nutjob!!!  Here's a pic of that same day he did that .  Before the end of that race he totalled the bike at 170+.  That cost me some coin!!! We don't race anymore.  LOL
I drive an Ironhorse now.

v/r
Mike

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

skip68

The 237mph doesn't count.  You have to be in the car or on the bike.  :slap:  Nice try Mike.  NO SOUP FOR YOU! :haha:  So far it looks like I'm the biggest DUMMY here at 194mph but NYCMille is real close.  THIS IS FOR ALL YOU YOUNG GUY'S OUT THERE READING THIS.  THIS IS NOT SOMETHING YOU SHOULD DO ON THE STREET.  TAKE IT TO THE TRACK.      Chuck......................
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

volk68

Been over 100 mph several times, but never over 130.

Hit 120 in an old Trans Am, 125 on a Honda Goldwing, 130 in my 73 Satellite, and the fastest 0-130-0 blast I've ever experienced was on a Yamaha FZR750. 

I've never really felt insecure or unsafe at those speeds, but I haven't taken my Charger anywhere near that yet....and I've aged a bit since then, so maybe it won't feel so pedestrian next time  :icon_smile_tongue:

Afflyer

I hit 125MPH the first time I got behind the wheel of my father's Hemi Magnum.  He was riding shotgun too.  It was so funny- we went down I-10 for only four miles, from one exit to the next, swirving my dad's handicapped Indiana tags through interstate traffic, blasting off everybody's doors with the Hemi "hammer down"!!!

Bradley  :devil:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

tan top

55mph , had  more to give ! with 2:94gears   :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

kripledbybuick

I built a 1990 Yamaha FZR1000 from the ground up back in 2000... I remember being up by the pinacles out on 25 leading a pack of my ducati buddies at 168 mph. I could have kept going but no one else could go that fast and I was way far ahead and could hardly see anyone behind me. I used to have a web site for all that stuff... I think it was http://jasons_fzr1000.tripod.com/fzr1000site/ I'll check the link later to see if that's right. I also just got my first 69 charger! Patrick pulled it out of the mud and is going to strip it down in a few weeks! Hey has any one seen dads 69 around? I have to tell him I'm still here so he believes I'm not a hellpag spy!  :icon_smile_wink:

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

70charginglizard

Ludicrous speed....thats all Im going to say...lol
70charginglizard

Vainglory, Esq.

QuoteAnd... the big one 237 MPH indicated on a 04 Kawi ZX6RR down in Virginia International Raceway.  I wasn't driving, but used to own a small race team(2 years ago).  My buddy, who roadraced the bike is a nutjob!!!  Here's a pic of that same day he did that .  Before the end of that race he totalled the bike at 170+.  That cost me some coin!!! We don't race anymore.  LOL
I drive an Ironhorse now.

Those look like treaded tires in that picture - in fact, they look like Pirelli Diablos for wet conditions.  Was it raining earlier?

It'd be very impressive to reach those speeds in the wet, but not too surprising if that's why he went down.

mikepmcs

Always Michelin!  No wet in the pic or that day, we always ran Michelin.
edit, i should have said they were Race Pilot's as well,

He wrecked cause he was screwing with another guy forever, and that guy was blocking for his teammate(not smart at that speed but it happens).  They bumped a few times and the 3rd bump took them both out.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Vainglory, Esq.

Interesting - Pilot Powers?

I got a set of those on my VFR shortly before I hit the deer with it.  They're a really nice tire.

NYCMille

QuoteI'm the biggest DUMMY here at 194mph but NYCMille is real close
- hmm... what if I said it was for television... would that count?

Mikepmcs / Vainglory - glad to see I'm not the only one into doing a little track time - Vain, I also had a 2000 VFR Bananna Yellow... and your right, never could break the 150mph mark on that bike... now my RSV MILLE... that was a fun ride.

skip68

Quote from: NYCMille on February 14, 2007, 08:28:41 AM
QuoteI'm the biggest DUMMY here at 194mph but NYCMille is real close
- hmm... what if I said it was for television... would that count?

Yes it counts.  I hope to hit a track day someday soon while I can still ride.  :icon_smile_cool:  All the years (about 20) and all the bikes (12) and I've never done a track day.  :rotz:  I've allways wanted to to see how good I was and if I could make qualifying times. I've riden with guys in the canyons that go to the track and have done well.  I am aggressive but I can tell I'm not as fast as I used to be.  I've said it to my wife and my friends that this is my last fast bike.(R1)  I'm going to see if there is a track here in TN. this summer and try and go at least once even though I'd probably get stomped by some kid.  :yesnod: I think I would have so much fun if the wife lets me.  She thinks I'm an idiot and too old.  :rotz:   Chuck.................
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Vainglory, Esq.

QuoteVain, I also had a 2000 VFR Bananna Yellow... and your right, never could break the 150mph mark

I had the same bike exactly.  Maybe they tested it to 150 while going downhill with a tailwind. ::)

I've hit the track with a CBR6, and now that I don't have a bike, I'm looking to buy a new 6RR.  If/when I do, I'll be all over that track.

