News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

daytona pix

Started by learical1, March 25, 2007, 09:42:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: WINGMAN on October 08, 2009, 08:38:22 PM
  I guess i never noticed the writing on the windshelds until now, Looks like a 398 on one with big OKs and more. I wonder if the 398 was to help keep trac of how many were converted. :shruggy:  Jay.

maybe so it is a good way off counting  the cars or how many there are converted indeed
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

hemigeno

There are a couple of Chrysler-generated lists which give us a pretty good idea of how many cars were converted.  Whether the shipments list was used as some sort of internal inventory number (as seen on the windshields and side glass) by Creative Industries is not known and probably couldn't be proven without someone who worked there verifying what the procedures were.

Daytona Enthusiast

Quote from: C5X DAYTONA on October 02, 2009, 12:43:44 PM
Cool picture Dave of my car.   I had the vinyl roof trim off of a 69 500 and that vinyl roof trim off of the Daytona and I asked my dad what he wanted to do with these when we moving from Cerritos and he said throw them away.  So I folded both sets up on my knees and threw them in the trash.  Don't know if I would put it back on the car but would love to have them back..    Greg Bullinger tells the story about digging in the dirt looking for goodies and finding the front wheel well mouldings buried...   Why has your car been sitting for 20 years?   Lets get it going...... 
My Dad took all the pictures that day except that one. He let me take one and that's it. What seemed like a
bad shot back then, is interesting now. Why has my car been sitting for so long??? I'll talk to you on Sat. if
you'll be at the Fall Fling. Maybe you'd be interested in working on it. I'd like to ad another 100,000 to the
odometer, I need to catch you and join the 200,000 mile Daytona club.

C5X DAYTONA

Quote from: Daytona Enthusiast on October 13, 2009, 03:53:19 AM
Quote from: C5X DAYTONA on October 02, 2009, 12:43:44 PM
Cool picture Dave of my car.   I had the vinyl roof trim off of a 69 500 and that vinyl roof trim off of the Daytona and I asked my dad what he wanted to do with these when we moving from Cerritos and he said throw them away.  So I folded both sets up on my knees and threw them in the trash.  Don't know if I would put it back on the car but would love to have them back..    Greg Bullinger tells the story about digging in the dirt looking for goodies and finding the front wheel well mouldings buried...   Why has your car been sitting for 20 years?   Lets get it going...... 
My Dad took all the pictures that day except that one. He let me take one and that's it. What seemed like a
bad shot back then, is interesting now. Why has my car been sitting for so long??? I'll talk to you on Sat. if
you'll be at the Fall Fling. Maybe you'd be interested in working on it. I'd like to ad another 100,000 to the
odometer, I need to catch you and join the 200,000 mile Daytona club.
Dave,  I will be at the Fall Fling on Sat.  I am not taking any special cars to the show since I am leaving for Talladega on Friday ish.     Lets do it.    I have too many customer cars here right now but I can always push out a Cuda for a wing car.  ANYDAY.......  My cell is 760-391-3913.   If we don't see each other first give me a buzz. 
Caution.... Low flying aircraft.

djcarguy

sure some great old pixs ,thanks. just found these.

djcarguy

Any more old back in the day pix  ???   :popcrn: :drool5: :popcrn: :drool5: :popcrn:

odcics2

Quote from: hemigeno on October 09, 2009, 02:51:05 PM
There are a couple of Chrysler-generated lists which give us a pretty good idea of how many cars were converted.  Whether the shipments list was used as some sort of internal inventory number (as seen on the windshields and side glass) by Creative Industries is not known and probably couldn't be proven without someone who worked there verifying what the procedures were.

Numbers on the glass refer to the shipping list numbers. 
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?