News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 RT SE Charger

Started by Elvis69, March 23, 2007, 07:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elvis69

I have a 1969 Dodge Charger RT SE 440 4 speed and was wondering how many were made that year? I am also the original owner, It was bought in Sep 68.
I am kind of a first time computer user, and I hope all that commented to this question will read this? I will find out how to put pictures on here of it. Also I did not think I would get any responses like I did with this question. so Now I need to be more honest. This is my dad's car, however he is the original owner. He is 66 years old and has not been able to do much with it in the past 10 years. Me and him totally restored it in 1990 for the first time. I was 6 years old when he bought it, I do remember days at the track 3 days after he bought it for 4,300.00. it has 53,000 miles on it. and all of them were put on there by me and him. For the past 10 years it gets about 25 miles put on it every year. He has zero computer skills and I have very little and don't get line much. He is always asking me to get on the internet and see how many was made, and all of you sound very professional about your Chargers, so I'm very sorry if I miss led anyone about origanal owner, but I fell like it's mine also. I grew up in this car since 1969.  We have the build sheet the window sticker and all the parts that were on it when he bought it. He said the Hemi option was 800.00 and my mom would not let him spend more money.
Thank all of you very much and I will get some pictures as soon as I can on here
I will be back soon with more info and some pictures

moparjohn

Hello and welcome, I have a figure of 4,243 but Chris G. is the man here to ask.  Original owner, wow- what was it like to have one new? Were you the envey of everyone on the street? We would love some pics. What options do you have? Nice to here of someone owning one from day 1 :yesnod:
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

moparjohn

Thanks Mike, I forgot we have 2 Chris G.'s ! and one Chris also I belive!!
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

LargerCharger383

not sure, but welcome to the site! that's great to see original owners with great cars!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: moparjohn on March 23, 2007, 08:25:55 PM
Thanks Mike, I forgot we have 2 Chris G.'s ! and one Chris also I belive!!

Correct John, but I am the original ( a few months older, wiser, better looking etc....) :thumbs:

Elvis69, welcome to the site & please register your car if you haven't already

www.1969chargerregistry.com

Right now I have 23 440/4 speed RT/SE's registered.

Unfortunately I do not have the break down of auto/4 speed RT/SE's....in total there were 4,243 RT/SE's built for '69
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

rasin kahne

that must have been great to have one from the start to know were its been and everything about it

supserdave

Could we some pics? I heard somewhere that someone thought it was around 1400? No solid evidence though.

694spdRT

Just an educated guess considering that approximately 20% of all Charger 440 R/T's produced were 4 speeds I would have to assume the R/T SE production would not likely be anymore than 800-900 cars. In truth less R/T SE'S probably came with 4 speeds because of the upscale buyer which would likely opt for the automatic version instead.  :shruggy:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Elvis69

I have a 1969 Dodge Charger RT SE 440 4 speed and was wondering how many were made that year? I am also the original owner, It was bought in Sep 68.
I am kind of a first time computer user, and I hope all that commented to this question will read this? I will find out how to put pictures on here of it. Also I did not think I would get any responses like I did with this question. so Now I need to be more honest. This is my dad's car, however he is the original owner. He is 66 years old and has not been able to do much with it in the past 10 years. Me and him totally restored it in 1990 for the first time. I was 6 years old when he bought it, I do remember days at the track 3 days after he bought it for 4,300.00. it has 53,000 miles on it. and all of them were put on there by me and him. For the past 10 years it gets about 25 miles put on it every year. He has zero computer skills and I have very little and don't get line much. He is always asking me to get on the internet and see how many was made, and all of you sound very professional about your Chargers, so I'm very sorry if I miss led anyone about origanal owner, but I fell like it's mine also. I grew up in this car since 1969.  We have the build sheet the window sticker and all the parts that were on it when he bought it. He said the Hemi option was 800.00 and my mom would not let him spend more money.
Thank all of you very much and I will get some pictures as soon as I can on here

Ghoste

There are a few people on the site now who children or grandchildren of the original owners of these cars.  I think that's a terrific thing and these cars deserve some kind of legacy status in a case like that. 

R2

I also have a 69 RT SE 4 speed 440 car,,,,,DANA rear,,,,, I am not the original owner,,,,i was only 4 y/o when it came out new....lol
that combo is RARE,,,,i have talked to Wayne Wooten about this before,,,,
would love to see some pics ...............

Brightyellow69rtse

mine too R/T se 4 speed dana 60 3.54 gears from factory (4.10's now). im in the same boat no idea how many sticks i dot believe they counted them :(  ive had the car 7 years day after memorial day ill never forget it :D my dad was 15 when it came out so.........lol im 26 i bought it when i was 19 dream car at 19 wooohooo................Mike

Sweet T

No, it ain't a Hemi.....thank God!

chrint

Quote from: Elvis69 on March 23, 2007, 07:11:17 PM

69rtse4spd

I had been told only about 600 R/T S.E 4-speeds were made, :shruggy:. Mine ie one of the 23 in the 69 registry, also a factory Super Track Pack with 4:10's & power sterring cooler. Welcome to the site.

Ghoste

Yes, welcome to the site and looking forward to the pics.  :2thumbs:

tan top

hello & welcome   :cheers: :yesnod: :2thumbs:   :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Mike DC

The thread was started in 2007.

Ghoste

The new guy is new though.  ;)

chargin69

Hello All, 

I haven't been on here in quite a while obviously. I was perusing threads and came across this one. I too have a 69 RT/SE 440 4spd. I bought it in Reno back in 98. I am one of the 23 on the registry. Glad to see peeps out there with them! It looks GTS is not doing much work anymore (maybe i'm wrong). Anybody stepping up to take up what he was doing?
69 Charger 440 4spd RT\SE B3 blue