News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mikey goes home again!

Started by The70RT, March 09, 2007, 07:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

:pity: He hit the wall. Oh well .....go NAPA :icon_smile_big:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TruckDriver

I'm willing to bet he makes less then half of the races this year. :rotz:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

70charginglizard

As the Mc D's commercial say...Im lovin it.
70charginglizard

Ponch ®

only 3 toyotas (out of 8) made it in - almendinger, jarrett (whos already used up 3 of his 6 allowable champs provisionals), and blaney.

I wonder if at some point Toyota might just throw its hands in the air (not likely, but it'd be fun to watch).

Mikey's in a pretty deep hole - with the -100 points he started with, he might as well have missed all 3 races.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

70charginglizard

Its classic.

Im absolutely lovin it.

Toyota go home. No one wants you here.

Did you hear all the cheering from the crowd when hit hit the wall. I was laughin my a__ off.
70charginglizard

NHCharger

Sadler starts second in Mayfield's old ride. Mayfield doesn't qualify for his third straight race. Again proving Mayfield has no business driving in cup.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Guns N Rotors

OK... I'll admit it. I am a Blaniac. That's right, Dave Blaney. I know he is driving a 'Yota but, I don't care what he drives. I will always cheer for Dave.

Dave is a local hometown hero. He's paid his dues on the dirt tracks of
America all his life. His family owns and operates a small dirt track called Sharon Speedway in Hartford, Ohio. I take my family there on Friday nights every chance we get. It's a blast! If you get a beer at the concession stand, chances are, that's Dave's Mom running the tap.

I also bought two new Caterpillar machines last year. It has been the best ownership experience of my life. Ohio Cat sent me and three of my friends to Michigan International Speedway last August for the race with a meet and greet with Dave. What an awesome weekend!

I met Bill Davis and most of the Cat racing crew. They are some of the finest people in the world. They didn't have the resources of Roush or
RCR, or DEI but they do now. I'm happy to see the underdogs get a shot. I think things will be different for Dave and BDR in '07.

Dave is just a normal, everyday kinda guy. Very down to Earth. He just has a really, really cool job. He's living his dream. I don't care if he's driving a Vespa scooter. He is my driver. He is the only reason I watch
NASCAR.

Go Cat racing machine!
                                                                                                  GnR
"Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighting aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be."

Vainglory, Esq.

Quote from: 70charginglizard on March 09, 2007, 09:41:55 PM
Its classic.

Im absolutely lovin it.

Did you hear all the cheering from the crowd when hit hit the wall. I was laughin my a__ off.

:iagree:

jackel440

Quote from: Vainglory on March 10, 2007, 02:32:24 AM
Its classic.

Im absolutely lovin it.

:yesnod:

:iagree:

chargerboy69

Its classic.

Im absolutely lovin it.

I totally agree.

You have to love the Toyota commercials, were at the end they say " NASCAR fans, thanks for having us". I always think to myself, nobody wants you here.

I was glad to hear Mikey did not make it again. That guy is such an ass-bag. It would be great if he did not make another race all year.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

The70RT

I think most of us are loving it. Did anyone see the front of Kasey's hood? - Im lovin it.

GO KASEY!

Shakey

I actually like the fact that Toyota is in NASCAR.   :yesnod:

I look forward to when they have all of the bugs ironed out of their program and start winning some races.  It may be a while yet, but it will happen.   :yesnod:

70charginglizard

Quote from: Shakey on March 12, 2007, 11:26:04 AM

I look forward to when they have all of the bugs ironed out of their program and start winning some races.  It may be a while yet, but it will happen.   :yesnod:

"bugs ironed out" You mean bugs like Waltrips team putting illigal substances in the exhaust manifolds to help make um run better. lol
70charginglizard

The70RT

Quote from: 70charginglizard on March 12, 2007, 02:02:00 PM

"bugs ironed out" You mean bugs like Waltrips team putting illigal substances in the exhaust manifolds to help make um run better. lol

LOL...I agree. They should of banned the bastards from jump street when they tried to cheat there way in at the start...they almost did. Thanks NASCAR fans......for what ? I don't see to many rooting for them. Tuck Foyota!

