News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Opinion for 525hp small block build

Started by idahogrumpy, March 22, 2007, 07:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2Gunz

Im not any sort of engine expert..... but....

Why not Turbo or supercharge the engine?

It should get better gas mileage, live longer, and be alot better on the street.

And it would prolly be cheaper to build.

The turbo or charger cost is high.

But exotic head work, cam, heads, and tuneups wont come cheap either.

And besides, a crazy turbo setup looks killer!

idahogrumpy

Challenger340, How are ya doing on that 408 dyno test?  ;D I know you are busy but I would really like to see what you came up with. Kyle :yesnod:
Too much to say
Too much to do
Too tired to get it done
Too stubborn to give up
GRUMPY
Modified 73 440 Charger, 03 Intrepid SXT, 02 Neon and 2001 Ram 1500 .

Challenger340

It's all done and ready Kyle, Apologies on the timeframe, I know you're interested, but it's sitting "in line" for the dyno. Probably somewhere around the end of next week I hope.

It's "that time" of year again, up here in "canaduh".

I don't own the dyno, it's a friends who runs an independant testing facility down the road from me, he dyno's for alot of Nascar, Sprint, & drag teams as well.

Usually, we get preference for dyno time, but, this time of year, I have "no time" to even be present or use the dyno ourselves.

We just drop them off, pick them up when he's finished on the dyno. We have 3 sitting there now.

Stay tuned, I'll post the results as soon as I have them, but really, the lower H.P. street deals can get "bumped" from dyno time when "teams" are pressed right now.

In the meantime, I'll get the specs and some photos up tonight on the combo.

Might be kind of fun to "pick it apart" or guess at what it'll do prior to the dyno'ing.

Once again, we changed some stuff up a bit, to see where it goes. New Cam profile being tested again !

Bob out.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

69Chrgr

Challenger340

Apologies for the timeframe, STUPID busy ! Poor little thing got bumped & bumped & bumped, but finally.

Anyway, the results are in, 521 peak horsepower/ 520 ft/lbs Torque.
Final backup & safety tune comes in @ 517 H.P. & 515 Torque ?
We always back 'em down a bit before finishing.

I forget again already !

Will get the sheets scanned and up here shortly. Nice little small block, pump fuel, eddy heads

Again, sorry for the suspense.

Bob out.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Challenger340

The final result as per our dyno testing.

No surprise here for anybody who knows me.

I like TORQUE, especially when it comes to "street type pump gas" engines.

I really don't get to overly concerned with the horsepower thing, for the street stuff, because the rpm required as a function of Horsepower, is usually, the MOST destructive force on the stock blocks, as this one is.

TORQUE is KING on the street, even with smallblocks, especially with our older BIG HEAVY cars

Run it 6,000 rpm, and call it GOOD !

408 " stroker
Stock 360 la block
EDDY heads
Forged 4" Crank
I- beam Rods
Forged Pistons
Main studs
Adjustable rockers
"Comp. Cams" Flat-Tappet Solid Cam
Dual Plane Intake
Holley carb