News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"Certicard" is it rare?

Started by ViperDave, February 25, 2007, 07:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperDave

Found this while cleaning out the car today:

I am assuming it came with the car and would be farily rare.  Anyone seen one of these?  Comments?

Also, who can help with what the numbers mean?

XP29F 8G 242082
C6R PPI T5 SA 0518

Thanks,

Dave

Mean 318

all mopars had them... I duno how long they used them. Kool to have. someone might knw more

Ghoste

The Certicard was used from 66 through 68 and was for the dealer to use during warranty repairs.
The top line is the vin.  The second line will have the trim code, the paint code, the transmission type and the rear axle code followed by the scheduled build date.  The next lines, on the dymo labels, willbe the original owners name and address.
Yours decodes as a 1968 Charger powered by a 318 and built in St. Louis.  The sequence number is 242082.  The C6R is a red Charger interior, and the PP1 is bright red exterior.  The T5 is a Torqueflite automatic and the SA means a standard axle.  0518 means it was supposed to be built on May 18.

Charger-Bodie

original chargers as rare as youre are :icon_smile_cool:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Bones68charger

GTX

To my chagrin I've heard of them but never actually seen one and never owned one out of about 15 or 20 Mopars I've owned.

Ghoste

I imagine that once the warranty was up, they were just more useless junk going along for the ride.  They were kept in a little plastic sleeve underhood so that likely didn't help the survival rate any.  If it was a good system, Chrysler would have kept going with them after 1968 anyway.

TeeWJay426

I have the certicards for both my 66 Charger and 67 R/T. they are located in a little black plastic sleeve, on the back of the radiator support, to the left of the radiator. I would imagine it's one of those things that tends to be easily lost, particularly with a car that's undergone some repairs or disassembly over the years.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

41husk

I remember Cuda ken showing me one he had for his 68 RR,  He said his dad bought the car new when Ken was 17.  I think he still has that car, it is probably sitting in the same spot in the same need of repairs.  That would be a good project, but I am sure it has way to much sentimental value for him to ever get rid of it, but not enough to move the trains aside and put it in the garage ???
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

triple_green

I've got mine. Along with a receipt for the first tank of gas at 32.9 cents for premium.
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

ViperDave

Thanks to all for the information...now it's time to decode the fender tag...sure have the "bug" now!   

mikepmcs

This site should make that fender tag decode simple for you.

http://www.mopar1.us/build.html

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

BigBlackDodge

Riddle me this Batman..

I have one I pulled out of a junkyard car years ago.........early seventies Dart.

VIN - LH41D 65 171322

Which is a '71 four-door Dart. The date on the bottom of the scan is 12/30/66.

So did they go thru '71 then...?

BBD

mikepmcs

all I want to know is where did viper dave take that picture.   It looks like it was taken in outer space. 

M
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Chargerfanatic

They are not that rare. And really would only be valuable to the car it came with. As mentioned only 66-68. I had a 66 Coronet that had it but a few others I have did not. At one time there were people collecting them. I managed to get one off a 67 Coronet R/T before it was crushed.

87 Shelby GLHS

Ghoste

Quote from: BigBlackDodge on February 26, 2007, 06:46:46 PM
Riddle me this Batman..

I have one I pulled out of a junkyard car years ago.........early seventies Dart.

VIN - LH41D 65 171322

BBD

How do you get 71 Dart from that?  I read it as 1966, which would correspond to the in service date.

RogerDodger

Quote from: mikepmcs on February 26, 2007, 06:48:38 PM
all I want to know is where did viper dave take that picture.   It looks like it was taken in outer space. 

M

:iagree:

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: Ghoste on February 26, 2007, 07:07:53 PM
Quote from: BigBlackDodge on February 26, 2007, 06:46:46 PM
Riddle me this Batman..

VIN - LH41D 65 171322

BBD

How do you get 71 Dart from that?  I read it as 1966, which would correspond to the in service date.

Doh! I see the error of my ways! :P  Makes sense now.

BBD

Ghoste

Okay, good.  I thought I was missing something on it.

ViperDave

Quote from: mikepmcs on February 26, 2007, 06:48:38 PM

M

The final frontier.....or the granite counter top in my kitchen....as often as my wife cooks it's about the same as outer space.  ;D

mikepmcs

Hey if any of those shapes on the counter resemble the VM or Jesus, you could make some killer money selling chunks of it on ebay.

Just a thought.

v/r
Mike

TeeWJay426

Quote from: ViperDave on February 27, 2007, 08:41:30 AM
The final frontier.....or the granite counter top in my kitchen....as often as my wife cooks it's about the same as outer space.  ;D

Does she know that you're sharing this info with us? If so, her lack of cooking may be the least of your troubles..... :icon_smile_big:
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

ViperDave

Quote from: mikepmcs on February 26, 2007, 04:00:24 PM
This site should make that fender tag decode simple for you.

http://www.mopar1.us/build.html

v/r
Mike

Not simple enough....any help with this

54   76
         1    327
50 8 1 C6R PP1 R
XP29 41 5 33 518 152318

ViperDave

Quote from: TeeWJay426 on February 27, 2007, 08:47:05 AM
Quote from: ViperDave on February 27, 2007, 08:41:30 AM

Does she know that you're sharing this info with us? If so, her lack of cooking may be the least of your troubles..... :icon_smile_big:

Don't tell her.......and trust me, that's the least of my troubles!  Actually she's pretty good to put up with me and my "hobbies".