News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A question for the law enforcement members on the board......>>>>

Started by Johnny SixPack, September 05, 2005, 10:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny SixPack

How much does the personality / demeanor of the person you've pulled over play into you either citing or warning them?

Yeah, there's a reason for asking. ;D

I got pulled over for speeding tonight (56 in a 45 was his explanation), but as always I was respectful of the officer, cooperated fully and was let off with a warning.

Same deal for making a completely flagrant illegal U-turn while in Detroit.

The officer in Detroit had me dead to rights, and I told him so, but let me off after running my license/insurance and a quick search of the vehicle.

I've known friends who were pulled over for similar things, or less, but were ticketed instead (they're kinda hotheaded reactionary types).

Just kinda had me thinking about that.

Thanks in advance.

Johnny

p.s. Honestly, I think the guy who pulled me over tonight just wanted to be the first officer to write up the Charger.   :P :laugh:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Drache

It plays alot to me. If someone acts like a total jerk then I know he doesn't feel bad for what he did. If someone is nice to me then I want to be nice to them. It also depends on how bad the infraction is.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Chargerguy74

Quote from: Drache on September 05, 2005, 10:24:56 PM
It plays alot to me. If someone acts like a total jerk then I know he doesn't feel bad for what he did. If someone is nice to me then I want to be nice to them. It also depends on how bad the infraction is.

you're a cop?
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

Wakko

Quote from: Chargerguy74 on September 06, 2005, 12:22:59 AM
you're a cop?

I'm not sure what's scarier...that or me being one.  ;)

Personality makes a TON of difference.  I've let some people off for craziest stuff if they just strike my right chord.  I've banged people for stupid stuff if they were an asshole.   :shruggy:
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Chargerguy74

Yeah I've been let off on thousands of dollars in fines once because of my "attitude and cooperation" but I think he just didn't want to do all the paper work......still made the paper though.

I have to admit I like being a prick to police when I've done nothing wrong and they're being dicks. It really goes both ways, depends what their attitude is. It's also fun telling them what they can't do. Don't worry Wakko I'm not like this to all of them, if they're nice guys I could be getting a $500 fine and still joke around or shoot the shit with them.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

Vainglory, Esq.

Here's a little story.

I'm in El Paso (the armpit of the world), and I get pulled over for doing 70 in a 60.  I'm very polite and all, but no second thoughts by the cop - I get a ticket.  I figure I'm done driving for the day, so my then-girlfriend (blonde, thin, fake tits) gets in and takes over.  20 minutes later, she's pulled over for going faster than I was.  The cop asks her to get out and proceeds to chat her up while I'm sitting in the passenger seat thinking wtf?  Ten minutes later the cop had apparently got his fix and she gets back in the car.  I'm like "what happened?"  She goes "he said he likes my bumper sticker."

WTF??!??!?

Wakko

I'd rather get a ticket than shove a watermelon through a hole originally two inches in diameter.   :drunk:
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

Vainglory, Esq.

Quote from: Wakko on September 06, 2005, 02:38:18 AM
I'd rather get a ticket than shove a watermelon through a hole originally two inches in diameter.     :drunk:

I was tempted to say "you win," until I realized who would be supporting that watermelon for the next two decades of its life. :P

Shakey

I thought you were a security guard Drache?

Chargerguy74

Quote from: Shakey on September 06, 2005, 06:25:43 AM

I thought you were a security guard Drache?

LOL

Telvis

I didn't write many tickets. You had to do something bad for me to stop you. I use to let a lot of people go with a verbal warning unless they were jerks. Especially the people who thought they knew more about my job than me. Attitude was everything for me. About five years ago the city began keeping track of all people stopped. They made us fill out a written warning notice for everyone we stopped and let go. There were some false allegations that the police were stopping a disproportionate amount of black people. After that if I stopped you there was definitely a ticket in your future.  I probably stopped less people though. I was always too busy answering calls to make traffic stops. We have a dedicated traffic unit here that does the majority of traffic stuff. Those guys are ruthless.

Drache

Im also a Volunteer Police Officer. I dont get to carry a gun (so you can all relax) but I get to do and act just like the other officers. We're paired up with a full time police officer so incase something happens at least ONE of us has a firearm.

I do have my firearms training certificate but in Canada Security Guards arent allowed to carry weapons... technically im not allowed even carrying my police baton but what the hell.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

last426

If the officer is alone often a hundred dollar bill slipped to him/her when showing your license works wonders.   If there are two cops, then be careful to slip it only to the guy writing the ticket -- usually the other one sits in the car, or wanders around.

Another way is to "be" part of some police force.  I am a member of the Citizen's Auxiliary Police and, as I used to tempt Gary Davis when he was around, would use those credentials as a salve between me and any other fellow Officer. Works wonders.

MoparUSAF

A sense of humor and honesty always plays a big part.
If the the guy you stop "admits" he made a "mistake" then what the heck let him go
If the guy can make me laugh....then I cut him free
Then again....I haven't writen a moving violation since Oct 1999

bad1032

If you have an attude or cry, most likey press hard your signing thru 5 copies.

Plumcrazy

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

Brock Samson

Quote from: last426 on September 06, 2005, 01:04:58 PM
If the officer is alone often a hundred dollar bill slipped to him/her when showing your license works wonders.   If there are two cops, then be careful to slip it only to the guy writing the ticket -- usually the other one sits in the car, or wanders around.

Another way is to "be" part of some police force.   I am a member of the Citizen's Auxiliary Police and, as I used to tempt Gary Davis when he was around, would use those credentials as a salve between me and any other fellow Officer. Works wonders.

I suspect that ifyou tried that ere youd get beaten and lose your $ tho

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Plumcrazy

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

bad1032

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Drache

Ok here's the only picture of the two of them I can find on short notice, it's two years old and it was christmas night! Sorry if it's too big....
Jodie is on the left... she's 28
Laura is on the right... she's 31

Neither of them are available lol

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Drache

Quote from: HalfastAMX on September 06, 2005, 09:56:57 PM
are they stoned? :icon_smile_cool:

If you read the post before looking at my cousins you'd see it was Christmas night... we were all drunk lol.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Wakko

Quote from: last426 on September 06, 2005, 01:04:58 PM
If the officer is alone often a hundred dollar bill slipped to him/her when showing your license works wonders.  If there are two cops, then be careful to slip it only to the guy writing the ticket -- usually the other one sits in the car, or wanders around.

Another way is to "be" part of some police force.  I am a member of the Citizen's Auxiliary Police and, as I used to tempt Gary Davis when he was around, would use those credentials as a salve between me and any other fellow Officer. Works wonders.

Yep, that works wonders for me.  I wonder how someone can be so stupid as to think that my CAREER is worth $100...and then I would take them to jail for it.  I've never had a bribe offered to me, but unless it's enough to make up for my loss of 1)job 2)retirement 3)self respect, it ain't gonna fly.
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM