News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mikey goes home again!

Started by The70RT, March 09, 2007, 07:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch ®

toyota won a Busch race? that's news to me....
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Troy

Sorry, I'm sleepy and read the page wrong. Dave Blaney has a 2nd and a 10th so far and is 3rd in points. He finished 13th once when Leffler finished 6th. Now I can't even find the page I got the stats from (nascar.com I'm sure).

OR, maybe I figured I could make up "facts" like everyone else for a change... :P

Edit: I must be real sleepy - go to any page on nascar.com and watch the green navigation items. They change right after the page loads. The guys who make the rules must be in charge... :D

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

The70RT

Quote from: Troy on March 12, 2007, 10:54:04 PM
Mexican, Columbian, either way he's still an F1 driver with a huge Latin fan base and not a corn fed redneck white guy. Had his teammate not tried to block him they'd have both finished the race up front. ;) I bet he lasts a lot longer than some people think (again, he's getting paid enough to stick around).

And no, I'm not a Nascar fan because my brain can't fathom watching guys drive slowly in a circle.

As for Dodge...
2006 7 wins, 2nd place - beat Ford by 1 point and 1 win but still trailed Chevy by 16 wins
2005 3 wins, last place (3rd) with 14 fewer wins than Chevy and 13 fewer than Ford
2004 4 wins, last place (3rd) with 18 fewer wins than Chevy and 6 fewer than Ford
2003 9 wins, 2nd place - less than half as many wins and 61 points behind Chevy
2002 7 wins, 3rd place - half as many wins as 1st place Ford and only beat Pontiac by 2 points
2001 4 wins, 4th place
That's 34 out of 216 races for a whopping 15% winning percentage since Dodge came back in 2001. Dodge didn't race in the Busch Series in 2001 but in 2002 they had 1 win which Toyota has already matched. The next year they only had 2 so at least they doubled their output.

You guys should love Toyota since they're making Dodge actually seem competitive... for the moment. :P

Troy

Sabates - Montoyas own owner said he screwed up and took his own team mate out. It was obvious.......Scott Pruitt (team mate) even said thats dirty racing.....gettem anyway you can I guess. The brakes are half as good as in F1. We don't love Toyota............but still love Dodge. You should too. You probably got a Camery though :haha:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Troy

Quote from: The70RT on March 13, 2007, 05:47:19 AM
Mexican, Columbian, either way he's still an F1 driver with a huge Latin fan base and not a corn fed redneck white guy. Had his teammate not tried to block him they'd have both finished the race up front. ;) I bet he lasts a lot longer than some people think (again, he's getting paid enough to stick around).

And no, I'm not a Nascar fan because my brain can't fathom watching guys drive slowly in a circle.

As for Dodge...
2006 7 wins, 2nd place - beat Ford by 1 point and 1 win but still trailed Chevy by 16 wins
2005 3 wins, last place (3rd) with 14 fewer wins than Chevy and 13 fewer than Ford
2004 4 wins, last place (3rd) with 18 fewer wins than Chevy and 6 fewer than Ford
2002 7 wins, 3rd place - half as many wins as 1st place Ford and only beat Pontiac by 2 points
2001 4 wins, 4th place
That's 34 out of 216 races for a whopping 15% winning percentage since Dodge came back in 2001. Dodge didn't race in the Busch Series in 2001 but in 2002 they had 1 win which Toyota has already matched. The next year they only had 2 so at least they doubled their output.

You guys should love Toyota since they're making Dodge actually seem competitive... for the moment. :P

Troy

Sabates - Montoyas own owner said he screwed up and took his own team mate out. It was obvious.......Scott Pruitt (team mate) even said thats dirty racing.....gettem anyway you can I guess. The brakes are half as good as in F1. We don't love Toyota............but still love Dodge. You should too. You probably got a Camery though :haha:
Why would it matter if I have a Camry? I don't have one of course but it is the best selling car in the US so apparently a lot of other people do. I don't like the looks of it personally. However, I do have a Tacoma 4x4 that's about 100 times more reliable than my Cummins Ram so it's my daily driver. I also have five Mopars and own a Dodge Charger website but that doesn't mean Dodge is any good at racing or that Toyota sucks at it. I love classic Mopars - I try to like the new stuff but it's not working out for me. My point was that Toyota is brand new to NASCAR with very little testing data - but they have a massive budget and they do know a bit about racing. They are dedicated and determined so I really don't think they'll stay at the bottom for long. The best thing (for consumers) in business or racing is competition. That's why I think guys like Rousch are so against Toyota because now they have to work a bit harder and spend more money to remain successful.

