News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 Daytona on E Bay (purple one from Kansas)

Started by johntpr, February 17, 2007, 07:15:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winga

Punk.........................................where's the pics of the Modtop daytona?...........................................been waiting to see those?

69_500

I don't think I recall anyone calling the owner of the Walter Melon Daytona EVIL. I find him rather enjoyable to chat with. Have only talked to him 2 times at a show, but was very friendly. Even though I'm just a 500 owner, and not an owner of a real wing car.

Winga

Quote from: 69_500 on February 24, 2007, 04:21:58 PM
I don't think I recall anyone calling the owner of the Walter Melon Daytona EVIL. I find him rather enjoyable to chat with. Have only talked to him 2 times at a show, but was very friendly. Even though I'm just a 500 owner, and not an owner of a real wing car.

You probally talked to Gary (G-Series)...................................Mr Evil/ Mr. Angry (Mike/Dayclona) owns the Walter Melon Daytona, ................he speaks to very few people.............................................. :flame:....................you know Mike when you see him, always dressed in black,....................like an undertaker :icon_smile_evil:

Ghoste

Does that good old American profit count even if the hype is based on a loosely held urban myth?  I'm certainly not accusing the good Mr. Junneman of misrepresenting the car nor would I ever accuse the kindly folks at Top Shelf of doing so.  I'm just asking if this need to get all the money, the good old American way is still a fair shake at the altar of free market if part of that hype is based on bad or even just questionable info?
I only ask as a poor sap on the other side of the fence because I have sold a few cars over the years and even though I wanted to get a fair price for my efforts, I also wanted to be able to hold my head up at the end of the day.  Being a happy camper in the Western Way of Life is good and all but I was also told that a man is measured by his word.

Ghoste

Quote from: Top_Shelf_reps on February 24, 2007, 01:20:56 PM
If you know anything about the bay, most cars sold never meet reserve.

Which tells me that most reserves are just pointless fishing numbers.  Whatever happened to "this is what I'm selling and I want X dollars" and then just accepting the best offer that came in that you could live with?  Oh, well.

Winga

Quote from: Ghoste on February 24, 2007, 04:44:49 PM
Does that good old American profit count even if the hype is based on a loosely held urban myth?  I'm certainly not accusing the good Mr. Junneman of misrepresenting the car nor would I ever accuse the kindly folks at Top Shelf of doing so.  I'm just asking if this need to get all the money, the good old American way is still a fair shake at the altar of free market if part of that hype is based on bad or even just questionable info?
I only ask as a poor sap on the other side of the fence because I have sold a few cars over the years and even though I wanted to get a fair price for my efforts, I also wanted to be able to hold my head up at the end of the day.  Being a happy camper in the Western Way of Life is good and all but I was also told that a man is measured by his word.

Hey,Ghoste..................................I didn't make the rules of life,..............we're all pawns on the "chessboard" of life, the game is to outlast the others..............................................as far as hypeing,.............look at the stupid amounts of $$$$$$$$$$$$$ paid to ballplayers, the ludicrirst amounts of $$$$$$$$$$$$$troweled in by televangilists........................the list goes on,...............and if you want to be part of it, fine!..........if not? sit it out!..............to each his own

Ghoste

I think your missing my point.  You stated that we are pissing and moaning about this car because we don't own it and that if we did, we'd want all the hype that goes with it.  Well, you're wrong.  I wouldn't want to portray a car as something it wasn't and I wouldn't want others doing it for me (I'm thinking more of the many magazine articles over the years than I am Top Shelf here) while I quietly take advantage of the publicity for the good of lining my wallet.
As for comparing it to a ballplayer salary, I think I am missing your point with that one.  The only way I can relate it to this would be if no one had actually seen the guy play but his agent was able to convince a team that his boy was the greatest man to ever pick up a glove.  If that same agent were able to get a salary paid up front based on such a performance with ever having to prove the players worth, then it's a good analogy.
Those aren't the rules of life, those are the choices of life, but we digress into semantics at that point.

