News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lets see who knows their stuff....

Started by 69pistolgripRT, July 23, 2005, 07:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69pistolgripRT

Obviously, the six pack is an add-on for my 69. But, what problem did I have with the install....the answer is in the pic.

imagine Jeopardy music playing as you try to get it....what you got folks?
1969 RT 440 Pistol Grip 4-speed

Savannah, Ga

Dodge-Charger

What size moto ? Was the deck to high ?

69pistolgripRT

Savannah, Ga

dart3404

Wiper motor is in the way of the air cleaner.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

69pistolgripRT

Ding, ding, ding- winner!  Jen got it. I must have the only RT with a two speed wiper. Guess I could have switched to the three speed, but I went Mickey Mouse and notched the back of my REPRO air cleaner base. Totally unnoticeable with the lid and filter on.

You should have seen my face when the manifold and carbs were on and idling and I went to put the air cleaner on with thoughts of burn-outs and WOT running throuigh my mind.  Then, doink, and I stood there dumbfounded for about twenty seconds. Never even imagined it to be a problem.

Savannah, Ga

Ghoste

BigBlockSam

i had to notch mine also on my 68. you really don't see it whens it's all together
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

mustanghater

Quote from: 69pistolgripRT on July 23, 2005, 07:29:34 PM
Obviously, the six pack is an add-on for my 69. But, what problem did I have with the install....the answer is in the pic.

didn't fit under the hood
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Troy

Quote from: mustanghater on July 24, 2005, 11:29:04 AM
Quote from: 69pistolgripRT on July 23, 2005, 07:29:34 PM

didn't fit under the hood

Uh... I think it's already been answered.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Drache

Lol you're right Troy, sometimes some people don't read the posts....  :eyes:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

JimShine

I noticed the other day at the junkyard that every one of the 15 or so late 60's B bodies I looked at had the three speed wiper option! That must have been a very popular option.

Drop Top

I added one to an A/C car once. Had to notch the front of the air cleaner and raised it with a second set of carb to air cleaner gaskets. Looked factory when I was done.

Dodge-Charger

HAHAHA , well sorry I tried. The only one Ive ever set up, we didnt even have the wiper motor in the car. It was a drag car made out of a third gen ( of course ).

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 69pistolgripRT on July 23, 2005, 08:39:09 PM
Ding, ding, ding- winner! Jen got it. I must have the only RT with a two speed wiper. .

You my friend are not alone....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

tomonty

I had the same problem with mine. Had the same dumbfounded look when we tried to put the air cleaner on. :o  I just picked up a 3 speed wiper motor from a salvage yard.
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. - H.L. Mencken

69_500