Montoya won. End of story. That's what he's paid to do and I didn't see the owner crying in the winner's circle (I thought it was Chip Ganassi any way?). First and fifth isn't as nice as first and second but they both finished in the top five. The way I saw it, Pruett cut him off in the same place he was passed before. Montoya's brakes locked and it did seem like he attempted to avoid it as much as possible. Did he "help" a little when he figured things would be ok? Who knows. Montoya had a faster car and it doesn't seem like there's much doubt in anyone's mind that he would have passed and won eventually.

Troy

Chargen69

I know this is a mopar board, but I loved earnhardt senior, and if, no when he used to do that intentionally, a lot people loved it, and would say, "rubbing is racing, if you cant take it get off the track"

now I know that everyone has a comment about that too, but spinning people on purpose is accepted at several of the short tracks and used to happen a lot

yes i know they were teamates

The70RT

Quote from: Troy on March 13, 2007, 10:14:23 AM
Quote from: The70RT on March 13, 2007, 05:47:19 AM

As for Dodge...
2001 4 wins, 4th place

Troy

Why would it matter if I have a Camry? I don't have one of course but it is the best selling car in the US so apparently a lot of other people do. I don't like the looks of it personally. However, I do have a Tacoma 4x4 that's about 100 times more reliable than my Cummins Ram so it's my daily driver. I also have five Mopars and own a Dodge Charger website but that doesn't mean Dodge is any good at racing or that Toyota sucks at it. I love classic Mopars - I try to like the new stuff but it's not working out for me. My point was that Toyota is brand new to NASCAR with very little testing data - but they have a massive budget and they do know a bit about racing. They are dedicated and determined so I really don't think they'll stay at the bottom for long. The best thing (for consumers) in business or racing is competition. That's why I think guys like Rousch are so against Toyota because now they have to work a bit harder and spend more money to remain successful.

Montoya won. End of story. That's what he's paid to do and I didn't see the owner crying in the winner's circle (I thought it was Chip Ganassi any way?). First and fifth isn't as nice as first and second but they both finished in the top five. The way I saw it, Pruett cut him off in the same place he was passed before. Montoya's brakes locked and it did seem like he attempted to avoid it as much as possible. Did he "help" a little when he figured things would be ok? Who knows. Montoya had a faster car and it doesn't seem like there's much doubt in anyone's mind that he would have passed and won eventually.

Troy

Yeah i figured you had a Toyota.........end of story- good enough for me too.

Troy

I have a Chevy and a Honda motorcycle too and I'm about to buy a Ford. So, my ONE Toyota makes me evil I guess. :eyes: Can't people have varied tastes any more? I can't help but notice that you have several non-mopars as well...

I still don't care for NASCAR and it really makes no difference to me who wins what.

Quote from: Chargen69 on March 13, 2007, 05:04:52 PM
I know this is a mopar board, but I loved earnhardt senior, and if, no when he used to do that intentionally, a lot people loved it, and would say, "rubbing is racing, if you cant take it get off the track"

now I know that everyone has a comment about that too, but spinning people on purpose is accepted at several of the short tracks and used to happen a lot
Exactly - but that was different. Right? ;) As far as I know he didn't break any rules and the losers will always whine about something. They're still losers unless NASCAR takes away the win.

Troy

The70RT

No I don't think your evil.....It's all good Troy. I will come around sooner or later. I kinda lost interest in NASCAR as of late. I have always been a Mark Martin Fan and he's almost done. He went to Chevy From being Ford all those years. True I have always had different brands in the stables ;)

Troy

Ok, so I actually do like Mark Martin from what I've seen in interviews - and I hear he's a fairly good driver. ;)

Troy

TruckDriver

:smilielol: Take a bow Mikey, you did it again :P
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

70charginglizard

70charginglizard

chargerboy69

I have to give it up to my man Ryan Newman who grabbed the pole. That was very nice to see. Sadler sitting in second is good too.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

70charginglizard

Quote from: chargerboy69 on March 16, 2007, 08:02:25 PM
I have to give it up to my man Ryan Newman who grabbed the pole. That was very nice to see. Sadler sitting in second is good too.
:iagree:

Congrads to Ryan. Another very respectable driver with a very cool additude.
70charginglizard

chargerboy69

The Dodges had a great qualifiing day with 8 out of the top 12 spots. That is great. All three Evernham cars in the top 12. Lets hope they can all finish the race well.

Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Ponch ®

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on March 16, 2007, 08:13:48 PM
Bobby LaBounte starts 5th :icon_smile_big:

I wont be surprised if the 43 gets a win this year....

