News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Intake Casting Number help and choke stove help!

Started by cudaken, September 05, 2005, 08:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudaken

I posted this before and got wrong answers but may be one.

First what year is a intake casting number 3614014, I am guessing it around 1971 to 72, square bore carb.

Second, will a Felpo 1215 Intake seal off the heat cross over into the intake?

I had many on a other posting that there would be no exhaust leak's with the choke stove missing. That is the real problem, none on the other intakes I have.

Tested there second guessing today. Ran a 20" wire into the right header, went all the way down in the small hole in the head for the heat cross over passage.

If anyone can bring a trailer and $16,000.00 in cash to my house you can have the whole F--king mess. I swear to God this project has just about beat me. There is $12,000.00 in the 440 alone!

Having a Supercharged engine has been a dream sense I was 14, now it is a nightmare.

Intake is just for break in I will add.

Cufa Ken

PS, not kidding at this point about selling it. Rather dump money in Miss Lumpy at this point.
I am back

Badbob

Ken, I was thinking about your problem, could it be that your intake has EGR ports? Any chance you could post a picture?

tecmopar

The 1215 gasket does block off the crossover. But before you buy another gasket, check the choke well, there shouldn't be a hole into the crossover passage, it just used the radiant heat to operate the choke, otherwise you would have exhaust gasses entering the engine compartment which could be dangerous. Also the # you gave is from a '72. You should be able to use this manifold for break-in with no problems, good luck.

firefighter3931

Quote from: tecmopar on September 06, 2005, 01:52:34 AM
But before you buy another gasket, check the choke well, there shouldn't be a hole into the crossover passage, it just used the radiant heat to operate the choke, otherwise you would have exhaust gasses entering the engine compartment which could be dangerous.

:iagree: Your manifold has a hole that shouldn't be there   :D   Seriously, as techmopar stated, the heat transfer is rediant/conductive. The 1215 gasket will block it off either way. Get that puppy fired up and broken in....we need some burnout shots.   :devil:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

cudaken

You are all right and I am a F--king Idot! There is no hole in the intake, I am seeing stuff. Yep after 400,000 mile being pulled around by Big Block Mopar's I know nothing. The big hole is for the carburetor! Not the choke well, bot I am a dumb shit.

By the way, I am 14 year's old as well. My 69 Charger was made by Ertil not Dodge as well.

What color should I paint my intake and Carb as well. Also what is the best way hook Neon Light's up to the hearder's?

Village Idot
I am back

John_Kunkel

Yep, the '70 and later choke well goes straight into the crossover instead of the earlier isolated well.

There is a stamped steel "bucket" with a hi-temp gasket that sandwiches between the manifold casting and the choke thermostat.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

firefighter3931

Quote from: cudaken on September 06, 2005, 01:14:48 PM
You are all right and I am a F--king Idot! There is no hole in the intake, I am seeing stuff. Yep after 400,000 mile being pulled around by Big Block Mopar's I know nothing. The big hole is for the carburetor! Not the choke well, bot I am a dumb shit.

By the way, I am 14 year's old as well. My 69 Charger was made by Ertil not Dodge as well.

What color should I paint my intake and Carb as well. Also what is the best way hook Neon Light's up to the hearder's?

Village Idot

Geez Ken, lighten up man....you're gonna give yourself a heart attack. No one was doubting you when you said there was a hole in the choke well...at least i wasn't. I stated that it shouldn't be there. The 1215 gasket will seal off the heat crossover so even if there was a hole in the choke well....the warm air won't get there because the gasket will stop it. I reread my response to your post in the other thread and i didn't explain it very well. I should have re-itterated that hot gases won't reach the chokewell with the 1215 intake gasket instead of saying that there were no hot gasses passing through the heat passages....my mistake.   :spank:

I think you've got another problem.....the oil pump drive won't work very well in that location.   :D Just grab a 1215 gasket at the parts house and get -r-done.   ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

firefighter3931

Quote from: John_Kunkel on September 06, 2005, 02:06:21 PM
Yep, the '70 and later choke well goes straight into the crossover instead of the earlier isolated well.

There is a stamped steel "bucket" with a hi-temp gasket that sandwiches between the manifold casting and the choke thermostat.

Thanks John, i just learned something today. I usually don't pay attention to stock manifolds and quite frankly have never run one. The Eddy Performer and Holley Sreet Dominator which have choke wells don't have any holes in them. The tm7, torker and team G's that i've used in the past don't even have a choke well at all. I stand corrected. The last 68 intake manifold i had sure didn't have a hole in the chokewell and i mistakenly assumed they were all the same.   :-[

Ron

cudaken

Soory guy's, I know you are just trying to help, but I felt like venting.

Firefighter, you of all the people here should know I have a clue. I never clamied to know everything but you should no I am not a newbie to this game.

Badbob, soory the turn signal is for a 69 Valiant   ;D EGR port's are behind the carb on a BB.

Tecmopar I don't know your name so you may not know mine either. Thank you on the part number and it is on order. Can use the paper gaskets for the blower intake so not a total waste of money.

Pic I posted. Race Hemi Orange is the intake with the oil pump drive hanging out of it that I will be useing. Burred PIC is of another intake I have that show's the hole that should not be there. :angel: It is hard to see but it as well goes all the way thru as well.

If you are all heavy gear head's like my self I understand why you may not remember detail's of stock engines. That is why I started the first posting, this is the first factory intake I have ran sense God, 25 year's?   Plus with it being a 72 to boot, I only owned one 73 Mopar and all I did was drive the land barge.   New Yoker Town and Contry Wagon. Fun car but ulgy, that was the fun part.

Right again, Cuda Ken                           

I am back