News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Pics Yellow Daytona With Wind Reflectors

Started by Daytona Guy, July 23, 2005, 06:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona Guy

Got my A Pillar wind reflectors on. Now I feel that all my other pics are obsolete.

Mefirst

Ok, now send that ride over to my adress in Sweden :yesnod:

Its an awsome looking ride...

/Tom

Brock Samson

Really Nice! That little bit 'o bling sure adds alot!   :icon_smile_big:

BTW: I really like the body work over the front side marker, seems perfect to my eye where the originals looked kinda hacked togeather.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Lowprofile

My hat is off to you......That is one Awesome Ride!   :drool5:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

69pistolgripRT

I'm jealous on two fronts.

One, the car is beautiful.

Two, how do you get your grass that green....I gotta go do some yard work :-[
1969 RT 440 Pistol Grip 4-speed

Savannah, Ga

PlumBad70

:drool5: :drool5: That is simply awesome looking!! What more can we say!! Awesome!
Steve
1970 Charger R/T Sublime
2013 Dodge Ram 1500 hemi 4x4

dart3404

Damn the grass is very green :o! The car is absolutely breathtaking. :2thumbs:

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: 69pistolgripRT on July 23, 2005, 07:36:11 PM
I'm jealous on two fronts.

One, the car is beautiful.

Two, how do you get your grass that green....I gotta go do some yard work :-[

:iagree:

What a beautfil car. :drool5:

Great work, Dane! :2thumbs:

Johnny
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

hotrod98

Dane,
Now the big question.
Did you buy them or make them? 
If you bought them...how much and who made them? 
If you made them ...how much for a set for me?

I'm taking notes. There's going to be a pop quiz next year...when I start building my Daytona clone.
BTW, as you already know, the car looks great. Of course they've all looked great. lol

If you started a new build right now, would you suggest the best choice for each part, i.e. manufacturer, fiberglass or metal, etc.  I plan to keep the car probably for the rest of my life so I'm thinking metal parts over fiberglass for the long term durability. The way I see it, fiberglass won't be cheaper if you're having to repair or replace and then repaint every few years. I've even priced the steel nose, about 7 grand plus components. I build quality cars and in this part of the country it's kind of expected of me, kind of like with you and the Daytona clones.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Keep the new pics coming. I've created a new folder. "Dane Pics" lol

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

KMPX2

Daytona Guy

Quote from: hotrod98 on July 23, 2005, 10:20:05 PM
Dane,
Now the big question.
Did you buy them or make them?  
If you bought them...how much and who made them?  
If you made them ...how much for a set for me?

I'm taking notes. There's going to be a pop quiz next year...when I start building my Daytona clone.
BTW, as you already know, the car looks great. Of course they've all looked great. lol

If you started a new build right now, would you suggest the best choice for each part, i.e. manufacturer, fiberglass or metal, etc.   I plan to keep the car probably for the rest of my life so I'm thinking metal parts over fiberglass for the long term durability. The way I see it, fiberglass won't be cheaper if you're having to repair or replace and then repaint every few years. I've even priced the steel nose, about 7 grand plus components. I build quality cars and in this part of the country it's kind of expected of me, kind of like with you and the Daytona clones.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Keep the new pics coming. I've created a new folder. "Dane Pics" lol

By the way, thank you guys and Lady, for your compliments. I love seeing these cars-   Chargers of all kinds. I too have folders filled with your cars as well.

I believe I did a whole post on parts and how to get them from. Now everything is running together. I cannot remember if I did that in this post or DC.com right before it went down. I will check it out. I do not know of anyone doing steal noses. The only guy I know who does steel noses does them periodically. Roughly steel parts will run upward of 20,000.00 with a long wait time. If you got the money, have at it.

Just found it -These numbers are close.

All depends…I hope not to make people mad by what I say here. These are just my findings and my experiences.   I will give you my belief and experience in the matter. We are all different.