HITMAN 149

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on February 13, 2007, 11:51:28 AM
Fastest in a 4-wheeled vehicle was an indicated 135-140.

Fastest on a bike wan an indicated 145. I'll tell you though, going fast on a bike is a LOT different than in a car. You get there a lot quicker & your senses are all dialed in at 100%. It's a blast...right up until you catch a groove in the road & get into a frame wobble, then the 'pucker factor' comes into play. :o :lol:
big difference between a bike & car!!!!!!!!! HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!! diff!!!!
oh yea charger fan......the pucker factor!!!! hahahaha i calms you right down for a bit....then you get the stupid itch again!!!!! it's like a viscious cycle!!! hahahaha

fastest on my bike 01 hot rod harley dresser.... the needle gets burried at 120....all the time!! i usually cruise on the highway at least 85-90!!!

i had a 2001 cadiilac sts...thing was like a 4 dr vette,300hp!!!! (sold it to buy the house...better investment!!! :yesnod:) i got clocked on rt 17 by paramus P.D. at 145mph.... i pulled right over & waited for him...he didn't even have the chance to put his lights on!!! hahahaha... of course membership has it's priveleges!!! just like the american express card....i never leave home w/out my badge!!! :icon_smile_big:

another time a few years ago i swapped my friend, my dodge ram truck for his 1999 6 speed vette for a week!!! oh boy!!!!! i hit the top of the bayonne bridge doing 155mph in 4th gear,(still had 2 gears left....but sorta ran outta room to use them!!!!) comming from SI NY...going to work one sunday night!!!! i made it from the verazzano bridge in SI...to HQ in hoboken in 16.25 min w/ the vette!!! funny thing is the next morn...i get pulled by a tropper for doing a dead  :icon_smile_dead:70mph on the turnpike going home!!! hahahaha...i asked him...where where you last night?!?!?!?!?
:devil:

68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

MorePwr

HITMAN 149

pwr....... i've NEVER written 1 speeding ticket!!! i'd be the biggest hypocrit!!! hahahaha
hoboken is only a 1 square mile city!!!! we don't  do radar anymore?!?!?! none of the cars have them anymore.
i've had my crown vic up to @125 on the pulaski skyway on the way back from droping off someone at the county jail.... gee i hope they never check the GPS records for that day!!!!!!!!! ::) oh boy!!!!!!!!
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

MorePwr

Quote from: hobobum149 on February 14, 2007, 04:36:33 PM
pwr....... i've NEVER written 1 speeding ticket!!! i'd be the biggest hypocrit!!! hahahaha
hoboken is only a 1 square mile city!!!! we don't  do radar anymore?!?!?! none of the cars have them anymore.
i've had my crown vic up to @125 on the pulaski skyway on the way back from droping off someone at the county jail.... gee i hope they never check the GPS records for that day!!!!!!!!! ::) oh boy!!!!!!!!

Man a town where it's legal to speed. my dream town :icon_smile_tongue:

HITMAN 149

hey... i didn't say it was legal to speed... we just don't do radar...town is to small..... and i could just use "reckless driving: instead of "speeding" hahahahaha!!!!!!!  GOT-YA!!!!!!
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

mikepmcs

I'd like to live there, seems like it's a cool little town.  Not to speed though cause I never do that.  Do they have some cool bars there John.  I really need to make that trip there this summer for the bike/car fest!!!
I don't know if I can take the Ironhorse thrashing from Maine to Jersey though.LOL
v/r
Mike

HITMAN 149

hoboken....
land of restaurants..... bars... & double parked cars!!!!!!!!! hahaha
yea it's a cool party town on the weekends!!!tons of bars!!! ya-hoooo time!!! lol verrry expensive to live here!!!! it's like 1 square mile of NYC.... but on the jersey side!!  we're right across from NYC...great views!!!!!
that would be great if you could make it down for the show in may.... if ya need..let me know cause we get (the club) a good rate at a nice hotel in the area right down the road.....from the club house. 
hmmmm yea...i'm not toooo sure about an ironhorse ride all the way down from maine!!!! OUCH!!!!!
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

mikepmcs

I'm actually thinking on stuffing the Outlaw in the back of my truck and hauling the 55 Chevy down there in the trailer.  Unfortunately that will leave "The General" at home.
But I'm by myself so there it is, can't bring all 3 and until I really get some miles on the 69, I don't want to chance the drive.  I guess I could always stuff the Charger in the trailer, hmmmmm.

Thanks for the offer on the hotel and I will definitely contact you if I can make it.  May is a long ways away, specially looking out the window today. :rotz:
Never know what can happen but i'll be on terminal leave so it's feasible if i'm not forced to double dip and get a job before june.

Hell, i'm still trying to figure out how to get to Mopars at the Strip.LOL
v/r
Mike