News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

how to find out model of holley carb?

Started by 73chargercali, March 17, 2007, 10:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73chargercali

hey guys and gals,  i pulled the carb off my 360 a while back and today i figured i'd try my first rebuild. i think its a 4160 but im not sure. i can post the stamped numbers on any part if someone will tell me where to look.
the carb is a 4 barrel vacuum secondaries, mechanical choke, with a driverside fuel line inlet? (don't know if that normal?) i was going to call summit with a order as soon as possible but if no one can help i'll call the holley tech line monday morning.

thanks for anyhelp.

i found these pics of the same type of carb as mine if it helps.

Ghoste

In the first pic on the upper right portion of the choke airhorn, there are a couple of numbers and one of these will be the list number.  As for model, it is a 4160.

73chargercali

the numbers are 1850-5 then below that it has 1510 on the choke air horn.
on the inside of the carbs mouth area it has 6R 7809 on the driverside and on the passengers side it has what looks to be a build date wheel. how do i decode this? the side of the carb body has p-80 cast into it.

will a summit rebuild kit for the 4160 #HLY-37-1542 fit this carb?

thanks for the help.

Ghoste

I think that means it's a 600 cfm 4160 replacement carb.  Version 5 but don't ask me about the difference in versions.  Yes, that Summit kit should work.  I can't answer the date coding.

73chargercali

ok thanks ghoste i really appreciate the info.

mikepmcs

LIST #   CFM   STOCK JETTING   POWER VALVE   TYPE

1850-4   600   (F)66,(R)plate 134-9   6.5      4160

version 4 listed here but I assume 5 would be the same as 2-4 were all the same  on the chart.

4160 kit will work.

Here is an exploded view with a list of parts for you as well

http://www.holley.com/data/TechService/Technical/4150-4160%20Exploded%20View.pdf

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

73chargercali

thanks for the info mike i purchased a new metering block a renew kit and a 6.5 power valve based on my estimated vacuum.(engine is not in car yet) all in all i think it cost like $70 for all. i think it should rebuild nicely.