Any nose
Stinger - 650.00 Will need some modification
Janak - 1000.00 - 1500.00 - Good Mold
Show Cars - 1000.00 Fair mold
Daylona - 1500.00

Wing
Show Cars - Glass Wing - 1500.00 - Not what I would do
Dayclona - 3000.00 - Sheet Metal - Not quite the right shape
Janak - Glass wing - 1500.00 - 2000.00 - Not what I would do

Rear plug.
Janak - Glass Plug - 700.00 - Will crack and shrink - Will need reinforcement - Glass - and altered chrome trim
Dayclona - Steel - 2400 - Will need reinforcement - Glass - and altered chrome trim
Vega Hatch - Steel - 100.00 local wrecker   - Has glass and trim

Headlight
Do what you want.

Grill - complete
Dayclona - 300.00 Worth it
Show Cars - 200.00 Not worth it
Stinger - Not quite right but affordable

Trunk Bracing
Dayclona - Steel - 200.00 a set -   Hands down - the way to go.

Fender scoops
Take your pick

Wind Reflectors
Erik Nelson - 500.00 - Well done

Lower valance
Dayclona - 2000.00 - steel -
Show cars - 400.00 - Nice
Janak - 500.00 - Nice
Stinger - Do not know

Mounting parts are all up to you and your engineering. Or, you can pay for them.

I would like to say that I have talked with and seen many of these parts. I would like to say that they all do good work. These are just my opinions to try and help the buyer make an informed decision.

Almost all after market parts will be different. I make most of my parts, but even parts that I have bought I modify to fit the way I want them to fit. Nose cones are a must modification to fit right no matter what.

Personally I would go with a cast aluminum wing. They are less expensive and are exact in shape, but about a 1/2 inch shorter. The human eye will never see it. They weigh 85 pounds. I just do not trust the glass wing. I see it cracking. The Dayclona wing is well done, but from what I can see the base of the wing has wrong radiuses in their compound curves. Do not get me wrong. I cannot believe they can make these, but for the money I would want mine perfect in shape.

I would go with the Vega Hatch for the rear plug. Even Dayclona's rear plug would require added reinforcements. Plus you will need to get a plastic rear window that will either scratch or sag (coflow)over time. The trim will be near impossible to find.

I am irritated with "Show Cars". They send their glass parts without gel coat and their parts are flimsy and thin. Plus they take for ever to get you the parts. My note to them is - Deliver or send people their money back. But they do a good job on shipping. Others should learn from them on who to use when shipping.

wetfeetmi

Dane, what about trunk lid hinges? I made my last ones, but they weren't perfect. They were close and functional, but couldn't get bend just right. I brought my clone project in from the weather and have started to strip it for the (transformation). Rick

Lostsheep

firefighter3931

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

hotrod98

Dane,
You mentioned the aluminum wing, but who builds it and how much?

Charles Addams

bull

Quote from: wetfeetmi on July 24, 2005, 06:53:40 AM
Dane, what about trunk lid hinges? I made my last ones, but they weren't perfect. They were close and functional, but couldn't get bend just right. I brought my clone project in from the weather and have started to strip it for the (transformation). Rick

Dane would know for sure but I wouldn't think there would be any difference between the hinges on a Daytona clone and a regular Charger. The lid is shorter but why would the hinges be any different?

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

The hinges are most definitely different. Remember, you're no longer using the same dutchman panel above the deck lid. The angle's different. The stock panel is almost flat and the Daytona style panel is at a slope as is the back glass.

Charles Addams

69_500

I believe that there is a gentleman in Georgia who is hand fabricating steel nose cones for Daytona's. I believe that they run for about $7,500.
I have seen NOS daytona nose cones go for as much as $35,000 in the past few months.
As far as the wind deflectors are concerned, the ones the Mr. Nelson makes i've viewed and unless he has changed his product I wasn't too impressed with them. I viewed a cloned Daytona at Carlisle that was sporting his wind deflectors, and you could definately tell they were repro's even from a distance.

Daytona Guy

You decide. Some of his first ones were rough. But the ones I have compare fairly well with the original.

Telvis

Daytona Guy

More pics. Might be in a Snap on calander. What pic should I go with?

thallium

I say go with the rear view. It shows off that wing.

daytonalo

please tell me Who is making wind deflectors