dkn1997

Quote from: Ghoste on February 24, 2007, 06:58:24 PM
I think your missing my point.  You stated that we are pissing and moaning about this car because we don't own it and that if we did, we'd want all the hype that goes with it.  Well, you're wrong.  I wouldn't want to portray a car as something it wasn't and I wouldn't want others doing it for me (I'm thinking more of the many magazine articles over the years than I am Top Shelf here) while I quietly take advantage of the publicity for the good of lining my wallet.
As for comparing it to a ballplayer salary, I think I am missing your point with that one.  The only way I can relate it to this would be if no one had actually seen the guy play but his agent was able to convince a team that his boy was the greatest man to ever pick up a glove.  If that same agent were able to get a salary paid up front based on such a performance with ever having to prove the players worth, then it's a good analogy.
Those aren't the rules of life, those are the choices of life, but we digress into semantics at that point.

that car would be a bit like signing what you thought was Derek Jeter to a long term deal.  Unfortunately, the first day of training camp, Eric Jeter shows up.  He is his twin brother, except he's bald and does not play ball quite so well.....
RECHRGED

Winga

I'm in no way saying the car (Daytona) is worth the money they want for it,...........in fact I think none of the cars are worth the money people are paying for them today, numbers matching, one owner, 1 of whatever built,..............look at the guy that paid 5 million for Shelbys Supersnake!..........I'd have better things to do with that money!....................however if I'm on the other side of the fence, and your shoveling money in my pocket because I told you "pigs fly",...............I'll take your money...................if it makes you sleep easier at night knowing that your numbers matching, one owner,low mileage, all paperwork, gold certifcated with the original owner smell of "ass" in the drivers seat car that you purchased................then you've been duped by hype believing thats where your money should be spent,........It's just a MACHINE,...........you can build a replica/ clone,or one off creation that would out perform it in all aspects!................unless your purchase is for the sole fact of further profit from people duped into the hype of thinking this is where to spend your money..............if we all lived in a picture perfect world.............would we hear things like,.........Gee I'll sell you my house for what I have into it,I don't want make a profit, I want to wake up the next day with my head held high, knowing I did a good thing,..........not! I'm going to hype my property, get maximum dollars! even if it is the roach motel...................in life there's buyers and sellers...........just boils down to who has the best sales savy/ pitch ....................if you don't like it, move on theres other people in line who might?

daytonalo

Sounds like someone needs a hug !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :smilie_help:

dkn1997

Quote from: Winga on February 24, 2007, 10:19:17 PM
I'm in no way saying the car (Daytona) is worth the money they want for it,...........in fact I think none of the cars are worth the money people are paying for them today, numbers matching, one owner, 1 of whatever built,..............look at the guy that paid 5 million for Shelbys Supersnake!..........I'd have better things to do with that money!....................however if I'm on the other side of the fence, and your shoveling money in my pocket because I told you "pigs fly",...............I'll take your money...................if it makes you sleep easier at night knowing that your numbers matching, one owner,low mileage, all paperwork, gold certifcated with the original owner smell of "ass" in the drivers seat car that you purchased................then you've been duped by hype believing thats where your money should be spent,........It's just a MACHINE,...........you can build a replica/ clone,or one off creation that would out perform it in all aspects!................unless your purchase is for the sole fact of further profit from people duped into the hype of thinking this is where to spend your money..............if we all lived in a picture perfect world.............would we hear things like,.........Gee I'll sell you my house for what I have into it,I don't want make a profit, I want to wake up the next day with my head held high, knowing I did a good thing,..........not! I'm going to hype my property, get maximum dollars! even if it is the roach motel...................in life there's buyers and sellers...........just boils down to who has the best sales savy/ pitch ....................if you don't like it, move on theres other people in line who might?

It depends on what your version of "pigs fly" is.  There is a line that can be crossed when pitching your item.   the line gets crossed when you say stuff that's not true or you make an attempt to be deceptive.  This auction makes some claims that I don't understand fully and maybe someone here with more wingcar knowledge can explain it:   factory welds that he talks about. would a daytona have welds done on the assembly lines that any other r/t charger would not have?  unless the factory welded on them differently before they went to creative, then this assertion by the purple car seller does not make sense to me.  I realize that it's one small part of the overall description, but if the seller is misleading on that, then what else is going on?   

probably a moot point anyway,  it's pretty clear he was just testing the waters because I don't know anyone who's going to dump 200k+ based on a single paragraph and some pictures.