Ponch ®

Quote from: The70RT on March 12, 2007, 05:21:14 PM

LOL...I agree. They should of banned the bastards from jump street when they tried to cheat there way in at the start...they almost did. Thanks NASCAR fans......for what ? I don't see to many rooting for them. Tuck Foyota!

Please...if they banned everyone that cheated, there'd be no NASCAR.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

The70RT

Quote from: The Iceman on March 12, 2007, 05:26:39 PM

Maybe so but wait till your in the game to cheat not cheat your way in IMO!!!

Shakey

Quote from: The70RT on March 12, 2007, 05:32:35 PM

So you're saying, once a team has qualified for a race, it's OK to cheat?   :shruggy:

The70RT

Quote from: Shakey on March 12, 2007, 06:12:38 PM
Quote from: The70RT on March 12, 2007, 05:32:35 PM

So you're saying, once a team has qualified for a race, it's OK to cheat?   :shruggy:

it's a lot easier to stay on board after you get your foot in the door! First impressions are everything....aren't they? I think it boils down to most NASCAR fans are not Pro Toyota.....most on here agree I believe.

Troy

Geez, Dodge has had 50+ years of NASCAR experience and they can't seem to win a race either (excluding Montoya - the rookie Mexican F1 driver who actually knows how to turn right). ;)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Troy on March 12, 2007, 06:30:03 PM
Geez, Dodge has had 50+ years of NASCAR experience and they can't seem to win a race either (excluding Montoya - the rookie Mexican F1 driver who actually knows how to turn right). ;)

Troy

He's Colombian, son.

The70RT

Troy

I don't think you are a NASCAR fan.....Kasey Khane won 5 races last year. Montoya won a BUSCH race by taking his own team mate out on a RIGHT hand turn.....he won't last long like that.

Chris G.

Quote from: The Iceman on March 12, 2007, 06:38:36 PM

Troy

He's Colombian, son.

:lol:

But seriously, the Colombian guys I know and work with think they are the elite of the Latino's. They look down on Mexicans like they are worthless. Pretty funny to hear how they think.  ;)

Ghoste

They do have better drugs, or so I hear.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Ghoste on March 12, 2007, 07:15:59 PM
They do have better drugs, or so I hear.

Well, most of the yayo in the U.S. does origninate in Colombia, but it's the Mexicans that get it across the border...

Troy

Mexican, Columbian, either way he's still an F1 driver with a huge Latin fan base and not a corn fed redneck white guy. Had his teammate not tried to block him they'd have both finished the race up front. ;) I bet he lasts a lot longer than some people think (again, he's getting paid enough to stick around).

And no, I'm not a Nascar fan because my brain can't fathom watching guys drive slowly in a circle.

As for Dodge...
2006 7 wins, 2nd place - beat Ford by 1 point and 1 win but still trailed Chevy by 16 wins
2005 3 wins, last place (3rd) with 14 fewer wins than Chevy and 13 fewer than Ford
2004 4 wins, last place (3rd) with 18 fewer wins than Chevy and 6 fewer than Ford
2003 9 wins, 2nd place - less than half as many wins and 61 points behind Chevy
2002 7 wins, 3rd place - half as many wins as 1st place Ford and only beat Pontiac by 2 points
2001 4 wins, 4th place
That's 34 out of 216 races for a whopping 15% winning percentage since Dodge came back in 2001. Dodge didn't race in the Busch Series in 2001 but in 2002 they had 1 win which Toyota has already matched. The next year they only had 2 so at least they doubled their output.

You guys should love Toyota since they're making Dodge actually seem competitive... for the moment. :P

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.