News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Steering knuckle / Splash Shields

Started by Mopar Crazy, September 08, 2005, 09:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar Crazy

1. Does anyone know the correct part # for the right and left Disc Brake Steering Knuckles for a
1968 Charger?????????

2. Does anyone know where I can buy Splash shields for the front disc brakes??????

Thanks Peter
Do it Once and Do it Right !!!

Ghoste

The left part number is 2535 073 and the right is 2535 072.   I think for the splash shields you pretty much have to find an existing set.   The shield numbers were 2823 227 and it looks as though they were interchangeable from side to side?

Mopar Crazy

Thanks for the info...... 
Do you know if I can take those shields off any other cars for my 68???

Ghoste

67 to 69 B-body for sure and probably 70 as well.  I'll try and check the numbers and see where else they turn up.

Mopar Crazy

69hemi

68-69 splash Shields are unique and 70 will not fit.  Keep looking for originals because the only thing out there is a generic one from R/T Specialties that will work but looks nothing like the original.
http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram

Ghoste

Are we talking about lower fender splash shields or disc brake splash shields?

Mopar Crazy

Ghoste:  The disc brake shields...........
Back to the steering knuckles, I have one that has # 340 2627 1463. Does that # ring a bell as to if it can be used on my 68????
Thanks

Ghoste

Okay, that's part number I supplied.  That number is good for 67, 68, and 69 for sure.  I don't have a 70 catalog but other resource material I have here indicates that it is a good number for 70 as well.