RECHRGED

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

69_500

Actually I've talked to all of the people at Dayclona. Haven't met a mean on there yet, in person anyways. Thats beside the point.

Not that I have any more points to make about the 70 car either though.

Winga

Quote from: dkn1997 on February 25, 2007, 11:10:55 AM
Quote from: Winga on February 24, 2007, 10:19:17 PM......It's just a MACHINE,....

It depends on what your version of "pigs fly" is.  There is a line that can be crossed when pitching your item.   the line gets crossed when you say stuff that's not true or you make an attempt to be deceptive.  This auction makes some claims that I don't understand fully and maybe someone here with more wingcar knowledge can explain it:   factory welds that he talks about. would a daytona have welds done on the assembly lines that any other r/t charger would not have?  unless the factory welded on them differently before they went to creative, then this assertion by the purple car seller does not make sense to me.  I realize that it's one small part of the overall description, but if the seller is misleading on that, then what else is going on?   

probably a moot point anyway,  it's pretty clear he was just testing the waters because I don't know anyone who's going to dump 200k+ based on a single paragraph and some pictures.

If you've been involved with Wingcars for at least 25+ years.............you'd know the history of this car,.....it's been around some 37 years!,........it wasn't made yesterday!.......it didn't pop out of the woodwork recently, claiming to have been around this long.......it just has!......as far as some descriptions in the add, and or claims, how many times have we seen an add for a mopar claiming a "frame-off" restoration?., or has "posi" rearend? or equipped with "tri-power"?............yes sometimes things get lost in the advertisement transformation,........................and as far as the "fine line".......yes, being deceptive is wrong, if your knowingly perpertrating a hoax!....................example: the "clown"  who had a peice of "French toast" on Ebay, claiming the face of "Christ" could be seen in it (give me a f@&*kin break!) ...............got bid up to $45,000 , some poor disillusioned chump parted with $45k for some soggy bread! (but I'm sure his duranged  mine is happy?).............now was the seller perping a hoax?...........behaps he was , or perhaps he was disillusioned by his belief in a religion, or mentally deranged?.........who knows, WHO CARES!............like I said ,in life there's buyers and their's sellers,........one mans snake oil is another mans medicine,..................if you don't want it , move aside,............. there's others in line who might?

mikepmcs

I'm going to go buy a toaster and a loaf of bread right now.  Are you kidding me??  45k.  Sorry to hijack.... but that was insane.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Moparmatty

Quote from: Winga on February 24, 2007, 04:31:10 PM
You probally talked to Gary (G-Series)...................................Mr Evil/ Mr. Angry (Mike/Dayclona) owns the Walter Melon Daytona, ................he speaks to very few people.............................................. :flame:....................you know Mike when you see him, always dressed in black,....................like an undertaker :icon_smile_evil:

No offense to Gary.  He is never the first one I notice when walking by or entering the Dayclona spots at Carlisle.  LMFAO!!!!!!!  I'm sure a few of you know what I am talking about.  LOL!!!!

You'd be hard pressed to find a nicer bunch of people than the Dayclona Crew.  Always glad I stop by to chat with them at Carlisle.

Matt Tebbutt
Ontario, Canada

69_500

Gary isn't hard to spot at any of the events I've met Dayclona at.
I talk to Pete who doesn't even work for them, the most at events.

MOPARHOUND!

Quote from: 69_500 on February 24, 2007, 09:41:36 AM
Look at it from the sellers point of view. Why should he sell it for $200K? It generates so much buzz, that I'm sure it increases the amount of visitors to the museum each year that he advertises it. The listing fee's could be looked at like cheap advertisement.

Which museum?  The one he had it in got bulldozed several years ago.

Here is it's last known residence.  Mr. Tornado gave him a scare:

1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

hemigeno

PocketThunder

Quote from: hemigeno on February 26, 2007, 03:36:15 PM
Quote from: MOPARHOUND! on February 26, 2007, 03:13:29 PM
Mr. Tornado gave him a scare:

I can see why!

:o  :scared:

If i lived in Tornado Alley my next garage would have a basement with a lower ramp from the back or something..  Holy Smokes that was close!  :o
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."