I don't hate Toyotas...in fact, of all the cars I've owned theyve been the most reliable.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

The70RT

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on March 16, 2007, 07:28:55 PM
:smilielol: Take a bow Mikey, you did it again :P

I just got back home from watching the KU game.......what a blow out - Niagra falls :icon_smile_big: I missed qualifiing....say what mikey did it again....thats crazy....I bet all the chebby fans are laughing their asses off. Hats off to Dodge :yesnod:

pettyfan43

Mikey goes home and Jarrett used YET ANOTHER provisional! After next week, if he ain't careful he gets to watch on TV too!

Yeah go ahead and flame me, I can't stand yoyota and I'm glad to see them struggle!

I'm a Mopar nut and PROUD OF IT.  :patriot: :patriot:

NHCharger

I had kinda lost interest in NA$CAR, but with toyota now in it I find myself with a re-newed interest rooting against Mikey and his flunkies.
This is obviously a master marketing ploy by NASCAR.

Let's see. Elliot Sadler starts second in Mayfields old ride (again) :2thumbs:
Mayfield doesn't qualify for the fourth straight race. :2thumbs:  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :punkrocka: :cheers: :boogie: :nutkick: This guy has such a huge ego that it's nice to see him get a taste of reality.

My hat's off to rookie David Reutimann who starts 24th in Mikeys other car. Imagine what he could do with a real race car.

Mikey's currently dead last in the points in 50th with a -27. :smilielol: :smilielol:
However Mayfield has tried to qualify for four races. Shouldn't Mayfield be shown in 50th with 0 points and Mikey in 51th with -27? :icon_smile_big: OK, now I'm just rubbing it in.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

chargerboy69

Ryan Newman, the pole sitter, lost the engine today. He will now start in the back tomarrow.

--Gerald Ford

mikepmcs

NNNEWWMAN!

Boy that was a long drought for him getting the Pole back when he used to dominate from 02-05.  I think it was something like 35 poles or something.  Then just 2 last year and I think his last one was the July race at New Hampshire.

He is definitely not my favorite driver but it sucks he lost his motor. :rotz:

On the other hand I like Michael Waltrip cause he makes me laugh and he's the first to cut himself down and make fun of himself.  He seems like a good person and a good family man. Not much of a fan about the Toy's getting in the mix but overall I'm a race fan so I will continue to watch as much as possible.

I like Dale of course but my favorite driver was Bill Elliot.  Haven't really picked one since but I think Elliot Sadler is pretty cool and he drives a you know what :icon_smile_big:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

chargerboy69

Quote from: mikepmcs on March 17, 2007, 03:37:03 PM
NNNEWWMAN!

Boy that was a long drought for him getting the Pole back when he used to dominate from 02-05.  I think it was something like 35 poles or something.  Then just 2 last year and I think his last one was the July race at New Hampshire.

He is definitely not my favorite driver but it sucks he lost his motor. :rotz:

It does suck. . He is my favoite driver.

He is a very nice guy. I have met, and talked with him many times. Over the past couple years I have taken many of my Ryan Newman items to Indy to get signed. A very good friend of mine is in charge of all the Firefighters and EMT's at the Indianapolis Speedway. So every year I am able to get garage access, and seats indoors. We have been lucky enough to meet who we want. 

--Gerald Ford

mikepmcs

That's really awesome. i"ve been to Pocono a couple times, New Hampshire and Chicagoland.  Pocono is my favorite track of the 3.  Mostly cause I was sick of looking at new hampshire cause I was there every weekend racing bikes(owner not rider, although i do ride) and well it just seems that track was no holds barred fun :icon_smile_big:  I'm sure he'll climb up the ranks tomorrow. Hopefully everything will hold together for all the drivers.  Atlanta appears to be a driver favorite it seems.

I'm gonna scan and post a couple pics. gimme a few.  I just dug them out right now and started laughing remembering the races.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mikepmcs

Here you go, the first 2 are my best friend Rob.  We were jumping in all kinds of cars and stuff.  That Bobby picture we actually took the cover off and he jumped inside so i could take a few. That's his favorite driver.  The guy almost had a heart attack when he came back around the corner.  The second one was the real tree display.  I was gonna hot wire it and take it for a joy ride but common sense prevailed :icon_smile_big:

The other 2 are of my gooffy noggin'  I'm the one on the right at qualifying Chicagoland in the first and then me getting a picture with Bill Elliot's car.

v/r
Mike

71ChallengeHer

Cool pics, Mike. My daughter and I get to go to Dover this year. Free tickets , get to hang out with Kasey Kahne. I can't wait. I use to work for Bobby Allen and he's good friends with Kasey. It should be a good time.