News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Starter Access Opening - Can anyone post pictures?

Started by 68mmcharger, September 06, 2005, 09:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68mmcharger

This is my first posting to this forum, but I have been reading it for some time. It's a great source of info. I am well along with restoring my 68: New floor pans, trunk floor and both quarter panels so far.

A previous owner enlarged the starter access opening and cut off the upper frame lip in the process. Can anyone post pictures of what this access opening is supposed to look like? Pictures from both sides would be real helpful.

palindromes

palindromes

Shakey

Welcome aboard!  Many helpful folks around here.

68mmcharger

Thanks, Palindromes and Shakey. Now I have something to go from. The oval hole with a lip is going to be tricky to duplicate.

69hemi

The oval opening is for the clutch cross shaft pivot ball support.  Since this is the same on all B-Bodies, the best bet is to get a cut from a parts car and just graft it in.
http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram

68mmcharger

Ok. I see. I guess I wouldn't need the opening with an automatic but it would be good to take it back to original as much as possible. Parts cars seem to be very rare in North Florida.

Thanks, Jet